NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shelvey would be a superb signing..... very unlike NUFC.

You reckon? I think he'd be a disaster. Too one paced for our team. Suites Swansea's pass and move. He'd be forced to go sideways and backwards with this squad.

You reckon? I think he'd be a disaster. Too one paced for our team. Suites Swansea's pass and move. He'd be forced to go sideways and backwards with this squad.

I think he'd make enough of a difference. He's got the potential to take a game by the scruff of the neck, and some real nous. You don't need amazing to stay up, you just need to improve on the glaring weaknesses in the middle (defence and midfield).

I think the three players suggested would be enough to keep you up, as long as Douglas hits the ground running. Townsend is brainless, but capable of being very dangerous against lesser sides. I rather rate Shelvey. I still think that it's Villa and Sunderland down, then a big scrap to avoid that third relegation place, and you just need to get on a little roll (another couple of wins in a row, say). I think you're capable of doing that with three new first-teamers.

I think he'd make enough of a difference. He's got the potential to take a game by the scruff of the neck, and some real nous. You don't need amazing to stay up, you just need to improve on the glaring weaknesses in the middle (defence and midfield).

I think the three players suggested would be enough to keep you up, as long as Douglas hits the ground running. Townsend is brainless, but capable of being very dangerous against lesser sides. I rather rate Shelvey. I still think that it's Villa and Sunderland down, then a big scrap to avoid that third relegation place, and you just need to get on a little roll (another couple of wins in a row, say). I think you're capable of doing that with three new first-teamers.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56910000/jpg/_56910550_obertan.jpg

I like him as player as I admire players with a true eye for a defence splitting pass. I just don't think he'd fit in our team. We need power/pace in CM (and CD). JJS isn't athletic enough without the ball which he'd have to get used to.

Guest neesy111

He's got 100x the brain the ginger jack, he'd improve our midfield immediately.

Guest neesy111

And a certain ex Chelsea left back on loan

Can't see is going for Cole like.

That's just what I've been told

He's been a free agent since August I think?

We could had signed him 31st october then, non starter.

He's got 100x the brain the ginger jack, he'd improve our midfield immediately.

Would be delighted with Shelvey tbh. Townsend on loan I could live with, not convinced he is a huge upgrade but happy to be proved wrong, likewise happy we could send him back if he doesn't work out for us.

Not getting a LB and CB is suicide. Quite frankly a Striker too. We are up shit creek right now and I don't see our current lot picking up enough points to do anything more than scrap to avoid relegation if they can.

Failing that, we could just ask the Premier league officials if we could play your lot at White Hart Lane every week.

Shelvey would be a big improvement on what we've got. His first touch usually takes him forwards, he's an attack minded player, which we really need in the middle. Also scores a few, I think he'd be  a good signing.

Why is he leaving Swansea?

I've always thought that signing Shelvey would be highly unlikely, verging on zero chance.  We'll have a price, won't budge or show any flexibility and he'll go somewhere else as he won't be short of suitors.