The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Thinking about going for Arse -2 early doors. Odds are 2.85, got a fair bit of cash to squander.

Sorry, I'm all over Arsenal this weekend. Stay away. :lol:

If people are getting on them, get on early. Price will shorten.

The -1 @ 11/10 has already gone - evens best price. That'll go below soon enough.

Yep, all over them.

Arsenal were 4/9 immediately post-Holloway sacking. Now 4/11 best price, plenty going 1/3 and even 3/10.

Would be shocked if Arsenal kick off best price anything above 1/3. Probably 3/10. H'caps will obviously shorten accordingly.

Thinking about going for Arse -2 early doors. Odds are 2.85, got a fair bit of cash to squander.

The -1 @ 11/10 has already gone - evens best price. That'll go below soon enough.

Yep, all over them.

Arsenal were 4/9 immediately post-Holloway sacking. Now 4/11 best price, plenty going 1/3 and even 3/10.

Would be shocked if Arsenal kick off best price anything above 1/3. Probably 3/10. H'caps will obviously shorten accordingly.

Got them on the -2 ah at 2.85 and -2.5 at 3.35 in another accum. You'd think it will be one of these ones where Palace shock everyone with a magnificent display or they get totally pasted. Let's hope for the latter.

Yep, all over them.

Got them on the -2 ah at 2.85 and -2.5 at 3.35 in another accum. You'd think it will be one of these ones where Palace shock everyone with a magnificent display or they get totally pasted. Let's hope for the latter.

A couple of times recently I've been very confident of a big win for a team and the other team have defied all previous performances and produced a stunningly resolute display. :lol:

IMO it is merely a matter of Arsenal's mercy. If they want to score 4 or 5, they can. I guess they're not likely to play a first team lineup in the League Cup so it's not like their key players have to hold back.

Edit: they've got Chelsea, might be slightly stronger than usual.

Think Ronaldo to score anytime at 5/4 is excellent. Would certainly take that price rather than 8/11 best price on Messi (most going 4/6 and shorter).

Agree with that. Is it on tomorrow?

Yeah, but it's weird coverage. Think it kicks off at 5 but Sky, for some UEFA bullshit about not being able to show live football until 5.15pm, can't show the first 15 mins.

5 in the first place is an odd kick off time for this game, am I missing something? I know Spanish teams are all playing at different times, but would've thought they'd want this a bit later for maximum TV audience.

Think Ronaldo to score anytime at 5/4 is excellent. Would certainly take that price rather than 8/11 best price on Messi (most going 4/6 and shorter).

Agree with that. Is it on tomorrow?

Yeah, but it's weird coverage. Think it kicks off at 5 but Sky, for some UEFA bullshit about not being able to show live football until 5.15pm, can't show the first 15 mins.

5 in the first place is an odd kick off time for this game, am I missing something? I know Spanish teams are all playing at different times, but would've thought they'd want this a bit later for maximum TV audience.

Barca are playing Tues night so I think it's for that rather than TV as it'd be mid afternoon in US/Latin America and late doors in Asia.

Got a little bit of money I wasn't expecting, not a lot but enough to allow a small treat, so I fired up my old betting accounts (I'd forgotten the passwords/logins) on Betfair. 365, Sky and Paddy's. Stuck in a whopping £15 in each to play with. It'll all be gone by next week, obviously, and the accounts will lie dormant again for months.

Got a little bit of money I wasn't expecting, not a lot but enough to allow a small treat, so I fired up my old betting accounts (I'd forgotten the passwords/logins) on Betfair. 365, Sky and Paddy's. Stuck in a whopping £15 in each to play with. It'll all be gone by next week, obviously, and the accounts will lie dormant again for months.

If you're not in a rush for a quick profit you could try using one or two of those accounts for just single betting, see how far you can get until you want to withdraw.

Miss Jamie let me down for a 4 fold fkn grrrrrrrrrrr

11.25 Fairview Win 25/10/2013 11:25 Sahvara (Win) @ 15/2 (7/1) (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)

12.00 Fairview Win 25/10/2013 12:00 Entrippidation (Win) @ 11/4 (5/2) (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)

12.35 Fairview Win 25/10/2013 12:35 Miss Jamie @ 15/8 (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)

1.10 Fairview Win 25/10/2013 13:10 Ottimo (Win) @ 6/1 (6/1) (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)

Oh and fkn Gramercy

3.00 Newbury Win 25/10/2013 15:00 Dutch S (Place) @ 10/3 (4/1) (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)

2.10 Doncaster Win 25/10/2013 14:10 Arabian Beauty (Place) @ 7/1 (14/1) (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)

2.40 Doncaster Win 25/10/2013 14:40 Wannabe Yours (Place) @ 4/1 (5/2) (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)

Horse Racing Doncaster 3.10 Doncaster Win 25/10/2013 15:10 Gramercy @ 8/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 4 places.)

Yeah, I think they have a link with a few clubs. "Sign up today, bet on your team to win and get these ridiculous odds". Think it's a max bet of £10/£20, mind. Still, though.

Got 8/1 (I think) on us to beat Chelsea. Already a PP customer but a little workaround saw to that.

How much was that top one potentially paying out? :kasper:

Can't remember tbh and don't want to look :lol:

Lessens the blow that I only had 25p e/w on them, had £1 left after my footy bets for the weekend so lobbed those two 4 folds on.

I think had Miss Jamie won it would have been £143.60