The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Taking the lead then losing it away at total s*** like West Brom. What a cowardly arsehole Martinez is - would hate him to manage us.

yep, would hate to have to watch a team capable of throwing away a lead very easily every week...

Indeed. Thankfully Pardew hasn't given up a lead away from home once this season so thats something we don't have to endure. Otherwise this forum would be full of posts like this:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25859-west-brom/page-6

And now a Moyes substitution!!!

Bringing a defender on!

Wrong subs, wrong time. Reactive shite instead of being proactive. Really disappointed with bobby here. Only one team going to win this now.

Team has been let down severely by the gaffa here. Blatently obvious a change was due and he waited till an injury forced his hand, whilst they make 3 attacking subs. Not good enough.

Lukaku and Barry have been woeful and Osman...I feel sorry for him really, he's what? 32?33? Never really had great stamina when he was younger so fuck knows why managers still play him to the 80th minute now, how many 32-33 year olds do you know that last to the 80th minute on the wing? He was a joke but he shouldn't have been on the field.

For all the plaudits Martinez has taken since arriving. I fear he may have just cost us majorly in the race for fourth

that was dog shit...seriously disappointed with martinez today..didn't react until it was too late

everyone just looked either shattered or like they couldn't be fuckin arsed

Taking the lead then losing it away at total s*** like West Brom. What a cowardly arsehole Martinez is - would hate him to manage us.

You're not a bad WUM like, I'l give you that. I can still smell the scent of blue pop and cheesy chips with this one, though

1-1 game on. Tidy finish.

I made a point of watching it, to check on Barry. He was constantly involved and passed the ball forward very accurately. I think Hodgson feels that his lack of pace will get found out at international level, but I'd put him in the squad.

And Anelka surely has to be one of the worst examples of a squandered talent. When he could be bothered, he was brilliant. Most of the time, he played at 50%, and whilst he still looked half-decent, it's only a fraction of the player he should be.

I mean, I'm never ever an expert at this sport, but what was it about his Everton run that makes you think he's the guy?

Before he took over at Everton they were always struggling to be fair. 14th - 17th most seasons I'm in correct. In a few years Moyes took them from near the bottom of the table to a solid top table side. He done this without much money as well. That is a massive achievement.

A lot of people will point to the fact that he never won a trophy, and wouldn't be able to handle a top club that has money and should be winning trophies every year. This may well be the case, but I'd far rather we give Moyes the chance than an overseas manager who will only stay for a couple of seasons and then leave.

My main reasons for being happy with the appointment:

• Aforementioned achievement with Everton
  • British manager
  • Over 10 years experience in the Premier League
  • Loyalty
  • Sir Alex's number one choice.

A lot of people may disagree with the last one, but I'd like to think Fergie knows more about football than any chief executive. If he says he sees himself in Moyes and believes he can be successful, I'd be willing to listen.

He has time to turn this around.

The short version of this answer :thup:

It really isn't though. I honestly did not want Mourinho or Guardiola. Maybe three years of success under Mourinho (who would spend a lot of money), and then we're back to square one. Guardiola might fancy about sabbatical in a few years. Who knows.

1-1 game on. Tidy finish.

I made a point of watching it, to check on Barry. He was constantly involved and passed the ball forward very accurately. I think Hodgson feels that his lack of pace will get found out at international level, but I'd put him in the squad.

And Anelka surely has to be one of the worst examples of a squandered talent. When he could be bothered, he was brilliant. Most of the time, he played at 50%, and whilst he still looked half-decent, it's only a fraction of the player he should be.

lo siento amigo, partido equivocado.  O0

It really isn't though. I honestly did not want Mourinho or Guardiola. Maybe three years of success under Mourinho (who would spend a lot of money), and then we're back to square one. Guardiola might fancy about sabbatical in a few years. Who knows.

Froggy pls

If you had signed up either of those guys you would be creaming your pants right now.

You'll be advocating Man United keep spending to a low amount or spend what you earn going forward then?

I've said it on here many times to be fair. Even when Mourinho looked likely.

Moyes will get time from me. Disappointed with this season but I always said I'd give him two seasons. Come August next season he'll have had three transfer windows and a full year with the team. We'll see then.

For now, Moyes in.

I've said it on here many times to be fair. Even when Mourinho looked likely.

Moyes will get time from me. Disappointed with this season but I always said I'd give him two seasons. Come August next season he'll have had three transfer windows and a full year with the team. We'll see then.

For now, Moyes in.

We're in agreement then, Agent Moyes in :thup:

You'll be advocating Man United keep spending to a low amount or spend what you earn going forward then?

No, it's no secret that we need to spend quite a bit, but look at the amount of money Mourinho has spent wherever he has gone. I wouldn't want to be shipping out 80-100m every season on players if we managed to get ourselves stable again.

West Ham are charging £32 for season ticket holders for the game tonight, and £42 for non-members :mackems: :mackems: Kids go in for a quid though, but still, it will be interesting to see the attendance there tonight with those prices.