Newcastle United 2 - 3 Hull City - 21/09/13 (FT) Post match reaction from p 33

Guest pricedoutoftoon

Hull deserved it. Debuchy was a shambles at the back.

O0

Seriously i don't think the rest were that bad.... but Debuchy was f*cking horrific.

He's the main reason we lost today and i'm in a vile mood, thanks a lot you french t***.

MYM and Colo were terrible too.

I really don't think they were..... neither were to blame for any of the goals.... there were all Debuchy's fault.... the first two were due to his awful positioning and they both should have been picked up by him and even the third he was awful for and the midfield not picking up Aluko if he wasn't playing we win today IMO.

I honestly couldn't blame Colo or MYM for any of the goals.

They were terrible.

It makes you fucking despair to see us play and defend as badly as that. Tiote will have to come back in, he's not great but we are overran in midfield without him, Taylor should probably replace Colo, Anita replace Debuchy at RB. None of that might look great, but we are going to be looking at the bottom of the table rather than the top and we have to defend better than we are.

O0

Seriously i don't think the rest were that bad.... but Debuchy was f*cking horrific.

He's the main reason we lost today and i'm in a vile mood, thanks a lot you french t***.

I really don't think they were..... neither were to blame for any of the goals.... there were all Debuchy's fault.... the first two were due to his awful positioning and they both should have been picked up by him and even the third he was awful for and the midfield not picking up Aluko if he wasn't playing we win today IMO.

MYM invited pressure tbh and Santon was often well out of position when we lost the ball.

Bollocks.

Nah, it takes more than 1 out of a back 4 having a bad day to be THAT all over the place.

It makes you f***ing despair to see us play and defend as badly as that. Tiote will have to come back in, he's not great but we are overran in midfield without him, Taylor should probably replace Colo, Anita replace Debuchy at RB. None of that might look great, but we are going to be looking at the bottom of the table rather than the top and we have to defend better than we are.

:spit:

Also if we need to replace Debuchy, MYM should be moved to FB.

IMO, this is a one-off poor performance from what is undoubtedly our strongest XI (Gouff for Cisse the only question mark). What we don't want to do is overreact and blow-up the XI by re-introducing Tiote, Taylor, or Jonas.

It makes you f***ing despair to see us play and defend as badly as that. Tiote will have to come back in, he's not great but we are overran in midfield without him, Taylor should probably replace Colo, Anita replace Debuchy at RB. None of that might look great, but we are going to be looking at the bottom of the table rather than the top and we have to defend better than we are.

Sounds like Pardew logic this.

Anita did fine today the issue is how we actually defend.

We drop off and sit deep but we don't close down nor do we we get right on top of that we don't even take up a compact shape.

We have to address how we defend as a team before we worry about the personnel doing the defending, we have no defensive shape whatsoever it's a disgrace.

O0

MYM invited pressure tbh and Santon was often well out of position when we lost the ball.

Bollocks.

Nah, it takes more than 1 out of a back 4 having a bad day to be THAT all over the place.

The whole backline was defending alone all game, which makes it look worse.

IMO, this is a one-off poor performance from what is undoubtedly our strongest XI (Gouff for Cisse the only question mark). What we don't want to do is overreact and blow-up the XI by re-introducing Tiote, Taylor, or Jonas.

Agree with that regarding lineup.

They need to work considerably harder in training to try and look like a team though.

O0

Bollocks.

Nope. Anita was dropping into positions when one of the back 4 would go for a run around.

First half played some nice football and just about deserved the lead despite some ropey defending.

Second half was abysmal yet again. Absolutely no response to Hull whatsoever - completely lost the ability to move the ball quickly, got stuck time and again trying to pass down the flanks, ended up firing a long ball over the head of Cisse or Remy, goal kick. Rinse and repeat.  Cabaye was a non-factor and Sissoko faded, leaving us with no threat in the middle of the park and an off-his-game HBA and a where-has-his-game-gone Cisse up front. Remy faded, too, but was lively at times. Tactically found wanting again, with our first choice 11, mind. That's a worry. Seems as though a counter-attacking 4-3-3 is all we've got, and anything else forces us to revert to Pardew's 4-4-2 that is incompatible with the personnel we had on the pitch.

Krul 6

Debuchy 2

MYM 4

Colo 5

Santon 5

Anita 6

Sissoko 6

Cabaye 5

HBA 4

Remy 8

Cisse 4

Sounds like Pardew logic this.

Anita did fine today the issue is how we actually defend.

We drop off and sit deep but we don't close down nor do we we get right on top of that we don't even take up a compact shape.

We have to address how we defend as a team before we worry about the personnel doing the defending, we have no defensive shape whatsoever it's a disgrace.

Anita played a big part in our defensive meltdown. He must defend on the position where he plays, we don't have the luxury of having him there just for his passing.

O0

Bollocks.

Nope. Anita was dropping into positions when one of the back 4 would go for a run around.

Aye. As intelligent as that is from Anita, he can't do it every minute.

O0

Bollocks.

He might have done that but him and Sissoko were nowhere to be seen when the back four was there.

Definitely a hint of complacency today amongst the players, they probably thought that after going 1-0 up so early on and because they were doing relatively well attacking wise up until half time that we could cruise through. Big mistake.

They wasn't really all the over the place though.... it was just one defender going walk about in key moments leaving massive holes in his area.

I never saw Santon, MYM and Colo out of position.... it was just Debuchy and every time they scored.

You are only as good as your weak link and our weak link is f*cking terrible. People will talk about Sunderland and Liverpool etc etc but this was miles miles worse. ( only difference being we didn't get thrashed due to Remy)

We win comfortably without Debuchy's disgusting performance, although i will say the midfield should have tracked Aluko's run for the 3rd goal better.

Guest bimpy474

O0

Bollocks.

And you just know Tiote is going to come in for him. Pardew will be seething at the lack of a tackle today.

Guest bimpy474

Krul  6

Debuchy  2

MYM  5

Coloccini  3

Santon  5

Cabaye  4

Sissoko  5

Anita  7

Ben Arfa  4

Cisse  3

Remy  8

Gouffran  5

Marveaux  5

Cisse needs a 2 as well. Spot on the rest.

O0

Bollocks.

Then his FBs need to think about the game from the POV of being defenders 1st.

Also, when MYM wandered around with the ball and lost it, who had dropped into his position? Anita, which was a good thing.