John Beresford

nufcjb

One of my all time favourite NUFC players. He's opening up the new Wall's End pub on Saturday so I might  pop along to see him.

didn't know that..should be good seeing him around the place still..

The thing I like most about him is, even now, he refers to us as WE..similar to Shay Given in the early days when he left us, kept calling us as we but Bez still does this and really love him for that..probably the only tolerable media pundit out there for me too

One of my all time favourite NUFC players. He's opening up the new Wall's End pub on Saturday so I might  pop along to see him.

didn't know that..should be good seeing him around the place still..

The thing I like most about him is, even now, he refers to us as WE..similar to Shay Given in the early days when he left us, kept calling us as we but Bez still does this and really love him for that..probably the only tolerable media pundit out there for me too

I'm sure Given was on one of our cup games last season and was referring to us as we :aww:

I never really liked him as a player, many goals were scored down his side, but he seems a very decent fella.

Spot on - seems like a great bloke, but he wasn't really that good.

A bit harsh. TBF he had Ginola playing in front of him for a decent amount of time and his contribution to defending for the most part, was to watch the RB run past him and help the winger out.

He was a pretty solid left back.

I remember Bez taking a corner in an Anglo-Italian cup match (forget when exactly - think it was the promotion season). He was taking it at the Gallowgate/East corner and slipped when he was taking it putting the 'corner' out before the 18 yard box.

He picked himself up did the donkey ears, laughed with everyone else and scooted back to LB. Top bloke. Can't imagine many players reacting like that now.

I never really liked him as a player, many goals were scored down his side, but he seems a very decent fella.

Spot on - seems like a great bloke, but he wasn't really that good.

A bit harsh. TBF he had Ginola playing in front of him for a decent amount of time and his contribution to defending for the most part, was to watch the RB run past him and help the winger out.

He was a pretty solid left back.

I remember Bez taking a corner in an Anglo-Italian cup match (forget when exactly - think it was the promotion season). He was taking it at the Gallowgate/East corner and slipped when he was taking it putting the 'corner' out before the 18 yard box.

He picked himself up did the donkey ears, laughed with everyone else and scooted back to LB. Top bloke. Can't imagine many players reacting like that now.

Don't get me wrong - he was a decent player, but he wasn't much better than decent.  In my opinion, he was one of the 'weak' links in the Keegan team.

A weak link?! Keegan brought him in, FFS and he ways also called up to the England squad during his time with us!

Why do some younger fans seem so intent on bashing players from the past, many of whom are a class above what we have today? Utterly feckin bizarre. :thdn:

Guest palnese

A weak link?! Keegan brought him in, FFS and he ways also called up to the England squad during his time with us!

Why do some younger fans seem so intent on bashing players from the past, many of whom are a class above what we have today? Utterly feckin bizarre. :thdn:

Doesn't really mean anything though.

Whilst being content with abject mediocrity.  I can only put it down to jealousy. For my take on Bez, there weren't many better English left full backs around.  I always thought only Pearce was better despite Le Saux being called up ahead of Bez. He was definitely better than that cock.

well, I would take it back saying he was a weak link..looking back at our team from the Keegan days, there wasn't much wrong in any area of the team..

We bought Barton for a British record for a defender, Ferdinand who was coming to his peak, Ginola was nothing ever seen in the Premiership yet, Shearer came n later..Bez was always there doing his job and because our team was so intent on going forward, it often left the defenders vulnerable..

The best defensive line-up we could put out were Barton, Albert, Peacock and Bez..Batty would be in front of them and the keeper would either be Pavel or Shaka but I preferred Pavel.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00421/JOHN_BERESFORD_AND__421118a.jpg

Guest reefatoon

I'm not intent on bashing anyone, I just didn't think Bez was that good. Great days as a team obviously, but he wasn't anything special.

You my friend get more and more bizarre by the day.  Pro Pardew and anti Beresford . . . . You are a loony tune.

I'm not intent on bashing anyone, I just didn't think Bez was that good. Great days as a team obviously, but he wasn't anything special.

You my friend get more and more bizarre by the day.  Pro Pardew and anti Beresford . . . . You are a loony tune.

Are you serious? You can't be.