NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't think the buy British thing is going to work out  :lol:

It's a huge catch 22. They bought cheap foreigners, some worked out, many didn't. Poor performances and lack of fight was put down to lack of English players, so we agree to go 'English' with transfers. We then realise that even unproven Championship talent costs double/triple the foreigners did, so we don't want to fork out that much for them.

They are going round in circles. Looking for cheap, young, English and quality... then were shocked that the reality is the highest priced assets in the transfer market is exactly what we are trying to buy on the cheap.

Fucking mugs man.

:lol:

If our preferred media partners are saying a certain amount will be spent, well yeah...it's not that.

Either were biggin up the number so fans get excited and buy season tickets or were playing it down so clubs won't ask for inflated fees. Whichever way it is it's almost certainly a lie.

️Amy Christophers ‏@EDS_Amy  4h4 hours ago

Bas Dost transfer to Newcastle United moving extremely close with clubs finalising personal terms #nufc

We have another thread for shit like that.

f***ing hell sorry lads missed the Twitter thread.

String me up to SJP and give me 1000 lashes for my misdeeds.

Forced to watch 1000 matches would be worse.

If Carver hadn't been sacked then you would be sentenced to 1000 licks

Wouldn't be surprised if Simpson is already here, just not announced yet.  I think him leaving Derby just after McClaren says a lot and we never seem in much of a hurry to announce anything.

Some bloke of twitter says Dost will be done deal by tomorrow. Others might know how reputable he is?

But that's now him and the twitter bint that says it happening tomorrow.

Steve McClaren appointed as head coach and Bas Dost our first signing. Yeah, we'll definitely be heading places... :spit:

You're going to get quoted so often if he ends up scoring a hat full :lol: