The other games today - 2013/14

JH

http://i.imgur.com/h48U0BK.png

Yet we've had instructions as refs to be a be more lenient with this, and with players standing in front of the GK as he takes a drop kick, which is completely against the rules as they stand. Among a numbers of other things, not blowing up for fouls if the crowd are volatile is one, just mental.

I have the impression the powers that be want ref's to ref in their opinion more, rather than be restricted by too many rules. Makes no sense if you pick things that should be clear cut.

In my opinion ref in the Premier League only use their own interpretation/sense when it is to the benefit of the bigger clubs otherwise letter of the law applies.

Had today's incident with Cardiff happened the other way around the goal would not have stood, same with Mbiwa's red card if it was a Liverpool player committing the foul.

Today we had a penalty appeal which admittedly maybe wasn't a penalty, but in the follow up there was a clear back pass. On that occasion the referee made his one interpretation on that law as in there was no Newcastle player pressurising the keeper to gain control of the ball, however by the letter of the law it should have still been an indirect free kick.

Guest bimpy474

http://i.imgur.com/h48U0BK.png

Yet we've had instructions as refs to be a be more lenient with this, and with players standing in front of the GK as he takes a drop kick, which is completely against the rules as they stand. Among a numbers of other things, not blowing up for fouls if the crowd are volatile is one, just mental.

I have the impression the powers that be want ref's to ref in their opinion more, rather than be restricted by too many rules. Makes no sense if you pick things that should be clear cut.

In my opinion ref in the Premier League only use their own interpretation/sense when it is to the benefit of the bigger clubs otherwise letter of the law applies.

Had today's incident with Cardiff happened the other way around the goal would not have stood, same with Mbiwa's red card if it was a Liverpool player committing the foul.

Today we had a penalty appeal which admittedly maybe wasn't a penalty, but in the follow up there was a clear back pass. On that occasion the referee made his one interpretation on that law as in there was no Newcastle player pressurising the keeper to gain control of the ball, however by the letter of the law it should have still been an indirect free kick.

Totally agree, but i think they have been doing that for years anyway. And during the game today i said that was a backpass, just because it was a tackle it seemed to get missed. You can make a tackle and pass the ball at the same time. Totally missed by the officials.