The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Avid South American watchers might be able to help more with this, but SA football is treating me well recently. It seems you can often get ludicrous odds for away teams (good away teams, too).

Take Gremio at Botafogo last week for example. Gremio 2nd, Botafogo 3rd, Gremio in great form, Botafogo in rotten form, Gremio were something like 3/1. Crazy.

Is there just more of a natural home advantage in South America (altitude?) and this is why odds are often overly skewed towards home teams?

Avid South American watchers might be able to help more with this, but SA football is treating me well recently. It seems you can often get ludicrous odds for away teams (good away teams, too).

Take Gremio at Botafogo last week for example. Gremio 2nd, Botafogo 3rd, Gremio in great form, Botafogo in rotten form, Gremio were something like 3/1. Crazy.

Is there just more of a natural home advantage in South America (altitude?) and this is why odds are often overly skewed towards home teams?

Lack of knowledge, assumed difficult journeys & dodgy referees.

Altitude is only really a factor in Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and to a lesser extent Colombia.

Cuzco (PE), Quito (EC) and Bogota (CO) being the 3 main centres of altitude effected games outside of Bolivia.

Didn't even notice that :lol: :thup:

Think I'll just risk Uruguay tbh, going for a long odds triple tomorrow anyway, worth a shot.

I've noticed that as well neil, had a bit of joy with Brazilian football lately,  especially serie b, a few near misses for decent returns as well unfortunately.  :(

Was gonna say. :lol:

2/1 are what I think of as great psychological odds. They sound class in your head. 2/1? For a quality side like Uruguay? To beat Ecuador?!

When you break it down, though, the odds are fair - if anything, a little stingy. As Disco said, Ecuador are great at home. A 33% chance of Uruguay winning is pretty much what I'd say is a fair chance. But people will naturally be lured in by 2/1 because it sounds like value, as opposed to being value.

Had the chance to look at a few things for tonight.

Initial selections that jump out are Croatia-Belgium BTTS, Sweden-Austria over 2.5, and Muller anytime.

Gone for the first selection as a single. Kicks off at 5.

Also, I know we probably should win tonight, and Montenegro aren't at full strength, but at 12/1 it's a struggle to resist not putting a couple of quid on Montenegro. :lol: Can get 10/1 DNB with SpreadEx.

Armenia bringing home the money. :lol:

20+ mins left vs Bulgaria at home, Bulgaria down to 9. Was 1-1.

Armenia were 2/1 to win in play. Morons. Stan James, that is, for being so slow to update their odds. Most other bookies had Armenia odds on, obviously.

Just bet 50euro on Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Holland to win.

All of them are asian hcp. Dont even know how to win at that.

italy

:scared:

portugal

:scared: :scared:

Serial f***er upperers.

also.... I've taken Italy

:okay:

:yao:

rage.