Coventry City

ponsaelius

Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of.....miserable twats.

hahahhaha! take that up ya whiney arses!  karma may be a bitch and midlands gets it smack between the eyes....

Having said that, I met a nice coventry fan, once in 1997.  He was called gary.

Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of.....miserable twats.

hahahhaha! take that up ya whiney arses!  karma may be a bitch and midlands gets it smack between the eyes....

Having said that, I met a nice coventry fan, once in 1997.  He was called gary.

What is this utter bollocks?

I feel for them. Nice club, decent fans. Deserve so much better.

Guest bimpy474

While i cant say i liked Coventry i'd never want to see a club go under. Except Liverpool.

I wouldn't shed a tear if the mackems went under. Or Liverpool. Or Wigan.

Sunderland provide tons of hilarity though.

While i cant say i liked Coventry i'd never want to see a club go under. Except Liverpool.

I'd have enough laughter for my lifetime if they went under.

Guest bimpy474

I'd have enough laughter for my lifetime if they went under.

That's true :lol:

Cov were purchased by a hedge fund sponsor called SISU some 6 years ago. Despite only in reality owning some player's contracts. The training ground belonged to a Charity and the Ricoh, joint owned by the same Charity and Coventry City Council.

Over the next 6 years SISU have provided minimal, if any, investment into the team, and the breakeven figure of 23,000 fans in the ground was only breached twice. Both for cup-ties, one vs Chelsea and the other the Northern Final of the JPT last season. The debt just grew and grew until last season,after having stopped paying the rent on the Ricoh for months, SISU appointed their own administrator to put the club into administration.

There were on the face of it some good offers for the club. One, an American businessman, Preston Haskell, had even agreed to buy the stadium from the owners. The SISU appointed administrator though selected Otrium Entertainments as the preferred bidder. Otrium, incidentally is owned by SISU. This surely is illegal, but the Football League have happily allowed this to continue.

They owe the Stadium owners millions of pounds, and despite being offered rent free football at the stadium, are taking Coventry City to play their home games at Northampton for the next 3 seasons, whilst they supposedly build a new stadium in the Coventry area.

It's not just SISU who are the villains here. Whoever signed the tenancy contract on behalf of Coventry City Football Club wants shooting too. It's rumoured to be one million £ per month and any alcohol or food  profits sold during a match go to the owners and not the club.