The other games today - 2013/14

JH

I've heard that idea of supporting France instead of England a few times. It's just bizarre to me. I'll admire other teams for their style of play, but I can't support anyone else but England. Euro 2008, I found it impossible to genuinely support another team, I ended up watching most games as a neutral or siding with the underdog.

I'll support England at the World Cup like i do every other major competition. Something happens and I actually start to care again, even though we're utter s***. I f***ing love the World Cup, man, it wouldn't be half as good without a team to genuinely support (not just adopt to be zany or what not).

:thup:

Agreed. Couldn't care less about International's throughout the season but once it gets to a major tournament I love following England.

Ronaldo is incredible. I genuinely really hope he wins the Ballon d'or this year as he's been phenomenal for so long. For once Messi hasn't quite been at the top of his game and fuck off with this idea of Ribery winning it.

fa vase 2nd round replay

spennymoor town 7 - 0 winsford united

andrew johnson, liam henderson x3, chris mason, bobby moore, dan taylor.

hendo (ex gateshead) taylor (ex nufc)

Even more impressive from Bobby Moore given he's been deceased a number of years.

England people must be incredibly spoiled if they think their team is so rubbish they shouldn't follow it.

Coming from a horrible footballing country I've always found this really weird. Is it a common thing everywhere in England?

I can't imagine what would make me so apatethic towards the Finland team.

England people must be incredibly spoiled if they think their team is so rubbish they shouldn't follow it.

Coming from a horrible footballing country I've always found this really weird. Is it a common thing everywhere in England?

Feels like they think they should be better than they are. I'd be pretty pissed off if USA played basketball like England plays soccer.

fa vase 2nd round replay

spennymoor town 7 - 0 winsford united

andrew johnson, liam henderson x3, chris mason, bobby moore, dan taylor.

hendo (ex gateshead) taylor (ex nufc)

Even more impressive from Bobby Moore given he's been deceased a number of years.

TBF he could probably still do the business against "Winsford United"

In my experience no, it's definitely a more Northern (Manchester/Liverpool>NCL) thing though.

Paid too much etc. is an easy label to throw around, they're paid on par with any other sporting professional in a popular sport. Thinking they're better than they are is a lot of folks gripes but even then that's on the wane.

England did until recently get lumped in with the hype around PL. Most it massively unwarranted.

All in my opinion like.

Zlatan's said he won't be at WC2018, as would be expected.

Fucking shame we didn't go to 2010 when he was a fucking monster. Feels like a dive into eternal darkness for Swedish football after Euro 2016, even though I seriously doubt we'll get there without anyone emerging from out of nowhere.

Still feel blessed to have lived through the age of Zlatan, this country will never see anything like him.

Watching at Wembley would suck the life out of it for me.

One of the flattest atmospheres you're likely to experience at International footy.

Doesn't help every fucking game is there and for anyone from remotely out of London would have to taken an afternoon/day off work to get there and then need to stay over in London after the game.

Watching at Wembley would suck the life out of it for me.

One of the flattest atmospheres you're likely to experience at International footy.

Doesn't help every f***ing game is there and for anyone from remotely out of London would have to taken an afternoon/day off work to get there and then need to stay over in London after the game.

Tweeted similar on Friday night watching the Chile game, where the entire top tier was empty.