Man City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/08/13 - post-'match' reaction from page 63

Dave

The scoreline was not unexpected but I did think we would at least try to compete.  I cannot believe any other team would have been pathetic in performance and attitude especially in the first game of the season.

Regardless of whether we have a smaller squad than last season, sometimes you need to buy new players just to freshen things up.  We are so predictable.

Just got back from the game.

Even though that was only the first game and it was against a strengthened City, it literally was soul destroying stuff. Second best all night long and what hurts is that we didn't fucking try. There was no fight in any of the players bar Ben Arfa and Sissoko. Everyone else were just strolling around and were static as fuck. Where was the passion? Our attacking was inept and Cisse, just like last season, was very isolated and did nothing of note - he pretty much got bullied by the City defence.

The atmosphere around the away end was rather downbeat (and with good reason) and I'm sorry but all the teenagers there were doing my head in and need to fuck off - instead of concentrating on the game, they were more intent having some "banter" with the City fans, one lad kept slapping his head as a gesture to a City fan, fuck off. Another thing is our end singing "where were you when you were shit?" to the City fans, again that annoyed the fuck out of me because anyone with a fucking footballing brain knew that they had great support when they were in the lower leagues. Rant over.

Well then, at least we've City over and done with, got two home games to kick start our season so let's get at them!

I know City are good and even with a new manager fully expected to be outclassed, it was just the fact the 'team' still looks so much like a bunch of strangers playing in the same shirts. Considering how long we've had that's really worrying.

If Pardew goes I have absolutely no faith that Ashley would bring in the right man. Nothing Pardew's said or done in the last 12 months convinces me he's cut out to be a top-level football coach but I still fear Ashley could make it even worse.

Yey to the new football season.

Krul made some good saves

Yanga-Mbiwa - poor, more interested in kicking lumps/starting fights

Coloccini - didn't organise the defence well enough

S.Taylor - long term replacement for Karl Pilkington for any future idiot abroad series

Debuchy - Struggle to believe he is a French international, can't defend for s**t, not that much better than Simpson was at defending, stupid booking.

Tiote - around like a headless chicken as per usual

Sissoko - the invisible man

Gouffran - forgot he was playing till he got subbed

Ben Arfa - he tried

Gutierrez - hopefully Derek Wright will lock him in the physio room till May.

Cisse - couldn't penetrate a paper bag, first touch was poor, personally think he had a good first 6 months at the club but been rubbish since

Anita - Toure had him for breakfast, could probably fart and blow him off the ball

Sammy Ameobi - managed to dribble a bit, also kept his brother on the bench so

Dummett - not ready for the Premier League yet IMO

Krul made some good saves

Yanga-Mbiwa - poor, more interested in kicking lumps/starting fights

Coloccini - didn't organise the defence well enough

S.Taylor - long term replacement for Karl Pilkington for any future idiot abroad series

Debuchy - Struggle to believe he is a French international, can't defend for s**t, not that much better than Simpson was at defending, stupid booking.

Tiote - around like a headless chicken as per usual

Sissoko - the invisible man

Gouffran - forgot he was playing till he got subbed

Ben Arfa - he tried

Gutierrez - hopefully Derek Wright will lock him in the physio room till May.

Cisse - couldn't penetrate a paper bag, first touch was poor, personally think he had a good first 6 months at the club but been rubbish since

Anita - Toure had him for breakfast, could probably fart and blow him off the ball

Sammy Ameobi - managed to dribble a bit, also kept his brother on the bench so

Dummett - not ready for the Premier League yet IMO

And what about the negatives?

Even though that was only the first game and it was against a strengthened City, it literally was soul destroying stuff. Second best all night long and what hurts is that we didn't fucking try. There was no fight in any of the players bar Ben Arfa and Sissoko. Everyone else were just strolling around and were static as fuck. Where was the passion? Our attacking was inept and Cisse, just like last season, was very isolated and did nothing of note - he pretty much got bullied by the City defence.

The atmosphere around the away end was rather downbeat (and with good reason) and I'm sorry but all the teenagers there were doing my head in and need to fuck off - instead of concentrating on the game, they were more intent having some "banter" with the City fans, one lad kept slapping his head as a gesture to a City fan, fuck off. Another thing is our end singing "where were you when you were shit?" to the City fans, again that annoyed the fuck out of me because anyone with a fucking footballing brain knew that they had great support when they were in the lower leagues. Rant over.

Well then, at least we've City over and done with, got two home games to kick start our season so let's get at them!

Not the brightest then.

Guest GeordieAce

We're a poor team, with a poor manager and a poorly run club. The gulf in class was painfully obvious today. You look at man city today, quality players across the the entire squad granted, but the runs off the ball, the closing down, the formation and discipline was fantastic. It doesnt take a team of world beaters to approach the game in that manner. We seemed to have the odd spell of good passing, but once we got to the final 3rd it was more hit and hope into the box rather than trying to actually pick some one out or being patient and picking the right pass.

Pardew is the worst manager in the league by some distance. His body language spoke volumes today when he tried to hide behind drinking his bottled water when the camera went on him. He's a coward and will do anything to to back heel the blame. Get rid.

Not the brightest then.

Fucking hell, what do you drive?  Concorde? :lol:

They were signing that after the first goal from what I could hear on TV. It's a sign I the times I think, 90% of fans from any team are more interested in slagging each other off then yet are signing about the football.

Even though that was only the first game and it was against a strengthened City, it literally was soul destroying stuff. Second best all night long and what hurts is that we didn't f***ing try. There was no fight in any of the players bar Ben Arfa and Sissoko. Everyone else were just strolling around and were static as f***. Where was the passion? Our attacking was inept and Cisse, just like last season, was very isolated and did nothing of note - he pretty much got bullied by the City defence.

The atmosphere around the away end was rather downbeat (and with good reason) and I'm sorry but all the teenagers there were doing my head in and need to f*** off - instead of concentrating on the game, they were more intent having some "banter" with the City fans, one lad kept slapping his head as a gesture to a City fan, f*** off. Another thing is our end singing "where were you when you were s***?" to the City fans, again that annoyed the f*** out of me because anyone with a f***ing footballing brain knew that they had great support when they were in the lower leagues. Rant over.

Not the brightest then.

f***ing hell, what do you drive?  Concorde? :lol:

They were signing that after the first goal from what I could hear on TV. It's a sign I the times I think, 90% of fans from any team are more interested in slagging each other off then yet are signing about the football.

Live in Manchester. It was more the boozed up teenagers who were doing it and they really are as thick as fuck.

Even though that was only the first game and it was against a strengthened City, it literally was soul destroying stuff. Second best all night long and what hurts is that we didn't f***ing try. There was no fight in any of the players bar Ben Arfa and Sissoko. Everyone else were just strolling around and were static as f***. Where was the passion? Our attacking was inept and Cisse, just like last season, was very isolated and did nothing of note - he pretty much got bullied by the City defence.

The atmosphere around the away end was rather downbeat (and with good reason) and I'm sorry but all the teenagers there were doing my head in and need to f*** off - instead of concentrating on the game, they were more intent having some "banter" with the City fans, one lad kept slapping his head as a gesture to a City fan, f*** off. Another thing is our end singing "where were you when you were s***?" to the City fans, again that annoyed the f*** out of me because anyone with a f***ing footballing brain knew that they had great support when they were in the lower leagues. Rant over.

Not the brightest then.

Live in Manchester. It was more the boozed up teenagers who were doing it and they really are as thick as fuck.

Standard fare for away games now.

Not sure what people were expecting today, but a bumming was always a strong chnace and City will hand out more of them with the players they have. Apart from being out classed we were a very poor defensive and offensive unit today. Throw in a load of poor discipline and it's worse. We should have kept our calm today. Mapou and Debuchy could have seen red.

Swansea, palace, villa, hull, and even stoke........ all teams starting their season against one of the big 6 and all giving a better performance than us and actually threatening the opposition goal on occasion.

Yup, that's how bad we are.

Not the brightest then.

Live in Manchester. It was more the boozed up teenagers who were doing it and they really are as thick as f***.

Standard fare for away games now.

Unfortunately so, aye. That's what I've come to see at away games now...

Not sure what people were expecting today, but a bumming was always a strong chnace and City will hand out more of them with the players they have. Apart from being out classed we were a very poor defensive and offensive unit today. Throw in a load of poor discipline and it's worse. We should have kept our calm today. Mapou and Debuchy could have seen red.

Swansea, palace, villa, hull, and even stoke........ all teams starting their season against one of the big 6 and all giving a better performance than us and actually threatening the opposition goal on occasion.

Yup, that's how bad we are.

Ahh but we fretened the goal @pards

Expected to get humped. But the thing that bothers me the most is that we still haven't changed a thing, tactics, line up, anything.  Apparently we shouldn't say that after 'just pre-season' games so I'll say it again now. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Can't wait for West Ham :(

We need a serious shake up.

Revert back to 4-4-2 for me for the time being. Get a target man along side Cisse, (albeit it has to be Shola). Then get some solidarity about our play. We have no cutting edge and no defensive discipline.

Revert back to 4-4-2 for me for the time being. Get a target man along side Cisse, (albeit it has to be Shola). Then get some solidarity about our play. We have no cutting edge and no defensive discipline.

Totally agree. Pardew is out of his depth and trying too hard. The basis of our success in the season before last was a rigid defence, a functional formation and players doing the basics right. If we're not changing manager he needs to go back to something he can make work or we'll be in bother down the bottom of the league again.

Guest bimpy474

Totally agree. Pardew is out of his depth and trying too hard. The basis of our success in the season before last was a rigid defence, a functional formation and players doing the basics right. If we're not changing manager he needs to go back to something he can make work or we'll be in bother down the bottom of the league again.

I dont think he can get back to that, he lost it with the team and with his own ability. You see it all the time and this is exactly what it looks like, there's no turning this around.

Guest icemanblue

Canny shite that, like. Everything looked like last season. The sending off obviously didn't help, but the game was already over. City were very good, but we made it easy for them. The manner of the defeat is demoralising and puts us properly on the back foot for the West Ham game. Scary to think it can, and probably will, get worse. Genuinely have not got a clue what we'll look like come September 2nd.

Guest neesy111

We won't ever get back to the unit we were with all these foreign players around imo.  Today's performance by some of them reminded me of Liverpool last season.

We're lacking some match ratings :pow:

On its own, I could take this 4-0 because Man City are much better than us. But combined with Cabaye and the Pardew bullshit this is too much. Its not just one match either, I've seen this performance so much over the past year. No heart, no desire, no organisation. There's never any movement, corners are shit and we're so predictable with our laboured attacks. The 'French Project' isn't working and it isnt xenophobic to say that. In 2 weeks we'll be stuck with this lot til January. Pardew is a large part of the problem with his negativity but the players must take the blame too - he didnt force Debuchy to bring down Toure and he didnt tell Taylor to clothesline Aguero. Idiotic moments of madness. I'm just sick of all this. We're normally thrown the occasional bone during the dark times but I don't see any right now.

Things must change. I dont think they will.