Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I really really hope Morecambe tear Pardew a new one. I hope he puts out a good team, and I hope its outplayed. I can't wish for that in the league, its far too important and it generally happens anyway.  :lol:

That's absurd IMO, you won't find me wishing away silverware and shitter teams than us have won cups in the last 20 years. We need to go all out to win one of these things until we actually win one.

I am a bit fond of Morecambe, I saw them thrash York away with Morecambe mate, still I'd prefer us to beat them comfortably and some of the younger players get a chance later in our league XI to replace players who aren't that bothered anymore

If we don't beat Morecambe on Wednesday then Pardew can't possibly have a seat on the bus on the way home.

Even without tactics, a group of players of that quality should be able to muster something together, if we lose they should all walk back.

I really really hope Morecambe tear Pardew a new one. I hope he puts out a good team, and I hope its outplayed. I can't wish for that in the league, its far too important and it generally happens anyway.  :lol:

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2009/05/philsized-gtfo.gif

That's absurd IMO, you won't find me wishing away silverware and shitter teams than us have won cups in the last 20 years. We need to go all out to win one of these things until we actually win one.

Please don't kid yourself that for us this is a winnable competition. That's more absurd than anything I've said.  :lol:

We aren't a good team, we aren't a lucky team, we aren't a team in form. You need to be at least one of them, we are the exact opposite of all 3. This is just more games to detract from our only goal this season, not to go down. Injuries, suspensions, tiredness, and another dozen excuses Pardew will use if we get an extended run. I CBa with seeing us going two rounds in then out to Brighton. Its best for us it ends now and all we've got till January is the league because I doubt we can even cope with that.

Whatever heaps pressure on Pardew is a bonus.

Fucking hell :lol:

I hope I never get that depressed about our plight. I know we're shit and it's not going to get any better but to be at the stage where "what's the point in even playing this cup" is horrific. It's the type of thing we lambast Pardew for saying :lol:

Fucking hell :lol:

I hope I never get that depressed about our plight. I know we're shit and it's not going to get any better but to be at the stage where "what's the point in even playing this cup" is horrific. It's the type of thing we lambast Pardew for saying :lol:

That is the reality of the club under Ashley and especially Pardew. I've accepted it, it's a club going nowhere designed to just to stay in the league and from what I've seen so far, that looks like a tough ask. Carling fucking cup can go whistle tbh. Until we can sorted ourselves out as a premiership outfit cups are the last thing on my mind.

Please don't kid yourself that for us this is a winnable competition. That's more absurd than anything I've said.  :lol:

We aren't a good team, we aren't a lucky team, we aren't a team in form. You need to be at least one of them, we are the exact opposite of all 3. This is just more games to detract from our only goal this season, not to go down. Injuries, suspensions, tiredness, and another dozen excuses Pardew will use if we get an extended run. I CBa with seeing us going two rounds in then out to Brighton. Its best for us it ends now and all we've got till January is the league because I doubt we can even cope with that.

Nah no chance I'm having that, sorry mate.

Every season NUFC fans and/or staff write off the cups and every season the reasons for doing so become more novel.

We could win the competition, it's not beyond the realms of possibility at all.  A good few times a decade a much shitter team/club than us wins a cup, yet we don't even try and still bemoan the lack of trophies since 1969.  If we went all out for it then we'd potentially be a few lucky draws/bounces from a final.

The club comes before Pardew hatred, particularly when it comes to getting that trophy monkey off our backs.

At the end of the day Pardew, in the eyes of many, fluked his way through a 38 game season to 5th place. It's not impossible for us to fluke our way through 4 or 5 games, especially if it's shit opposition.

:thup: Absolutely.  At the very least we should all be backing the side and hoping to God they win each tie.

Every season NUFC fans and/or staff write off the cups and each season the reasons for doing so become more novel.

We could win the competition, it's not beyond the realms of possibility at all.  A good few times a decade a much shitter team than us wins a cup, yet we don't even try and still bemoan the lack of trophies since 1969.  If we went all out for it then we'd potentially be a few lucky draws/bounces from a final.

The club comes before Pardew hatred, particularly when it comes to getting that trophy monkey off our backs.

But it won't happen under him. His attitude to football nevermind cups, especially the time he's spent here means a half arsed effort is all we will get and that isn't going to win jack shit and as soon as we come up against a team which has heart or desire or a club with better players, were out.

The likes of Everton, Liverpool, Swansea, Southampton, Tottenham, arsenal, west ham are all better equipped to go on a cup run, while having more desire in management to go for it than we do. Then there's the likes of the CL teams whose b teams would be too much for us as well. We regularly can't get past fucking Brighton ffs.

Fuck wanting us to lose.  I want Pardew out as much as the next man but that's just plain stupid.  I want us to win every game we play, I want our manager to be a success.  I want us to win a trophy.  I'll never want us to lose a game though no matter how bad things get.  Stop being a pillock.

Every season NUFC fans and/or staff write off the cups and each season the reasons for doing so become more novel.

We could win the competition, it's not beyond the realms of possibility at all.  A good few times a decade a much shitter team than us wins a cup, yet we don't even try and still bemoan the lack of trophies since 1969.  If we went all out for it then we'd potentially be a few lucky draws/bounces from a final.

But it won't happen under him. His attitude to football nevermind cups, especially the time he's spent here means a half arsed effort is all we will get and that isn't going to win jack shit and as soon as we come up against a team which has heart or desire or a club with better players, were out.

The likes of Everton, Liverpool, Swansea, Southampton, Tottenham, arsenal, west ham are all better equipped to go on a cup run, while having more desire in management to go for it than we do. Then there's the likes of the CL teams whose b teams would be too much for us as well. We regularly can't get past fucking Brighton ffs.

I don't have much faith in the plank in charge either.  Wishing for a defeat in a cup competition is a step too far though.  We just need to eke our way through 2 or 3 cup ties and who knows, Pardew might actually do a 180 and start blaming our cup run for our patchy league form?  I don't care tbh, as long as we're safe (that's a big "if" I appreciate), I think we're a club that needs to attack the cups.  It fucks me off every single year how meek our surrender is in these competitions, staff and fans.

Plus I don't think a defeat at Morecombe would even put Pardew under much more pressure anyway.

Fuck wanting us to lose.  I want Pardew out as much as the next man but that's just plain stupid.  I want us to win every game we play, I want our manager to be a success.  I want us to win a trophy.  I'll never want us to lose a game though no matter how bad things get.  Stop being a pillock.

Enough with the cheap insults, you don't agree fair enough, I expect most won't and that's fine. I just feel I'm looking at the bigger picture here, and this season is going to be as bad as any you've seen as a Newcastle fan.

If we stay up it'll be far too close for my liking unless pardew goes early then we've got a good shot at it and possibly more. Depending on the replacement of course.

Enough with the cheap insults, you don't agree fair enough, I expect most won't and that's fine. I just feel I'm looking at the bigger picture here, and this season is going to be as bad as any you've seen as a Newcastle fan.

If we stay up it'll be far too close for my liking unless pardew goes early then we've got a good shot at it and possibly more. Depending on the replacement of course.

Yeah, you're right and everyone else is wrong.  Must get lonely standing over there in the 'right' box all by yourself.  Wanting us to lose ffs, haddaway and shite.

Last minute jammy equaliser to take it back to SJP. Then lose on Penalties in the replay.

Should be playing some of the young-uns in this one but Pardew has no choice but to play pretty much a first 11. All hell will break loose if we lose, and he should be wary of that.