NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cabella had a few good games for us. Spurs away, Chelsea, Hull, good cameo against Liverpool, played well against Arsenal at home, off the top of my head - I'm sure he played well at West Brom too. Even in one of his poorer games away to Villa he still created a good chance. Should've been given some more time here, just like Thauvin should be given until the Summer.

Don't understand the opposition to Townsend signing on a 6m loan? Decent player and a far better winger than any others we have with the exception of Aarons who is presumably dead. He'd come in and immediately do a good job for us, which is what we need right now.

Agreed.

Really disappointed how little the club has given a chance to Cabella and Thauvin.

They might not be good enough but they haven't even be given a chance yet the same garbage play every week.

I don't really care tbh. Don't think either of them enjoy English football much. Neither of them have shown either the strength or courage to ride a tackle in the way Ben Arfa did.

That's the point, he's never had the chance to prove it either way.

Don't understand the opposition to Townsend signing on a 6m loan? Decent player and a far better winger than any others we have with the exception of Aarons who is presumably dead. He'd come in and immediately do a good job for us, which is what we need right now. Perez is not a winger and Thauvin is just not good enough.

He's s***.

Besides Aarons name a winger in our team who is better than him, and then name an alternative suggestion who would fit under Ashley's budget ?

I don't really know that much about Townsend, but I suppose he won't go down like a sack of spuds at every hint of a tackle. In English football he's probably going to be more effective in the short term. Cabella and Thauvin both have potential, but I really don't think either of them want to play in England.

Don't understand the opposition to Townsend signing on a 6m loan? Decent player and a far better winger than any others we have with the exception of Aarons who is presumably dead. He'd come in and immediately do a good job for us, which is what we need right now. Perez is not a winger and Thauvin is just not good enough.

Pay £6m to borrow a lad who's no better than Thuavin (probably worse), I can definitely understand the opposition to that.

Seriously where has the £6m been mentioned, that's absolutely mental, unless the loan fee is removed from any future fee.  Still we have a player who hasn't even had a chance yet who's could very well be better than Townsend if given that chance, I'd rather just start Thauvin for a few games in a row and give him the full 90 minutes and see what he can do than spend £6m to borrow a bloke who's never done a thing at club level.

Pay £6m to borrow a lad who's no better than Thuavin (probably worse), I can definitely understand the opposition to that.

Seriously where has the £6m been mentioned, that's absolutely mental, unless the loan fee is removed from any future fee.  Still we have a player who hasn't even had a chance yet who's could very well be better than Townsend if given that chance, I'd rather just start Thauvin for a few games in a row and give him the full 90 minutes and see what he can do than spend £6m to borrow a bloke who's never done a thing at club level.

What has Thauvin done to even remotely suggest that he is more effective than an England International!!!!

He's s***.

Besides Aarons name a winger in our team who is better than him, and then name an alternative suggestion who would fit under Ashley's budget ?

Thauvin could easily be better if given a chance.  I'm not sure why we should even assume he's any good, he's been as much a failure in this league over the past few seasons as Thauvin has this season.  One half decent half season for QPR back in 2013 and we're supposed to assume he's automatically going to be better than what we have?, why?

He's s***.

Thauvin could easily be better if given a chance.  I'm not sure why we should even assume he's any good, he's been as much a failure in this league over the past few seasons as Thauvin has this season.  One half decent half season for QPR back in 2013 and we're supposed to assume he's automatically going to be better than what we have?, why?

Much though I would like to have seen Thauvin more, and would like to think he could improve, I can't really blame McClaren for not playing him. When he's started he's generally given the ball away far too easily. Add to that that he clearly doesn't relish the pace of the English game and it's pretty hard to argue he should be persisted with.

Don't understand the opposition to Townsend signing on a 6m loan? Decent player and a far better winger than any others we have with the exception of Aarons who is presumably dead. He'd come in and immediately do a good job for us, which is what we need right now.

Agreed.

[emoji38] Shock.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France  39s39 seconds ago

Breaking | Lyon President Jean Michel Aulas announces that he has received an offer from an English side for Claudio Beauvue.

Blatantly us.

Well Bristol City put in a bid earlier this week for him so I hope not :lol:

Strike rate of less than a goal every 4 games in Ligue 2 and Ligue 1. Nein danke.

What has Thauvin done to even remotely suggest that he is more effective than an England International!!!!

What has Townsend done? ???  Absolutely fuck all in the Premier League bar half a decent season at QPR 3 years ago.  10 appearances for England over the last 3 years (mostly in freindlies off the back of that QPR half season) isn't going to make me assume he must be better than Thauvin.  He's had far more games in the Premier League than Thauvin and done nothing.  5 goals and 3 assists in 62 Premier League games!  If anything Townsend's the one who's proven he's ineffective in this league.

Always felt uncomfortable about Thauvin because I felt he never wanted to be here and was pushed into the move by Marseilles.  And we haven't given him a chance to succeed although I suppose they are now at the stage where they can't afford to take any risks.

Feel that all the players that could potentially get you excited about the team are being eased out in favour of grafters and runners.  With the exception of Gini and Perez sometimes, I can't get too enthusastic about most of the current lot.  Even Stoke seem to have more flair players than us these days.  How I miss the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

He's s***.

Much though I would like to have seen Thauvin more, and would like to think he could improve, I can't really blame McClaren for not playing him. When he's started he's generally given the ball away far too easily. Add to that that he clearly doesn't relish the pace of the English game and it's pretty hard to argue he should be persisted with.

He's actually looked better at times coming off the bench but he hasn't been given enough time their either.  Often only getting 10 minutes or far less.  He's had a total of 4 full games of playing time since he arrived and all of that has been sporadic starts and subs, never getting anything close to consistent game time.  Its just not acceptable IMO to make a judgement based on that, its a total waste of time paying big money for a player if you don't even give him as much as 3 or 4 full matches in a row before deciding he isn't good enough.

my mates a London lad who lives up here and is Spurs through and through. He fucking hates Townsend and can't believe we want to buy him, he thinks he's utter wank lol

He is wank by Spurs standards, but they are challenging for the CL while we are second from bottom.

He's a lot sloppier with the ball than I was expecting, often seems to bounce off him but that could be down to confidence. I know YouTube videos can be misleading but I do still think there's something there, reminded me of Waddle with his languid style and direct running.

Townsend is the better option in the short term to keep us up. Thauvin on performances has been absolutely shocking.

I'm all for bringing in a player who we know is effective in the league in place of Thauvin, because we're in trouble and we need someone we know can do it to get us out of it.  But the thing is Townsend isn't that player, he's a never has been in the Premier League.

I mean Townsend might very well turn up and find his feet here, but given how poor he's been in this league over the years its a big gamble and we aren't looking for gambles.  We already have the option of a gamble by just letting Thauvin have some consecutive game time.  What we need is someone who has shown they're good enough and Townsend hasn't.