The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Guest bimpy474

Compare Laudrups comments about his players mistakes to Di Canio's :lol:

Had Di Canio been Shelveys manager I doubt he'd have made it out of the dressing room in one piece

He would have subbed him at half time, and then never spoken to him again. One manager is class, the other is a mentalist :lol:

Some of our fans are fucking cretins. If before the start of the season you offered me 10 points from Stoke (H), Villa (A), United (H), Swansea (A) with Suarez suspended, and Sturridge not fully fit I would have bitten your hand off. Yet some are slaying into our players....

Anyways, one more game until Suarez is back. Really hope we can dictate the play to Soton in BOTH halves.

I don't hold that against him. Routledge was poor for us in the Premiership (and every other Premiership team he'd played for up to that point). Fair play to Swansea they've got the best out of him.

Buying Obertan though...

Anyone who'd watched Routledge play for us in the Championship should have known he could comfortably cut it in the Premiership given the confidence and opportunity. Some of the goals he scored and created in those few months were the kinds of things that would work at any level. His volley against Coventry, good God.

Guest bimpy474

I think swapping Routledge (a winger) and commenting that the boy isn't at the level this club should have, then buying Obertan as his replacement and playing Jonas (2 wingers) non stop for as long as was possible. Is in fact probably the worst thing Pardew has done here tbh.

Bit annoying how Neville was going on about Sturridge now proving he is a goalscorer, and having improved so much.

He's always scored goals at every level far as I recall. He just wasn't being played in the prem!

Even at Chelsea, when they bothered to play him, he scored goals, even though he was shunted out wide most of the time.

I don't hold that against him. Routledge was poor for us in the Premiership (and every other Premiership team he'd played for up to that point). Fair play to Swansea they've got the best out of him.

Buying Obertan though...

Anyone who'd watched Routledge play for us in the Championship should have known he could comfortably cut it in the Premiership given the confidence and opportunity. Some of the goals he scored and created in those few months were the kinds of things that would work at any level. His volley against Coventry, good God.

Tbf, I can remember during his first few matches Wullie was sold on Routledge. While I liked him I did question whether he was a big club player and I suppose that's still a question mark over his head. But the lad could whip in a great cross even then and had a pretty good shot on him as well. It's good to see his talent flourishing under a manager who plays football.

Bit annoying how Neville was going on about Sturridge now proving he is a goalscorer, and having improved so much.

He's always scored goals at every level far as I recall. He just wasn't being played in the prem!

Even at Chelsea, when they bothered to play him, he scored goals, even though he was shunted out wide most of the time.

He's scored goals whenever he's been allowed to start as a striker.

At Bolton he scored 8 goals in 12 games and so far for Liverpool he's scored 17 in 21 games, i wanted us to sign him when we sold Carroll oh well. :(

He's scored goals whenever he's been allowed to start as a striker.

At Bolton he scored 8 goals in 12 games and so far for Liverpool he's scored 17 in 21 games, i wanted us to sign him when we sold Carroll oh well. :(

Urgh! We probably would have got him too, as by that point Chelsea were messing him about.

They were desperate for Torres, and knowing Liverpool would only sell if they got Carroll, we could have at least tried to squeeze Chelsea for Sturridge.

They're having that Lampard vs. Scholes/Pirlo type player argument that was had on here recently.

The thing about Scholes he was both :lol: He was like Lampard for a period but even better as far as i'm concerned and later on he changed his game to be more like Xavi/Pirlo.

Criminal that we never really got the best from at international level, the whole team should have been built around him.