NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing that has come out of the club in recent weeks gives any cause for optimism that they have learnt their lessons - sticking to the blueprint, sell to buy, young players with a sell-on value, Premier League players are too expensive etc.

Again they are thinking short-term in relation to finances - trying to keep the balance sheet looking good now but not thinking about the long-term consequences of that and the millions they will lose as a result.

:lol:

You can almost see it. Sell a couple from  Perez, Sissoko, de Jong, Cisse and sign more number 10s :lol:

No attempt at building a coherent squad at all...  :frantic:

We didn't sign enough players before this season, and despite being shit we will not even do it now in january, at least not near enough. And even IF we tried it'll be harder to attract quality now.

Pathetic mess of unambitious shit cunts running this club. I fucking wish i could stay away and cut my connection with this should be fantastic football club.

Best time ever was last season when i was abroad and didn't have the will/time to follow this club at all, and i felt like a new human being. Thank fuck i'm leaving in late dec again.

January will be interesting. For me the priority isn't sticking to the "blue print" the club speaks of - it's not working at all. We need to make three first team signings and get the perfect people needed for the roles. Our current situation seems to be a team without a strong, confident leader at centre back and centre midfield. We are a squad full of players that would be good around a strong spine, but no candidates to be that strong spine. Up front we have Mitrovic and Perez who I love, but we need a proven goal scorer who isn't Cisse as an option to challenge them both to play.

For me I'd make every effort to go out and get Ryan Shawcross, Jonjo Shevley and Charlie Austin. Straight away we would have something solid to rely on and we can start to see less of Colo, Tiote and Colback. If Mitrovic or Perez are injured or not delivering, get Austin on to find the back of the net.

Ignoring the players I've mentioned as I'm sure there's plenty of debate on who could fill those roles, the concept of signing a new first team spine is the paramount thing we need. It won't happen at all, too many expensive shit assests that we won't be able to shift will be on our books.

With Wijnaldum out on the left (starting position) we're pretty much a one legged man on the left hand side as our LB's are awful all of them. Except maybe Mbabu but it's early days, and we need a natural LB with end product.

If Gini's going to play there then we need a quality LB, even more so than usual.

With Wijnaldum out on the left (starting position) we're pretty much a one legged man on the left hand side as our LB's are awful all of them. Except maybe Mbabu but it's early days, and we need a natural LB with end product.

If Gini's going to play there then we need a quality LB, even more so than usual.

I agree, in principle we need one competent player in each position and a decent backup. However I think we can afford to ignore covering wings and full back for the rest of the season, we can't allow Colo, Colback, Tiote or Cisse to get any game time. They are all sending us down when they play.

I agree, the spine is more important. At the same time if we're going to play without width we're going to struggle when it comes to stretching the opposition out of their positions which will result in us finding it hard creating clear cut chances as the box will be too crowded.

If we had ambition we'd correct all the weak spots, at least in our starting eleven to begin with.

And Shawcross. Just pay whatever it takes. Club record fee, anything.

Imagine how many more points we'd have on the board with someone like that captaining the side and marshalling the defence. Chalk and cheese.

And Shawcross. Just pay whatever it takes. Club record fee, anything.

Imagine how many more points we'd have on the board with someone like that captaining the side and marshalling the defence. Chalk and cheese.

Aye, he would be absolutely perfect together with Mbemba. Mbemba was good yesterday, strong in the air as well imo.

Why would he move? He's credited Hughes for improving his game, plays for a club as equally as ambitious or good as we ever have been in recent times and is from nearby. That's before the fee (no sell on potential) and wages.

Surely the last thing we need is some kid striker from the French Second division.

Why? Do you think he would stop us making other deals?

I wouldn't be surprised plus it'd be a key indicator that the buy em sell em strategy isn't for changing and that heads are very much in the ground when it comes to what is needed.

We have Ayoze, Mitrovic, Armstrong and Toney. All young, do we need another young striker?