The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Personally I would say Ozil is a better player than Bale.

Absolutely miles better imo.

I didn't want to go THAT far for fear of being shot down but aye - class above.

Bale's a player who can be shackled whereas I feel Ozil isn't - Ozil can hurt you with any pass he makes whilst Bale has to either be hitting it from 30 yards or making a ridiculous run which are easier to stop than a player who can make any pass he wants to. It's easier to stop a player than a travelling ball.

Not knocking Bale, clearly a staggering player on his day, but if I could have either, it would definitely be Ozil because he doesn't have to be "on his day" to hurt you.

Guest firetotheworks

Bale's a player who can be shackled whereas I feel Ozil isn't - Ozil can hurt you with any pass he makes whilst Bale has to either be hitting it from 30 yards or making a ridiculous run which are easier to stop than a player who can make any pass he wants to. It's easier to stop a player than a travelling ball.

Not knocking Bale, clearly a staggering player on his day, but if I could have either, it would definitely be Ozil because he doesn't have to be "on his day" to hurt you.

I'll always have more time for players that will still be excellent once their pace has gone. Bale won't be imo.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeh exactly - plus I think Bale stung a lot of teams by frightening them - they didn't know whether to press him or dive in - by which point he's done something about the situation and that kind of performance is naturally unsustainable.

Whereas - Ozil - his record speaks for itself but as a playmaker - there's not a net he couldn't slip though.