NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This opinion piece from Bob Moncur.  :anguish:

It doesn't really fit into any thread so I put it here as Moncur mentions transfers. You'd never guess he was on the club's payroll.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bob-moncur-newcastle-uniteds-success-6932914

Bob Moncur: Newcastle United's success in the French market in the past means it isn't all doom and gloom at St James'

It’s a tough task competing with those in the top six given that billions are being poured into the transfer war chests at places like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Man City and even Liverpool and Everton.

It’s a difficult task as the club are competing with the top six clubs and there are a host of players who want to play in the Premier League but are only interested in the London clubs.

So that’s the top six then teams like West Ham, Tottenham Hotspur and possibly even Crystal Palace if a player is determined to live in London.This isn’t a new problem, it has always been that way.

It takes a lot of convincing to get a player to come here and not into the top five.

How do you get somebody to play here rather than Chelsea?

Like everybody else, it was disappointing to see the 4-0 loss to Manchester United but it was another example of what a hard unforgiving league this really is.

In the end, Newcastle were outclassed by Man United but the opening half was a big improvement.

So that's the reason we've thus far been unable to get a replacement for Shola Ameobi?

Moncur's a club legend but an absolute f***ing toolbag.

I saw Moncur score the goals that were instrumental in winning our last major trophy....his sucking up to the club - no matter WHO is running it, no doubt to keep him getting free admittance and hospitality - has ruined all the respect I had for him.

He's in the same boat as Beardsley and couldn't really care less about the club being successful or what the fans are having to put up with - only Shearer and Rob Lee are prepared to tell it like it is, along with KK.

Loaning Arsenal youngesters :anguish:

Detrimental to the Arsenal youngsters' development. Schooled in pass & move football, urged to express themselves. From that environment, and thrust into Alain Pardoits' Football Ethos for a season . Big sideways step, and a mistake by Wenger.

Guest neesy111

@MsiDouglas: Negotiations have begun with Tenerife over Perez. All eyes on next season for #nufc, who will spend in summer.

:frantic: pls get rid of pardew as well pls

Don't believe it.

@MsiDouglas: Negotiations have begun with Tenerife over Perez. All eyes on next season for #nufc, who will spend in summer.

So it is possible to start negotiations before deadline day. Whooodathunkit

Guest bimpy474

I've got to the point where it doesn't really matter who we sign, the manager is still Alan Pardew. We can sign a great young striker who's full of potential, if the lad works hard Pardew will just put somewhere in the team where defending is the first thing he does.

I've got to the point where it doesn't really matter who we sign, the manager is still Alan Pardew. We can sign a great young strikerwho's full of potential, if the lad works hard Pardew will just put somewhere in the team where defending is the first thing he does.

Me too. Don't give a shit.

Ayoze Perez and Alexandre Lacazette - Journal

Bkz1ZjrCUAA7YQ2.jpg:large

not a clue who they are

Lacazette is very good, probably the best possible replacement for Remy if we can't sign him.

No idea who the Perez kid is though.

I've seen a couple of Lyon games this season and Lacazette was excellent on each occasion. Don't think we have a hope of signing him though, there must be some better teams than us in for him