NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's not go flogging our best players. I hate Sissoko as much as the next guy but we need to build a squad, not dismantle one.

He wouldn't be anywhere near a squad i'd build (or one he'd build ironically) He wants off and has made it crystal he doesn't want to be here whilst only playing when he thinks people will notice. The sooner we get rid the better. You don't build a team around players like that, you use them as bargaining chips and for cash flow.

He can join Debuchy, Carroll, Cabaye, Remy & Ba thinking they are world class talents treating us like a stepping stone....only none of them have ever been as vocal about leaving as our 'best player'

Cabaye just went on a strike to join Arsenal. No biggie.

At tht point Cabaye was done for me, but to his credit hplayed his way in to his dream move.

Sissoko will talk a good story....that's it.

It's not like Sissoko ever says this place is shit and I want to leave. He just says that he would like to play in the Champions League in the future but is respectful enough towards the club

Looked it up and he was referring to PSG not Crystal Palace and it was taken out of context

:lol:

But still, Sissoko :tickedoff:

Rather we didn't flog him off for imagined sins. I'm not a big fan, but he shows flashes. Has been pretty good the past two weeks. (And the Villa game will be televised.)

Let's see if he progresses under McClaren. It's possible. (He'd only regress under Pardew or Carver) If he plays his way into a big move, that's fine.

I have no animus towards ambitious players that want to play for ambitious clubs. Feel absolutely no hatred for Enrique or Carroll or Ba or Debuchy or Cabaye.

For £5m Townsend would be an ok deal. Ive always seen him as pacey and a threat.

Interesting the spurs fans I speak to hate him. Say he's ball greedy and a one trick pony... the cut in and shoot type. They say he is often exaggerated due to the few worldies he's scored for England but that doesn't happen in the league.

I think Spurs beef is more down to the fact he isn't a wide player for a midfield three, he's winger so doesn't fit well at Spurs.

I'd be quite happy with Townsend like, he is similar to Sissoko, only more of a threat in that he constantly looks to beat his man and get balls in early. He's not a great player but he's a goal threat and will cause a full-back a problem or several. I don't care about cost... it means fuck all or should do. Fuck the balance sheet shite! He's not worth more than 5m probably but if we pay double that so fucking what. I watched him come on as a sub against Liverpool a few months back and inside 5 minutes he spun his full-back at least 4 times, putting in dangerous crosses. He is also an outlet with his ball carrying skills and pace. He is a huge upgrade on Obertan and if not better than Sissoko on his day, probably more consistent during 90 minutes in terms of beating his man, crossing etc. and of course getting shots off on goal.

I'd be happy to see Sissoko go there for cash + Townsend. There's probably a few players not getting games there which would walk in to our first team.

It's a tricky one, but yeah I'd do the swap. Sissoko is very effective in certain situations, but his clumsiness on the ball makes it difficult to build attacks with any fluency. I don't entirely trust Townsend, but he's shown that he can produce and it's not as though our current set up is working well. Ideally, you'd keep both options, but if it has to be a choice I'd go for it.

CM and CD are the priorities though.

There's doubts about Sissoko's commitment and consistency but when he is up for it he is a force nature breaking from our half with the ball.

Considering we have, by accident rather than design, evolved into a counter attacking team I would see him as critical to our success this season.

Certainly don't see Townsend as a replacement.

Sell Moussa..... for Townsend... happy?

You lot are off your  rocker.

Total and utter fucking lunacy, and I can barely tolerate Sissoko.

I wouldn't sell Sissoko for fucking Townsend, but I wouldn't be against selling Sissoko if it meant I didn't have to watch him fanny around the first 60 minutes and replace him with someone who can be arsed to play a full game.

Sell Moussa..... for Townsend... happy?

You lot are off your  rocker.

Total and utter fucking lunacy, and I can barely tolerate Sissoko.

I wouldn't sell Sissoko for fucking Townsend, but I wouldn't be against selling Sissoko if it meant I didn't have to watch him fanny around the first 60 minutes and replace him with someone who can be arsed to play a full game.

Don't think we should sell the player who creates the majority of our chances while in a relegation battle like. Maybe at the end of the season

Bit confused by Townsend, dont watch spurs much but when he appeared for England he looked very good? His numbers for spurs seem bizarre in comparison. Hes clearly pacey & has a very strong shot on him, would seem a good combination. We've few good strikers of the ball. Yet he strikes it right footed and plays on the right, surely he could switch to left wing. Would be more suited to his shooting which seems a strength.