NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wijnaldum and Toney feels like interesting acquisitions. Rolan feels like a new Gouffran.

Toney might be true as I am sure Carr has watched him loads of times due to living in Northampton.

FWIW, I remember Wijnaldum in the World Cup and I thought he was excellent. If I recall right, he played an anchor role in central midfield, and would be great for us in that position.

Great signing if it comes off.

Would be amazing like. And very surprising.

Where does Wijnaldum play? Not sure I've ever seen him play although the name seems massively familiar.

http://i.imgur.com/2fMqSrX.png

We dont need any more fucking midfielders/attacking midfielders. CB's should be priority. 3 of 'em

Our midfielders are shit though, although I get where you're coming from.

Buying players based on what we need hasn't been a concern for an age though, I assume this guy might be flipped for profit although transfermarkt says he's contracted 'til 2018 and PSV paid €6.5m for him and are notorious profit merchants themselves.

I don't accept that our midfielders are shit though, not when all they've been coached by is Carver and Stone.  They'll all get a clean slate from me.

Marveaux can pass a ball, Anita could before he joined this fucking mess of a club.  Every side in the league looked better than us in the second half of the season.  Is that because they all have better players?  Or because they at least have professional coaches?

We do need better players, I just won't right off the players we have until I see them trained by professionals.

Bringing up Anita is like bringing up Leon Britton, he's a good passer but doesn't have the range or the vision to turn midfield control into actual opportunities.

Marveaux does and he's the only one who under contract who can, but as if he's staying. :lol:

We've got Sissoko, Anita, Marveaux, De Jong, Cabella, Tiote and Abeid.  Plenty of coaches have produced decent Football teams with less talented central midfielders.

I'm not saying we have a great midfield and don't need to buy.  I'm just saying that I don't believe our midfield is shit based on watching them under Pardew and Carver.  I've seen so many teams with bang average players out play us.  For instance Swansea, and I don't think that's because Leon Britton was a class player, he just looked good at the time because he was part of a team who were coached well.

We've got Sissoko, Anita, Marveaux, De Jong, Cabella, Tiote and Abeid.  Plenty of coaches have produced decent Football teams with less talented central midfielders.

I'm not saying we have a great midfield and don't need to buy.  I'm just saying that I don't believe our midfield is s*** based on watching them under Pardew and Carver.  I've seen so many teams with bang average players out play us.  For instance Swansea, and I don't think that's because Leon Britton was a class player, he just looked good at the time because he was part of a team who were coached well.

Totally agree. Some of the players that look somewhat impressive on all these very average teams would have been dreadful in our team last season. I expect significant improvement from many of our players, Anita and Cabella especially.

Guest chopey

Any half decent coach would get a tune out of our midfield, it's the defence that concerns me. I would feel a lot more comfortable for next season if we start getting linked with commanding center backs

Crucially, we don't have a good anchor man in midfield. Tiote can't pass, gives the ball away too much and slows everything down. Anita isn't strong enough defensively. Colback and Sissoko are better going forward. Abeid is a possibility but he still looks raw and I wouldn't want to rely on him.

I'd back Wijnaldum to solve that problem. That would make a big difference to us.

Crucially, we don't have a good anchor man in midfield. Tiote can't pass, gives the ball away too much and slows everything down. Anita isn't strong enough defensively. Colback and Sissoko are better going forward. Abeid is a possibility but he still looks raw and I wouldn't want to rely on him.

I'd back Wijnaldum to solve that problem. That would make a big difference to us.

Wijnaldum is an attacking midfielder, not a anchor man.

...... and PSV generally sell for big fees, and he is a 'big' player for them with quite a bit of mileage to run on his contract, and we're probably considered timewasters in the market and our derisory bids a waste of clubs' fax machine paper.

And he doesn't need us as a stepping stone. Way out of our league.

Wijnaldum is an attacking midfielder, not a anchor man.

I can only go by what I saw of him in the World Cup, and my memory is of an anchor man. I assume he's versatile though. Maybe box-to-box along the lines of Gary Speed is a better description.

The Mirror is saying that the Mackems have bid £2.5m for Junior Hoilett.

He's well worth a punt. He's a talented player who has lost his way, but his career could yet revive in the right environment.

The Mirror is saying that the Mackems have bid £2.5m for Junior Hoilett.

He's well worth a punt. He's a talented player who has lost his way, but his career could yet revive in the right environment.

He's worth nothing, he's shite. Looked vaguely promising about 3 years ago and has done absolutely nothing since. Would rather play Sammy.