The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Moyes has dealt with pressure well in the past. From relegation candidates one year to Champions League the next. Dealt well with it there.

Incredibly knee jerk to me to suggest they will not finish in the top 4. He will get it right this year, long term not a clue.

Howay there's no comparison in pressure between Everton (especially as they were then, shit for years) and Man Utd.

There is a comparison, different kinds of pressure but I'm just responding to a claim that he's never had to deal with it.

Bit like saying I had a bit of pressure in my job last week so I could cope with being Prime Minister, no bother.

Is your current job in politics? Or anywhere near that field?

Civil servant!

Obviously I was being flippant, but Everton fans back then expected to be shit. Man Utd fans expect to be the biggest and best team in the world, 100% of the time.

Generally agree with brummie though, nobody could do that job, but certainly not a bloke who'd cemented himself as having a glass ceiling of around 5th or 6th.

Guest bimpy474

Moyes has dealt with pressure well in the past. From relegation candidates one year to Champions League the next. Dealt well with it there.

Incredibly knee jerk to me to suggest they will not finish in the top 4. He will get it right this year, long term not a clue.

Howay there's no comparison in pressure between Everton (especially as they were then, shit for years) and Man Utd.

There is a comparison, different kinds of pressure but I'm just responding to a claim that he's never had to deal with it.

Bit like saying I had a bit of pressure in my job last week so I could cope with being Prime Minister, no bother.

Is your current job in politics? Or anywhere near that field?

Civil servant!

Obviously I was being flippant, but Everton fans back then expected to be shit. Man Utd fans expect to be the biggest and best team in the world, 100% of the time.

Ponce. As am i :lol:

Moyes, who consistently got Everton into the top 6 has no chance of finishing 4th with Man U. 

Righto.

Do you think they'll finish top 4?

I know they will.

Everton and Man U are two completely different teams, with completely different calibre of players, who have completely different expectations.

The way Moyes trains and communicates with th eplayers at Everton will not fly with the bunch he has now.

I honestly don't think he gets this, and he's stubborn as hell too.

The way I see it top 6 would be impressive. Top 4 is long gone.

How do we know he hasn't changed his approach?

Changed it to what? After all those years at Everton? A stubborn man like him? Look at the evidence of the way Man U are playing. Like the guy on Soccer Saturday said slow and predictable.

This has been evident since pre-season.

I read an article about some of the players being surprised by how hard and physical the training was under him at Man U.

Bet they hardly see a ball during training.

Civil servant!

Obviously I was being flippant, but Everton fans back then expected to be s***. Man Utd fans expect to be the biggest and best team in the world, 100% of the time.

I was in with Man U fans in the cup final and they are the worst supporters I've had the misfortune to meet.  They thought they had the god given right to everything.

Guest bimpy474

Civil servant!

Obviously I was being flippant, but Everton fans back then expected to be s***. Man Utd fans expect to be the biggest and best team in the world, 100% of the time.

I was in with Man U fans in the cup final and they are the worst supporters I've had the misfortune to meet.  They thought they had the god given right to everything.

They just stink of arrogance.

Civil servant!

Really made me laugh hearing when they got Moyes on a long term deal, the fans and pundits saying "Man Utd are a patient club, we/they'll give him time", I thought you really haven't got a clue have you? It's not 1991 anymore.

Moyes, who consistently got Everton into the top 6 has no chance of finishing 4th with Man U. 

Righto.

I know they will.

Everton and Man U are two completely different teams, with completely different calibre of players, who have completely different expectations.

The way Moyes trains and communicates with th eplayers at Everton will not fly with the bunch he has now.

Because he bought Fellaini. Sorry to have to keep banging on about this but it's a fair indicator of what type of football he prefers.

Guest bimpy474

Righto.

I know they will.

Because he bought Fellaini. Sorry to have to keep banging on about this but it's a fair indicator of what type of football he prefers.

Aye, it's odd as Fellaini see himself as a holding player. Moyes most certainly doesn't.

If Moyes goes I'd have him here.

Me too, but we could do better.

Really? Who else has ran a team on a budget and had them consistently around the European places? The job he did at Everton was fantastic, right now that kind of success and longevity is light years away from us.

He did a good job at Everton, no doubt, but the extent to which it can be called 'fantastic' is debatable. There have been plenty of murmurings of discontent with Moyes over the years from Everton fans, and he usually finished about where you would expect them to with the squad they have.

I think Martinez will show that the job Moyes did at Everton wasn't as fantastic as some may think. He has silverware to his name, too.

Most importantly, Moyes' tactics and philosophy have been exposed a lot already this season, even in the first game against Swansea. I don't think he would get the best out of the players we have, even though he would basically guarantee a top 10 finish.

I was in the Olympic Gallery with my son who was 11 at the time, the others in with us were all Man U and they wanted every decision, even when they clearly fouled our players.

Righto.

I know they will.

Didn't you argue that Tiote would've been a good buy for Man U last summer? Fellaini's a far better rounded footballer.

The league is mint this season. Man Utd aren't really Moyes' fault, they just don't have that good a team any more.

They spent £26m on Fellaini. Who's fault was that?

Don't know really. No doubt Moyes wanted him, the specific price is probably not his doing. And it's only a problem if it stopped them getting other players, which seems unlikely.

Guest bimpy474

I was in the Olympic Gallery with my son who was 11 at the time, the others in with us were all Man U and they wanted every decision, even when they clearly fouled our players.

Along with Liverpool the sense of entitlement is staggering. I just hate them so much,