The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Personally I think it's a shame that the guy gets such a free ride from most of the fans and the press, there's nothing shameful in calling it the way you see it. I don't get the 'back patting' thing at all, and seriously what's with the type of language you're using? No-one's being 'sly' or 'sniggering'. We're openly laughing at him, because he's f***ing ridiculous.

Fair play, if that's true I'm just wrong. It's just very unappealing to me when a group of fans take turns to laugh at stuff which (IMO) is very often perfectly normal stuff for a manager to say. This is separate issue to whether you think Pardew's any good or not.

To me, it just comes across as smug and willfully ignorant, and that people are doing it just to have another dig at the manager. This is just my opinion, obviously things can come across strangely in writing, so maybe that's it.

You had a problem when people weren't happy with Pardew saying he didn't care if Arsenal beat us 4-0 and thank God we weren't in Europe next season. Were they perfectly normal things for a manager to say or worthy of criticism and mockery? Apologies, I don't have a tape recording of it btw.

I don't think it's worth me trying to re-argue all those points again.

:lol: Areet then.

:lol:

I'm not trying to avoid the issue, it's just genuinely too much like hard work to go through it all again.

Goooooooooo on, one more time, they are calling for an encore...

Tbh I thought it was a valid question, I'm sick of hearing this "All managers say the same stuff" bollocks. For a start, I've never known an NUFC manager talk anywhere near as much deliberately misleading drivel as this bloke.

It's a totally valid question, I don't deny that. Just we've debated every individual quote to death and I can't face it again.

10 pages later...

Guest bimpy474

Why has this thread turned into a debate? It's just a laugh. I don't see the need for people to come in and try and defend poor pardy like! It's only a bit of fun, don't like it don't post in it?

Too many sense of humour bypasses.

oh, and by the way, "nice stuff" is just that...we did actually knock it about well at times last season but it was totally aimless when we did, what i'd prefer to be hearing was we've been cutting teams to shreds but haven't been able to put the ball in the net...that would really encourage me

our scoring pre-season has been shite barring 1 game at the start, hallmarks of pardew (tight scorelines)

Guest Phil K

Why has this thread turned into a debate? It's just a laugh. I don't see the need for people to come in and try and defend poor pardy like! It's only a bit of fun, don't like it don't post in it?

Its up to Pardew to prove us all (well, 95% anyway) wrong.

Think theres as much chance of that happening as me winning the lottery, the pools, a 10 horse winning accumulator,  and finding out I've inherited £50 million all on the same day

(Do I give the impression I have no faith in him whatsoever, by any chance ?)  :laugh:

Guest icemanblue

That's what I don't get about this huge freak out over last night's result. A lot of the reports from pre-season have been positive. We seemed to be moving in the right direction by addressing the shortcomings of last season. Now, because we didn't beat the 'third tier Scottish team', we're back to square one. It's fucking bipolar. :lol:

again, it's not, he's got previous for his fear-based approach...it's very encouraging what you're saying but whether he's the balls to implement a passing game in the PL is another matter, in 2.5 years he's not had the stones for it

also given the standard of opposition there's a strong chance we played some nice stuff 'cause they were just shit, but then i'll not take anything away from the guy as it may all be down to pardew and maybe he does have a plan

i reiterate, nothing would make me happier than if he does

Well what can you say to that? Damned if you do, CUNT if you don't. :lol:

oh, and by the way, "nice stuff" is just that...we did actually knock it about well at times last season but it was totally aimless when we did, what i'd prefer to be hearing was we've been cutting teams to shreds but haven't been able to put the ball in the net...that would really encourage me

our scoring pre-season has been s**** barring 1 game at the start, hallmarks of pardew (tight scorelines)

Yep. We did try and play it out from the back more towards the end of last season, and our retention improved a fair amount. However,not much of the possession was in the final third of the pitch, and it rarely amounted to anything. Our poor football has much more to do with movement/ lack of attacking in numbers(pushing the team higher up the pitch) than any hoofball/passing football distinction. Apart from those ridiculous freekicks taken by the goalkeeper near the halfway line. They're fucking woeful.

Our players really aren't all that tbh. What we could do with is a good manager to overcome this and at least get them playing as a team.

I honestly think it doesn't matter how many new signings we throw at this team, it's still not going to solve the problem of basic shape and playing style. That is where the manager usually makes the difference.

:thup:

But I think the task of finishing in the top five is more difficult for us because of the growth of some of the other clubs who were just below us.

“In particular, Liverpool and Spurs have spent a lot of money, and other clubs such as Swansea and Southampton have coordinated their financial strength really well.

Fucking hell, he's already shitting his pants about Swansea and Southampton. The season hasn't even started yet.

But I think the task of finishing in the top five is more difficult for us because of the growth of some of the other clubs who were just below us.

“In particular, Liverpool and Spurs have spent a lot of money, and other clubs such as Swansea and Southampton have coordinated their financial strength really well.

f***ing hell, he's already shitting his pants about Swansea and Southampton. The season hasn't even started yet.

Or he's pointing out what many on here have already mentioned about them spending money fairly well and improving their squad, hardly would say he's shitting his pants, i can see they've spent well but i still fancy us to finish above said teams.

f***ing hell, he's already shitting his pants about Swansea and Southampton. The season hasn't even started yet.

Or he's pointing out what many on here have already mentioned about them spending money fairly well and improving their squad, hardly would say he's shitting his pants, i can see they've spent well but i still fancy us to finish above said teams.

You are over estimating Pardew.  I'm almost certain we will finish below Southampton and Swansea.

You are over estimating Pardew.  I'm almost certain we will finish below Southampton and Swansea.

I wouldn't say i'm overestimating Pardew, i've just got a lot of faith in the quality of our players to put it together on the pitch as a team.