Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest reefatoon

He mentions there are no big heads at his club . . . . . After talking himself up a storm, the big headed bastard.

Found it hard to disagree with what he's said there.

Yep. Can't blame the bald headed cunt for being confident and outspoken. I'd like to think we'll put him in his place but that would really depend on us treating them with the lack of respect they've shown us there.

Honestly, I don't know why more managers aren't like that in this sort of position.

They've got a big club coming to their place, televised game, and said big club are in relatively poor shape. No reason he shouldn't be saying this sort of stuff, even if underneath he knows there's a decent chance you could stick a few past them. From his perspective, if you can't enjoy these games and look towards them with optimism then there's no point being in football.

Honestly, I don't know why more managers aren't like that in this sort of position.

They've got a big club coming to their place, televised game, and said big club are in relatively poor shape. No reason he shouldn't be saying this sort of stuff, even if underneath he knows there's a decent chance you could stick a few past them. From his perspective, if you can't enjoy these games and look towards them with optimism then there's no point being in football.

Exactly, it's what cup football is about, it isn't about a tame Manu vs Chelsea final , it's about a small club without two pennies to rub together having their day and taking out the biggest club they can.

Shame we usually provide the headlines, but it's great when it's someone else. We all love it.

This guy is getting his boys wound up and G'd up for the game. Can't blame him.

We have a manager who transfers his panic stricken, negative, weak mindset onto the team.

What could possibly go wrong ...

Guest icemanblue

Decided just to totally ignore this and go to the cinema. Enjoy the glorious victory :thup:

What is this attitude, man? Properly bizarre. :lol:

Disagree with his views on a DOF. It works fine all over Europe, as long as the DOF in question isn't drunk, lying idiot, I don't see the problem with it.

Disagree with his views on a DOF. It works fine all over Europe, as long as the DOF in question isn't drunk, lying idiot, I don't see the problem with it.

Still think managers have a great input on who to buy though. Think it's all relative when talking about a DoF. There is probably no well run club in the whole world where the DoF has sole responsibility for bringing in players without a managers opinion.

Guest icemanblue

Decided just to totally ignore this and go to the cinema. Enjoy the glorious victory :thup:

Attitude? It's just a standard 'I'm not watching so we'll win' post.

Oh. :lol:

As you were.

Quite looking forward to this game myself, it's always nice to see some of the younger fringe players getting a run out. I expect Morecambe will be in our faces but we should be able to pick them apart on the break if we use our possession well.

Quite looking forward to this game myself, it's always nice to see some of the younger fringe players getting a run out. I expect Morecambe will be in our faces but we should be able to pick them apart on the break if we use our possession well.

Not according to Pardle.

Not according to Pardle.

Pardew said if it's a physical battle we will lose and that we would need to make our quality and technical ability count. I don't disagree with that, but I'd be asking questions if we weren't able to do that. It's not just down to the players, it's how well we are set up by Pardew to do it.

:hom:

I'm seeing Ken Dodd :lol:

It won't be as funny as Newcastle's 'performance' tonight