NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A passing midfielder and a centre half would be my first purchases. Don't think we'd be too bad then. Obviously left back as well but to a certain extent you can get away with a bad left back

Same feelings, the CM has to be able to cover ground and tackle though. Passing nice after that.

Think the passing is more important. Our two best passers of the ball are probably our two centre halves

Nah, I'm with Ian on this one, I think Colback's not a bad passer as it happens, just he can't run or tackle very well. I would really love to have two box to box midfielders in the centre of midfield. Think James McCarthy sitting behind Wijnaldum. McCarthy cost Everton £15m at the time, a price we weren't prepared to pay, but you could add £10m to that now.

Having someone who can pass and create from deep is far more important than a defensively minded midfielder at this point, just imagine what Cabaye would do with Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Mitrovic and Perez all in front of him. Absolute no way wouldn't have won against Stoke regardless of Butland looking like Neuer.

The team is crying out for someone like that and we would be better defensively as well we could sustain attacks more often thus pushing teams back for longer periods.

Not that i care as i really don't give a shit at this point, but looking at it objectively it's an absolute necessity.

A passing midfielder and a centre half would be my first purchases. Don't think we'd be too bad then. Obviously left back as well but to a certain extent you can get away with a bad left back

Same feelings, the CM has to be able to cover ground and tackle though. Passing nice after that.

Think the passing is more important. Our two best passers of the ball are probably our two centre halves

Nah, I'm with Ian on this one, I think Colback's not a bad passer as it happens, just he can't run or tackle very well. I would really love to have two box to box midfielders in the centre of midfield. Think James McCarthy sitting behind Wijnaldum. McCarthy cost Everton £15m at the time, a price we weren't prepared to pay, but you could add £10m to that now.

He's a good passer as in he keeps the ball but we need somebody with a range of passing to create from deep desperately

Really shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to sign a midfielder who can run, tackle and pass well like [emoji38]

It's actually not that easy at all. Not many of the best passing midfielders are that mobile or strong. I know we obviously won't be signing one of the best passers in the World but it's still hard to find such a player

Having someone who can pass and create from deep is far more important than a defensively minded midfielder at this point, just imagine what Cabaye would do with Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Mitrovic and Perez all in front of him. Absolute no way wouldn't have won against Stoke regardless of Butland looking like Neuer.

The team is crying out for someone like that and we would be better defensively as well we could sustain attacks more often thus pushing teams back for longer periods.

Not that i care as i really don't give a shit at this point, but looking at it objectively it's an absolute necessity.

I just think a central pairing of Wijnaldum and Cabaye would be too powder puff for British football. Both can put their foot in, but it's not their natural game. Then there is a lack of height and just physical presence. Tiote has lost his bite, and without it he's too limited as a footballer, but even then he was winning a fair few balls in the air on Saturday. I just don't think you can have a team in the premier with too many small players down the spine.

I think we'd still fail to break teams down, hence why I'm still banging on about this "fantasy" land team, but it's painfully obvious we create very little, have a weak CM, and a weak back 4 (as a collective).

I think we'd still fail to break teams down, hence why I'm still banging on about this "fantasy" land team, but it's painfully obvious we create very little, have a weak CM, and a weak back 4 (as a collective).

I think a passing midfielder in there would help us massively. Rather than passing it slowly between our centre halves and midfielders we could get the ball up to Mitrovic, Perez, Sissoko and Wijnaldum quicker and giving them more of a chance to do something without being surrounded by the opposition players when they receive it. My fantasy comment about your post wasn't meant as an insult by the way

All this talk of a passing CM has me remembering a ghost figure on the periphery of his NUFC existence: wasn't it Marveaux who threaded that ball through the eye of the needle last time we couldn't break down Stoke (or was it some other team?) for Cisse to score an easy chance placed for him on a platter? Wonder what he's upto?