NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Point taken, apologies chaps.  I will try and refrain from my tendency towards not being  100% serious, or apply the Rainman/autistic spectrum literal correction to any future attempts at humour.

My Dowie was not for you, rather the lack people understanding what you meant.

Haven't we been linked with him before? Werder are gash like so he'd be used to low quality football.

2018 contract though so wouldn't come reduced.

Aye, in the summer. Werder seem to have financial problems.

Love that disco always checks the contract of players we're linked with [emoji38]

It's usually a fair indicator of whether it has an ounce of truth to it. Total habit now too.

How long did Mbemba, Mitrovic and Wijnaldum have? I suppose the first two's contract situations were rendered irrelevant by one of our other prime transfer target criteria though; plays for club that's in need of quick money.

CF, CB, CDM:Austin, Shawcross, Shelvey. Those positions, in that order, with that player/type. I know Mitro and Ayoze are popular and talented. No argument. Take away Gini's six goals, and we have scored six goals in 11 games. We need to score ugly, maybe I am wrong/ being too reactive, but there were strong voices for a proven goalscorer and an additional imposing CB in preseason. On reflection, I think we are feeling and seeing the absence of these roles.

Nothing that has come out of the club in recent weeks gives any cause for optimism that they have learnt their lessons - sticking to the blueprint, sell to buy, young players with a sell-on value, Premier League players are too expensive etc.

Again they are thinking short-term in relation to finances - trying to keep the balance sheet looking good now but not thinking about the long-term consequences of that and the millions they will lose as a result.

Would be a ridiculous decision which would definitely bite us in the arse.

Nor a mention about a keeper. If the club really is only going to bring in a signings if they can ship out a couple then the bell is tolling for me. The potential millions lost (as is been stated in the post above) if they go down shows just how naive and stupid they are. I just don't have any faith in the club anymore to make sensible decisions.