The other games today - 2013/14

JH

It's all a matter of opinion, I think Forster is the better keeper, he's English, he's a Geordie, why would anybody not want him at the club? Krul on the top of his game makes some great saves (as does Forster) but his distribution and footballing ability are rank. probably the worst in the Premier League and there has been no improvement there at all. Every time he goes to kick the ball he's a liability. He doesn't command the box, is crap on crosses and he looked like he wasn't interested in tangling with Lukaku on the third goal last night. So he's either still worried about his shoulder, or he's chicken, take your pick.

It's all a matter of opinion, I think Forster is the better keeper, he's English, he's a Geordie, why would anybody not want him at the club? Krul on the top of his game makes some great saves (as does Forster) but his distribution and footballing ability are rank. probably the worst in the Premier League and there has been no improvement there at all. Every time he goes to kick the ball he's a liability. He doesn't command the box, is crap on crosses and he looked like he wasn't interested in tangling with Lukaku on the third goal last night. So he's either still worried about his shoulder, or he's chicken, take your pick.

never wanted him to leave but the boy was never satisfied being Krul's number 2 and you got to respect him for that. Cannot blame him as he looked around and thought, do i want to be like Harper and play second fiddle for how long?

Two things that never should come into your mind when rating a player.

Well rather than stating your opinion, you should try explaining the reasoning behind it and that goes for Sewelly and the others who claim they agree with him but without giving any reasons. If you think Krul is better than Forster say so and explain why. IMO he's not, and at the moment he's definitely not. He's a very flawed keeper especially on crosses (though not as bad as Given), and his kicking is invariably poor, that's my opinion, if you disagree than fire away, but don't just say that's a woeful post, that's bullshit.

Fuck me - that self-championing, patronising, belittling 'so-and-so is an awful poster' craic is fucking abysmal, like.

Can't get over the arrogance from some at times. It's a shame. Oh well.

It's all a matter of opinion, I think Forster is the better keeper, he's English, he's a Geordie, why would anybody not want him at the club?Krul on the top of his game makes some great saves (as does Forster) but his distribution and footballing ability are rank. probably the worst in the Premier League and there has been no improvement there at all. Every time he goes to kick the ball he's a liability. He doesn't command the box, is crap on crosses and he looked like he wasn't interested in tangling with Lukaku on the third goal last night. So he's either still worried about his shoulder, or he's chicken, take your pick.

Bolded parts are in my opinion more or less horseshite. Even if Krul had a poor game at Everton, he is still one of the top goalies in the league and I  honestly wouldn't swap him for anyone. He was simply amazing on 2011-2012 and his form dropped a bit last year. He was still great most of the time and made the saves, on top of his game or not. His distribution always gets criticised but he's no worse than the majority of the goalies. Who are these goalies that are superb with the ball at their feet? As for footballing ability, I don't really understand what you mean. Krul is a good footballer in my opinion, one of the best in the league at his position.

Forster plays for Celtic and as long as he is there I just can't say that he's better than Krul no matter what he does. He might look good against Barca but that's not so hard. You saw him against Milan in the week 1? If Krul did that attempted save on the freekick he would get lynched here, rightly so. He might be a Geordie but that isn't enough if you don't have the talent your competition has.

I said Krul was pants, or if you prefer just not very good at the moment. I appreciate playing behind the defence we have had for the last 50 or so games is not going to be beneficial for him and he looks short of confidence. I don't think he commands the box particularly well, and in general less and less goalkeepers do, most are reluctant to leave the line. What I meant about him being a poor footballer is that he always looks uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, and under pressure his clearances are often poor. Reina always looked the best on the ground to me, two footed and never apparently under pressure. Forster looked very two footed tonight clearing well of either foot. Anyhow it's good to have discussions that's what the forums for isn't it?

Fucking love Yorkie, man. I don't respect him a massive amount if I'm honest but the type of guy I genuinely want to see prosper.

I have more-or-less zero respect for you, given that you're words on a screen, but a similar fondness. Peculiar one. We should probably just get down to it.

I said Krul was pants, or if you prefer just not very good at the moment. I appreciate playing behind the defence we have had for the last 50 or so games is not going to be beneficial for him and he looks short of confidence. I don't think he commands the box particularly well, and in general less and less goalkeepers do, most are reluctant to leave the line. What I meant about him being a poor footballer is that he always looks uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, and under pressure his clearances are often poor. Reina always looked the best on the ground to me, two footed and never apparently under pressure. Forster looked very two footed tonight clearing well of either foot. Anyhow it's good to have discussions that's what the forums for isn't it?

So Krul's distribution is the worst in the league and the two examples you give are Pepe Reina and Fraser Forster. Other was not good enough for Liverpool and got the boot and the other wasn't good enough for a team that has the worst goalkeeper in the league in distribution.

I have nothing against Forster and it would be great for us if he was the backup keeper. It's just better for him and basically everyone that he isn't sitting his whole career on the bench like Harper did.

It's just annoying that there's a post like yours everytime some of our former players have a decent game on the telly.

Well I wasn't the first one to post about Forster last night or the first one to regret he doesn't play for us. He certainly wanted to play for his home town club and was very disappointed when he left. I didn't say Reina was a particularly good goalkeeper, he's very erratic at best, but on the ground his passing from the back always looked very assured and accurate. Valdes at Barca is the same,  mind you he'd probably get shot if he hoofed it long. Krul's distribution is criticised by a lot of people on here so mine is certainly not the minority view.

BREAKING NEWS: N-O thinks Krul isn't good enough at hoofing.

I know Krul's distribution is criticised by many here and I've defended it before. It's just as good/bad as most of the other goalie's in the league. The examples you gave (Reina, Forster, Valdes) show that it's not an area where many goalkeepers excel. Luckily for us Krul is better than most in almost every other category.