The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Nowt wrong with that in my opinion, the ball was released. Keepers often get protected too much, if that was an ordinary player and he kicked it a little in front of him and someone came in and got the ball it's a fair challenge.

I'd like to see a better position of the collecting the ball on the line incident though.

It's against the laws of the game, simple.

See my above question.

Guest firetotheworks

thought the law specifically says a keeper bouncing the ball still counts as it being in his control?

But isn't the letter of the law says a keeper isn't allowed to control the ball in his hands for more than 6 consecutive seconds, hence why keepers bounce the ball in order to lose control of the ball and regain control of the ball?

No.

thought the law specifically says a keeper bouncing the ball still counts as it being in his control?

But isn't the letter of the law says a keeper isn't allowed to control the ball in his hands for more than 6 consecutive seconds, hence why keepers bounce the ball in order to lose control of the ball and regain control of the ball?

No.

I'm pretty sure there is a time limit to how long a goal keeper can keep control of the ball in his hands for though.

If there isn't then I want to know why the hell Krul just didn't keep a hold of the ball until the full time whistle when after we went 2-1 up today.

Guest firetotheworks

No.

I'm pretty sure there is a time limit to how long a goal keeper can keep control of the ball in his hands for though.

If there isn't then I want to know why the hell Krul just didn't keep a hold of the ball until the full time whistle when after we went 2-1 up today.

I was saying that bouncing the ball doesn't restart it.

No.

I was saying that bouncing the ball doesn't restart it.

Now answer my 2nd question. Why didn't Krul keep a hold of the ball?, this winning games would be a hell of a lot easier if he did. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

How's that offside?

Srs? :lol:

There was a Cardiff player behind Eto'o.

There has to be two Cardiff players if the Gk isn't also. Only one Cardiff player makes it offside.

The change to the "two opponents" rule led to an immediate increase in goal-scoring. 4,700 goals were scored in 1,848 Football League games in 1924–25. This number rose to 6,373 goals (from the same number of games) in 1925–26.

In 1990 the law was amended to adjudge an attacker as onside if level with the second-to-last opponent. This change was part of a general movement by the game's authorities to make the rules more conducive to attacking football and help the game to flow more freely.

How's that offside?

Srs? :lol:

There was a Cardiff player behind Eto'o.

There has to be two Cardiff players if the Gk isn't also. Only one Cardiff player makes it offside.

its often easy to forget that when your so used to just counting the goalkeeper as naturally being there

Guest bimpy474

http://i.imgur.com/h48U0BK.png

Yet we've had instructions as refs to be a be more lenient with this, and with players standing in front of the GK as he takes a drop kick, which is completely against the rules as they stand. Among a numbers of other things, not blowing up for fouls if the crowd are volatile is one, just mental.

I have the impression the powers that be want ref's to ref in their opinion more, rather than be restricted by too many rules. Makes no sense if you pick things that should be clear cut.