Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Full strength and go for a win. Nothing else will do.

Surely as long as you get through with minimal amount of squad damage, it's a good night. The aim is just to be in the next round, that's all that will do regardless of who is selected.

The games don't exist in isolation though. The players need some goals and confidence. They won't get any of that from sitting at home whilst the reserves squeeze through.

Quite possibly, but your also running the risk of injuring a Ben Arfa for Saturday or longer. Liverpool lost Toure/Allen/Cissokho though injury, easily done. Could have been a Sturridge or Gerrard. I’d prefer we went through with the kids out but obviously that carries a bigger risk of going out, a mixture of both would suffice for me. I don’t fancy seeing HBA playing that’s for sure though.

When Ben Arfa's walking down the street, he could trip and break his leg, or someone could crash into his car. We can't make him a Bubble Boy ( "Moops!" )

I just don't subscribe to the theory that we must wrap players in cotton wool as much as possible. We treat footballers as if playing football is the absolute worst thing they can do for their health and I'm bloody sick of it.

A risk ffs. I watch football to be entertained by my team playing good stuff and scoring goals, not to watch some blokes not getting injured. "Great game tonight, awful drab football but wow, they all looked fine at the end"

Good God man.

Certain players with a history record like Ben Arfa's don't need to play in games like this? Half the people on here were furious when he got injured in an away leg of the Europa Cup and sure enough Pardew took all the blame for it on here for selecting him, now he should be starting against Morecambe!

Good God man.

There is no winning with some, like. The club will always be doing something wrong. This doesn't apply when things are going well, I should add. Although, I'm not sure if that applies to Wullie, like.

How utterly tedious. I was extremely happy when Chris Hughton was here and we were pumping rival teams by five and six goals. Just because you're happy with your main man churning out months without a goal doesn't mean that's right.

Surely as long as you get through with minimal amount of squad damage, it's a good night. The aim is just to be in the next round, that's all that will do regardless of who is selected.

The games don't exist in isolation though. The players need some goals and confidence. They won't get any of that from sitting at home whilst the reserves squeeze through.

Quite possibly, but your also running the risk of injuring a Ben Arfa for Saturday or longer. Liverpool lost Toure/Allen/Cissokho though injury, easily done. Could have been a Sturridge or Gerrard. I’d prefer we went through with the kids out but obviously that carries a bigger risk of going out, a mixture of both would suffice for me. I don’t fancy seeing HBA playing that’s for sure though.

When Ben Arfa's walking down the street, he could trip and break his leg, or someone could crash into his car. We can't make him a Bubble Boy ( "Moops!" )

I just don't subscribe to the theory that we must wrap players in cotton wool as much as possible. We treat footballers as if playing football is the absolute worst thing they can do for their health and I'm bloody sick of it.

A risk ffs. I watch football to be entertained by my team playing good stuff and scoring goals, not to watch some blokes not getting injured. "Great game tonight, awful drab football but wow, they all looked fine at the end"

Good God man.

Certain players with a history record like Ben Arfa's don't need to play in games like this? Half the people on here were furious when he got injured in an away leg of the Europa Cup and sure enough Pardew took all the blame for it on here for selecting him, now he should be starting against Morecambe!

Good God man.

There is no winning with some, like. The club will always be doing something wrong. This doesn't apply when things are going well, I should add. Although, I'm not sure if that applies to Wullie, like.

This is basically why the football forum is a big shroud of tedious dullness at the moment. There's a problem with everything and it's the same few names that keep popping up to cry about every last little quote or decision, or lambaste those who dare to try and see any form of positive.

Guest bimpy474

http://i.imgur.com/czAz5PB.png

I'm sure Brett goes to the footy like this while chanting Pards :lol:

:spit:

Not far off, just mines black and white!

'Go Pardew...Go Pardew... Go Go...Go Pardew...'

Bet you look gorgeous :lol:

Depends on the quality of the pitch for hatem IMO. If its league 2 standard and resembles a mine field i suggest keeping him for the weekend. God knows he could do with the run out though.

Guest bimpy474

Depends on the quality of the pitch for hatem IMO. If its league 2 standard and resembles a mine field i suggest keeping him for the weekend. God knows he could do with the run out though.

Should be ok two games in like, and most pitches are generally ok nowadays. It's a good point though.

Guest icemanblue

Good God man.

Good God man.

This is basically why the football forum is a big shroud of tedious dullness at the moment. There's a problem with everything and it's the same few names that keep popping up to cry about every last little quote or decision, or lambaste those who dare to try and see any form of positive.

Indeed. People are just desperate to be angry at something, as if it's some kind of badge of honour. It's become so bad, that people are actually getting pre-emptively angry ('Excuses' thread), ahead of any comment being made. :lol:

Don't subscribe to that kind of mentality? Well, Pardew's your 'main man', and you want us relegated.

We're not talking about 17-18 year olds thrown in at the deep end in an injury crisis, we're talking about footballers on big contracts, under 21 internationals, players who've played in Europe, in the Premier League. They should be remembering how shit they were at Brighton etc, and using that experience to make sure they don't feel like that after tonight.

Pardew deserves most of the shit he's been getting, but I think he's bang on there tbh.

Too simplistic. Every quote has a hidden agenda, surely you know this by now.

Praise poor performances and he's a fraudulent cunt full of excuses. Criticise poor performances and he's an evil cunt draining the confidence out of our brave young players like a big managerial dementor.

I fully understand why people jump on every single quote made by the manager when we're playing shit, it's just tedious as owt.

Aye, sadly there is no balanced debate and criticism of Pardew any more.

Like you say when he speaks he's a cunt, if he stays quiet he's a cunt. He picks a full strength team he's a cunt, he picks squad players he's a cunt.

There's a lynch mob mentality on here and every word he says will be used or twisted against him.

Don't really mind the genuine NUFC fans who are out for him but it's obvious that there are some outside stirrers enjoying the ride as well.

Good God man.

I'm with this, play our strongest team injury risking or not, there's nothing to say Ben Arfa or whoever wont get inured after two minutes against Fulham. Lets play well and win a by few goals. Take that confidence into the Fulham game. Something we haven't done for..........god knows.

Good God man!?!  You been at the juice already? ;D

Guest bimpy474

Good God man.

I'm with this, play our strongest team injury risking or not, there's nothing to say Ben Arfa or whoever wont get inured after two minutes against Fulham. Lets play well and win a by few goals. Take that confidence into the Fulham game. Something we haven't done for..........god knows.

Good God man!?!  You been at the juice already? ;D

:lol: i think i might have, believing we might win by a few goals.

Guest icemanblue

First pint in town ahead of the bus trip with the Red Stripe, gluten for punishment!

Come on the lads

Are you intolerant, like?

Only on here could anyone be accused as being negative for maintaining a position of "I want us to win comfortably and score lots of goals as I think the players we have are very capable of it" :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't see the point in turning up.

If we lose it's embarrassing if we win we get an away tie to Manchester United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Ajax 1995/Brazil 1970/ Both PES all star teams.

Good God man.

Good God man.

Indeed. People are just desperate to be angry at something, as if it's some kind of badge of honour. It's become so bad, that people are actually getting pre-emptively angry ('Excuses' thread), ahead of any comment being made. :lol:

Don't subscribe to that kind of mentality? Well, Pardew's your 'main man', and you want us relegated.

Personally I've been angry at Pardew for absolutely ages, I'll wear that badge with pride. I'll stop being angry with him when he begins to do his job with anything approaching competency.