Best World Cup Games/Moments

Vinny Green Balls

Guest Howaythetoon

Every second of WC 94. No tournament since has even begun to live up to it.

Actually puts in perspective how little England means to me.

Aye, same here. Great tournament full of drama, excitement and above all else, top players actually performing.

Agree about WC94. My first one and I couldn't believe there was 3 live games on normal telly every day.

The USA kit, Valdarrama, Jorge Campos, Lalas, Romario, Bulgaria, Ireland-Italy, Saeed Al-Owairan's goal, Bebeto's celebration, Pagliuca's red card in the final.

82 easily the best I've seen. The quality of the football played was top banana.  The best Brazil side I've seen, 3 home nations, a great to watch French side too. 90 also was good but not the quality but Bobby's England providing some great moments. Never forget Platt's volley . I enjoyed the 78 WC too. Arie Haan knocking goals in from 35 yards and the ticker tape and Archie Gemmill's goal against Holland.

Every second of WC 94. No tournament since has even begun to live up to it.

Actually puts in perspective how little England means to me.

What a cup man. Madness how Enland didn't make it. That Baggio penalty still kills me for some reason.

My USA team had those ridiculous uniforms too :lol:

WC94 was technically my first but i was so young i can't remember it properly.... 98 was when it really got started for me.

But the best game i ever seen was actually before my time thanks to the power of the internet....

France vs Brazil 1986 quarter final.

Socrates, Platini, Junior, Giresse, Zico, Tigana :fwap:

82 easily the best I've seen. The quality of the football played was top banana.  The best Brazil side I've seen, 3 home nations, a great to watch French side too. 90 also was good but not the quality but Bobby's England providing some great moments. Never forget Platt's volley . I enjoyed the 78 WC too. Arie Haan knocking goals in from 35 yards and the ticker tape and Archie Gemmill's goal against Holland.

WC'98 was very special and I'm sure I'll remember it forever. Watched absolutely shitloads of games, from Brazil 2-1 Scotland in the first match to the epic finale. Obviously England had one or two special moments too which will definitely live with me... the ecstasy and ensuing heartbreak of the Argentina game was probably my first real rollercoaster of emotions watching a match. Can remember it vividly. I cheered when Batty initially kicked his penalty. :lol:

My first real feast of football. Amazing. Nigeria beating Spain, Iran beating the US, Jamaica, Bergkamp's goal against the Argies, Croatia smashing the Germans, Zidane... I can even remember collecting all the England squad coins. Rendez-Vous Part IV by Jean-Michel Jarre on ITV's coverage. Ginola in the studio. Even to the things I was doing/saying on those days. For eg, the final credits after the Final were in a different font and I remember asking my Mum why, her response being: "why don't you write to ITV and ask!?"

I was only 7 but I remember things so vividly. Amazing tournament.

WC 98 was fucking class too man. Brilliant cup. Maybe nostalgia but haven't thought a cup was as good as 94 and 98. I'll mix in 96 Euros and say that was a brilliant era football and my favorite time.

Guest palnese

Loved the way Suker checked his pulse before slotting home pens. Cool bastard.

I'll never forget Zidane's WC moments - The goals to the red cards. There was and still is something mythical about him. Absolutely adored him as a player.

Oh, and this bad boy. What a nutter :lol:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000mQ99dN5xHys/s/860/860/Jorge-Campos-MM-94-1.jpg

In my lifetime:

Zizou's panenka then headbutt in the World Cup final

That Saudi Arabian scoring a Maradona at World Cup 94

The battle of Nurnburg with Holland v Portugal

Michael Owen v Argentina

Jong Tae Se and Ryan Nelsen bealing during anthems at South Africa

The whole of Africa losing to crafty South American gamesmanship

Everyone gan mental after Sol Campbell's disallowed goal v Argies '98

Getting mortal v Brazil '02 then going to school in the afternoon

DENNISH BERGKAMP, DENNISH BERGKAMP, DENNISH BERGKAMP, DENNISH BERGKAMP, DENNISH BERGKAMP,