Newcastle United 2 - 3 Hull City - 21/09/13 (FT) Post match reaction from p 33

Guest pricedoutoftoon

Ridiculously complacent after we scored each goal, looked like we thought it was going to be a stroll and certain players either didn't turn up at all or switched off continuously. Cisse needs to sit out a few games, his confidence is hammered and he's a massive hinderance with his hold-up play; he's getting worse with every passing game. Ben Arfa was awful today as well, no two ways about that. He wasn't even trying to create a lot of the time - I was surprised at how often he passed it backwards when he had time to turn, just didn't seem like he could be arsed.

The less said about our defending the better. Unfortunately I can see this shambolic performance resulting in Pardew reverting to type next week and going for a "safe" 4-4-2.

Cisse has run out of chances like. He cant even control the ball.

Biggest mistake was not bringing in someone to compete with him for his spot in the team in the summer. Remy was always complementary to Cisse, we also needed someone like Gomis. Folly could cost us a lot.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

It's a good reality check. We are really good going forward with players like remy, Gouffran and ben Arfa but what's the point if you can't defend properly? Also I can't understand why we didn't try switching Ben Arfa's position because of the tight manmarking. It will be something we'll have to think about if we want to be flying again.

Did we go 442 whilst in the lead?

Some say so.  I didn't notice that, but I do think our formation changed since Cabaye come off. Not sure it is "the 442".

The more worrying sign, for me, is the space between the midfielders and defenders.  Probably that's why some people singles out Sissoko.

Time to face facts, we will be eternally poor with Pards in charge. No confidence in his own players, 4-4-2 hoof ffs.

Played the team and formation most people on here wanted. Then tried to win the game with some quite offensive subs, bringing on Gouffran and Marveaux for Cabaye and Cisse. We lost because of some s*** defending, partly caused by the advanced players not tracking back enough. 4-3-3 may look good at times going forward, it also leaves you extremely vulnerable at the back, as evidenced by today.

This. If we keep playing 4-3-3 we need Tiote there if Anita and Sissoko aren't arsed to track back and just keep jogging watching unmarked players. They need to help the whole backline when we have HBA and Remy on the pitch. Looking tidy when we have possession is just not enough.

Would be nice to replace Cisse with someone. Someone who was available in the summer. Cheap too, hmmm, someone like LUKAKU!

That was a move I don't understand why we didn't compete for. He would have been perfect for us.

Credit to Hull and Bruce but this was abysmal. Deserved win for them. Remy was class again but Cisse and Debuchy have to make way, fuckin awful performances from them. And yet again we see no closing down just backing off. Time and time again Huddlestone had acres of space to work with while we were static and Aluko making dangerous runs.

lets never be confident/optimistic again.

Thats the harsh part man. We're all resigned to being shit, we all have that slight glimmer of hope.

They suck you back in with performances, you start to believe & then that absolute train wreck.

The defending for the goals was poor but we approached the game with the right plan and just came up against an all around great performance from them, thoroughly deserved.

Cisse and Debuchy obviously need dropping but we have flat out no alternatives whatsoever.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Cisse has run out of chances like. He cant even control the ball.

Biggest mistake was not bringing in someone to compete with him for his spot in the team in the summer. Remy was always complementary to Cisse, we also needed someone like Gomis. Folly could cost us a lot.

:llorente?:

Well West Ham and Villa missing a ton of chances between them and HBA's brilliant goal against Fulham have papered over a whole ton of cracks. We still look very likely to finish near the bottom as we did last season. Defensively we are still abject.