NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great, a player unsuited to 4-4-2 as a CM, no doubt that'll be Pardew's plan on how to use him. Funny how we seem to buy players suited to 4-3-3 style formations and then Pardew refuses to use it.

He'll play in the hole off the big man if we buy him. 4-4-1-1.

Too flaky to hold the full backs hand in midfield.

Oh god, attractive football is not something that sounds like.

At least he'd have all of the attacking & creative responsibility on his shoulders.

Bound to work well for a young lad in his first season in English football :thup:

This lad is much more lightweight than Cabaye, i just dread what Pardew will do with him, well to him tbh.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it since if Pardew's going to be given more responsibility for signings, he'll knock this one on the head.

Guest bimpy474

Great, a player unsuited to 4-4-2 as a CM, no doubt that'll be Pardew's plan on how to use him. Funny how we seem to buy players suited to 4-3-3 style formations and then Pardew refuses to use it.

At least he'd have all of the attacking & creative responsibility on his shoulders.

Bound to work well for a young lad in his first season in English football :thup:

This lad is much more lightweight than Cabaye, i just dread what Pardew will do with him, well to him tbh.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it since if Pardew's going to be given more responsibility for signings, he'll knock this one on the head.

Aye that's true, will also see the end of Carr imo. What's the point of having a great scout if you're going let a League One manager, manage and choose defensive runners and jumpers. Can see Carr walking away.

Aye that's true, will also see the end of Carr imo. What's the point of having a great scout if you're going let a League One manager, manage and choose defensive runners and jumpers. Can see Carr walking away.

Yeah, and we'll sign some 6ft winger from the championship.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, and we'll sign some 6ft winger from the championship.

There's something wrong when a manager looks at a winger for his defensive workrate before his attacking creativity. Then do that for every outfield position, it's just so depressing.

Guest bimpy474

Wouldn't call Carr a great scout, like. Doesn't take a genius to offer average players better money.

Well he's recommended some good players which we haven't bid enough for or just fucked about, Aubameyang, Grenier, Cabella, MYM (will be good if he gets away from Pardew), Cabaye, and god knows who else we haven't heard about.

Whether he's great or not, what's the point of even employing him if we're not going to buy anyone, and/or let Pardew choose utter shite because they might suit his shite football better. Rather than choose shite, get a good manager in who plays good football and buy the players Carr recommendeds. Pipe dream as it needs a shift from Jabba, which isn't going to happen.

Wouldn't call Carr a great scout, like. Doesn't take a genius to offer average players better money.

Like cabaye you mean?

Everyone on here with a hint of footballing knowledge knew who Yohan Cabaye was when we signed him, man. As if you could attribute that signing to good scouting.

Guest neesy111

A scout imo is someone unearthing talent, I don't think Carr naturally falls into this category.

Doesn't the club employ a group of people who investigate and suggest players based on their contractual vulnerability? Either way I wouldn't call it scouting.

What would you call it then?

http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/super-scout-graham-carr-lifts-lid-on-newcastle-united-s-transfer-process-1-4412399

Not sure, but signing Cabaye based on the fact he was available for £4m isn't the product of good scouting. Everyone could've told you that a highly rated 25-year-old France international available for that price was a must sign.

His job is to find players within a given criteria that Mike Ashley and co have remitted him to do. They are telling him to find contract issue guys for cheap with potential. He's done a bang up job finding names with massive potential and pedigree. However the idiot managing the club has figured out a way to fuck these players up.

Also if he presents 10 names. We sign 1. And that 1 isn't exactly a fit, it's not the scouts fault. Blame the chairman for not knowing football, the manager for not having the power to veto and then also compound he's figured out a way to make good players look lost.

Perhaps we'd all want more cheap no name players who turn into class players - however our manager has proven that he can't harness and develop players with his crap tactics and insistence on pure graft and negative tactics.

Just my 2 cents. I think Carr is good and has done well to get us talented players within a specific criteria given to him - id love to see these guys under a better manager who actually has a football philosophy that suits his players.

Aye we seem to work on basis of signing based on cost rather than needing them for a position. We have 1 decent winger in squad, 1striker that we own, no attacking midfielder, no creative midfielder. Desperate for a left winger, right wing, 2 strikers and a centre midfielder. We will get a left back, centre half and new contract for Shola

You say that, but we could all come up with names like Sissoko, Debuchy, Cabaye, MYM etc. All 4 players had been mentioned on here long before they were signed.

They aren't the only players he has came up with though, only the one's we signed. Even though some people knew those players a scout should not exclude them from recommendation as all 4 are good players. Scout assessed their availability, price etc also. Just need a few more in right positions, better manager, and potentially more British presence, and by that I don't mean Jack Colback

Guest neesy111

Chronicle reporting we need to sell before we can buy and every player that went on loan will be sold. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Making it up as they go along.

Alan Pardew is set to sell every one of his players who were loaned out this season.

Midfielder Conor Newton announced yesterday that he would not be staying with his hometown side.

Pardew sent seven more players out to other clubs over the season.

But James Tavernier (Rotherham), Jonas Gutierrez (Norwich), Mehdi Abeid (Panathinaikos), Shane Ferguson (Birmingham), Romain Amalfitano (Dijon), Haris Vuckic, (Rotherham) and Adam Campbell (St Mirren) have not done enough to catch the eye of their manager.

Only Abeid in Greece can claim to have had a good season.

Many have failed to play regularly, including Ferguson at Birmingham and Campbell in Scotland with St Mirren.

The Sunday Sun understands that it is highly unlikely any will feature next season.

Pardew needs to sell before he can buy and while these eight are hardly going to rake in millions, they will free up the wage bill.

Campbell’s age – he is still only 19 – may save him, but if he is kept on then he will be loaned out.

With Loic Remy and Luuk de Jong set to play their final match for Newcastle today – De Jong may not even feature – and question marks hanging over so many first-team stars, Pardew must be backed in the summer.

Shola Ameobi will also go and with Papiss Cisse potentially missing until September, as things stand, the manager will have no strikers available to him after today’s match at Liverpool.

Pardew has never needed an excuse to talk up Ameobi and hopes the veteran receives a good reception from the away fans this afternoon.

He said: “Shola is somebody that everybody within the group has the highest regard for. He’s been an outstanding player for the football club.

“He never whinges or moans. He’s not always been the first choice, but always tried to do the best job he can.

“I love him dearly and will speak to him and try to sort out his situation. But this is possibly his last game and I hope our fans give him a good send off.”

Newton confirmed on his Twitter account that he won’t be back at St James’ Park.

He said: “Sad to hear I won’tbe at Newcastle United nextseason, but I’m looking forward to a new page of my career and life.

“I would like to thank the club and wish them and my friends I leave behind there all the best in their future endeavours.”

I think Abeid deserves a chance - other than that I think the rest of them aren't good enough. Shame about Campbell - he looked decent at first but if you can't get a game for Carlisle and St Mirren it looks ominous.