NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest concern with Townsend is that we badly need a couple of proper wide players that like to get crosses in, and Townsend is very much not that and will cut in and shoot at every opportunity. EDIT - which is shocking if the stat above is correct (3 goals) :lol:

I'd still take, mind. Fresh start could be good for him.

Biggest concern with Townsend is that we badly need a couple of proper wide players that like to get crosses in, and Townsend is very much not that and will cut in and shoot at every opportunity. EDIT - which is shocking if the stat above is correct (3 goals) :lol:

I wouldn't. I'm fed up of us having wingers who can't cross for shit. Sissoko is the best we've had in years as far as putting the final ball in, yet he gets plenty of criticism. We'd pretty quickly get fed up of Townsend if he couldn't get the deliveries in from wide consistently.

I wouldn't. I'm fed up of us having wingers who can't cross for shit. Sissoko is the best we've had in years as far as putting the final ball in, yet he gets plenty of criticism. We'd pretty quickly get fed up of Townsend if he couldn't get the deliveries in from wide consistently.

Right now we're desperate so I'd take him if it's him or nothing, if only to offer us some options and give the nailed on starters some competition.

I would like us to keep Sissoko and am a believer that we get the most out of him when he is on the right.  This means, however, that we need someone who offers us true width down the left and can deliver a good ball if we're wanting to play to the strengths of Mitrovic. 

If Andros Townsend can offer us that then I'd be all for it, however from what I have seen of him he doesn't and is an extremely frustrating, selfish player.  I do think Townsend will bring pace, however, which we are desperately in need of.  I definitely wouldn't be devastated if he joined, but think we could probably do better if we really tried.

Was watching the Spurs U21 game last night and he was knocking in countless dangerous balls. Obviously it's an U21 game but that shouldn't affect his delievery. He definitely has the ability to cross the ball, it just seems like he can be very selfish.

Would rather it was a 6month loan with an option to buy and not sell Sissoko.

I get the feeling Townsend just prefers to follow his left foot wherever that takes him, inevitably on the right it's inside, on the left it's down the line. I've seen him play much more in the 'traditional' winger mould of hitting the line and crossing so he definitely can play on the left.

Was watching the Spurs U21 game last night and he was knocking in countless dangerous balls. Obviously it's an U21 game but that shouldn't affect his delievery. He definitely has the ability to cross the ball, it just seems like he can be very selfish.

Would rather it was a 6month loan with an option to buy and not sell Sissoko.

Where was he playing, LW?

Probably already been said, but Townsend apparently does not want to move to WestBrom and would prefer a move to us. SSN.

What the fuck for? Has he been living on the moon ? :lol:

Hang on. Looks like there's been an update in the Evening Standard. He now wants to go to Watford. He's like me every time I get a Chinese.

according to the london evening standard townsend wants to go to watford but they had a 10m bid rejected by spurs, quite how levy thinks he can charge loads for a guy who doesn't ever play is a mystery

Because he is trying to raise the readies to buy Berahino.  WBA would have probably been happy to drop their price if they were getting Townsend in part ex, but as he doesnt want to go there, Spurs are having to pay top dollar, hence Spurs asking a ridiculous fee for a "reserve winger". 

Hang on. Looks like there's been an update in the Evening Standard. He now wants to go to Watford. He's like me every time I get a Chinese.

Who gans to Watford for a Chinese, like?

Me and Andros

Me and Andros

Just go on Justeat, they deliver.

Me and Andros

Just go on Justeat, they deliver.

Is there a Greggs in Watford, Stifler?