Man City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/08/13 - post-'match' reaction from page 63

Dave

Just gotten back. Never felt so down while watching us. We've had the heart and soul ripped out of us as a club, absolute nothing performance. Why was Gouff taken off and not Cisse btw? he would have done much more than Cisse with the little service. Also Steven Taylor can fuck right off, all his fault for the second goal then getting sent off, what a cunt.

Just gotten back. Never felt so down while watching us. We've had the heart and soul ripped out of us as a club, absolute nothing performance. Why was Gouff taken off and not Cisse btw? he would have done much more than Cisse with the little service. Also Steven Taylor can fuck right off, all his fault for the second goal then getting sent off, what a cunt.

tbh I wouldn't blame him much for the 2nd goal, just a stupidly good finish by Aguero

tbh I wouldn't blame him much for the 2nd goal, just a stupidly good finish by Aguero

A bit more pressure to direct him towards the byline as Colo was moving in behind Tayls would have helped. He didn't even attempt!

He welcomed the shot with his constant backing off though.

In a match like this, you should lose due to the difference in class that comes with the extra spend on players.  That Aguero finish just inside the post for number two for example.

You shouldn't lose due to lack of effort, poor organisation, hot-headedness, not giving the man on the ball an option, taking set pieces that have you desperately defending five seconds later, etc., etc. If you do you're seriously taking the piss out of everyone that follows the team, especially  the lads and lasses that went down there for an 8pm kickoff on a Monday. The point in commentary about the (few) empty seats in our end was well low. It's your fault for scheduling the game then you c*nts.

did they at least look fitter? 

Touchè.

eh?

:lol:

i as that question from the pov that pardew only talks about 2 things in the wake of the disaster that was last season, new players and fitness...nowt wrong with his tactics or selections or fuck all like, so he hasn't got any new players in but did they at least look fit enough to compete against poorer teams, 'cause that's basically his only hope for success isn't it?

Well that was wonderful. f*** me.

Krul was top class overall. Question marks over the wall he set up and his positioning for the FK.

Debuchy woeful.

Taylor woeful.

Coloccini looked good and bad in phases. Can't lead his players when there is no game plan.

Mbiwa was hit and miss. Much much much better at CB.

Sissoko was meh.

Tiote was meh (an improvement).

Jonas played well in small confined spaces, but HE'S NOT A f***ing WINGER FFS.

HBA never really got going. Some lovely touches and turns as per.

Gouffran was our best outfield player imo. He showed for it every single time, and linked up play extremely well. Had to drop too deep at times, but I got the feeling he was the only one trying to do the right things.

Cisse isolated, and ineffectual. Nothing new there.

Anita and Dummett were alright, but the game was gone by then.

Sammy Ameobi over Marveaux ffs. Get him out on loan please.

Pardew and Carver haven't got a clue. Ashley must clear the decks today.

We had a freakgoal the first one against us. Their one player that was between all of our players had the ball on his head, and it was Silva even. The smallest of them all. Their second goal was pure class finishing and just out of reach for Krul with could not be saved. We looked like having some spark at times, but their defence was on top of their game last night.

However a few things wich crossed my mind was the shittyness of Cisse which got absolutely nothing done all night. Tiote still tries too much at times, but he was that more withdrawn midfielder. Albeit not beeing that Cabaye spread the ball left and right Sissoko was pretty good in the central midfielder role. Carried it, held it up and some good passes here and there. But still both him and Tiote aren´t those keep the ball in the team type of players with their passing percentage.

I struggle sometimes to understand how top international footballers can't pass a ball accurately even at short distances. The only explanation I can come up with is that they overthink it. In. which case, they are being asked to do things that don't come naturally to them. Football is a simple game. Let's get back to basics.

I struggle sometimes to understand how top international footballers can't pass a ball accurately even at short distances. The only explanation I can come up with is that they overthink it. In. which case, they are being asked to do things that don't come naturally to them. Football is a simple game. Let's get back to basics.

Confidence

I would say it was clearly evident they were a lot fitter, first to every 50 50 ball in comparison we looked sluggish and the Silva goal showed a distinct lack of desire to track back.

I knew that everytime they went for a ball they would win it, they just looked so much sharper

A day later and I'm still aghast at how inept and heartless that performance was. It was at least equally as bad as our worst performances last season (/fucking ever) and that is just staggering. I expected us to get beat but I honestly can't believe how bad things actually are. I'm not absolving the players by any means, but we really couldn't have been worse had there been no manager, and they just got Sissoko or Elliot to pick an eleven off the top of their heads, or summat. I've seen some fucking pathetic managers come and go from this club, but I have NEVER seen one without a sodding gameplan.

Just indescribably bad. One of the worst Newcastle performances I've ever seen, undoubtedly. Utterly deflated. And a new striker will change absolutely cock all.

Guest icemanblue

I was canny deflated last night, like. Not an unexpected result, but the manner of it was very disappointing. After sleeping on it, it's not hurting as much as it probably should. I've read, a fair few times, that our season starts against West Ham. I hope that is the case, as this result can soon be forgotten about.

I was canny deflated last night, like. Not an unexpected result, but the manner of it was very disappointing. After sleeping on it, it's not hurting as much as it probably should. I've read, a fair few times, that our season starts against West Ham. I hope that is the case, as this result can soon be forgotten about.

A win there would be absolutely enormous like as well as, on the basis of last night, a massive surprise. But it's a new week. Who fucking knows?

Can't believe NOTHING improved, man. Not even the basics like discipline.