Newcastle United 2 - 3 Hull City - 21/09/13 (FT) Post match reaction from p 33

Guest pricedoutoftoon

where in the name of all thats holy was Debuchy for their 1st, thats ridiculously bad defending

Just the 10 yards away.

At least the marking for whoever was marking Elmo fo the second was equally as tight.

If I'm remembering the goal correctly, Mathieu is in the middle of the box, strangely attempting to mark someone who the centrebacks are responsible for, while Ben Arfa is standing still twenty yards away, leaving no one in that area of the pitch at all. Terrible.

"We dropped down a gear after that, and it's very hard to come back when you've dropped down a gear."

Why did we "drop down a gear", Alan?  Please tell me.

Really strange how it's happened so often during his tenure. :rolleyes:

Man for man we p*ss all over that team, disgrace.

They could start by showing that supposed superior ability on a consistent basis, HBA Colo and Krul apart who has shown any kind of consistent form even just since jan?

Even those three haven't.

I'm more forgiving to those 3 than the rest of the idiots out there (well Santon as well)

Man for man we piss all over that team, disgrace.

They could start by showing that supposed superior ability on a consistent basis, HBA Colo and Krul apart who has shown any kind of consistent form even just since jan?

Last time I checked that was one of the manager's main responsibilities.

Terrible defending for all three goals. Debuchy was way out of position for the first. For the second, Colo got distracted, lost his man and made no attempt to recover. Ben Arfa tracked back for the third but didn't try hard enough to stop the cross.

In attack, I'm not sure if Campbell is ready, but I'd like to see him given a start against Leeds, see how he does. I daresay he's very raw, but he's just the sort of player we need up there.

Benny didn't look mentally up for it. All the praise from last week seemed to have gone to his head, and talking about becoming a Newcastle legend isn't great preparation. Just get your head down and concentrate, man.

It should also be one of the basic things they should want to do regardless of the manager or are they helpless babies who only robotically do what they are told and never think for themselves?

It should also be one of the basic things they should want to do regardless of the manager or are they helpless babies who only robotically do what they are told and never think for themselves?

Players who play in a side that has no coherent footballing philosophy and tend to rely on individual moments of inspiration for goals will inevitably provide inconsistent performances.

"We dropped down a gear after that, and it's very hard to come back when you've dropped down a gear."

Another one of his magnificent half time team talks.  I wonder if it wouldn't be better to keep the players on the pitch jogging in circles for 15 minutes instead of letting him talk to them.

Guest Roger Kint

Excuses thread: "the clutch were broke"

To be fair i doubt he told whichever twat that was responsible(refuse to watch again) to defend like a 12 year old. Fucking shameful stuff

I'm only joking. Haven't even seen the game yet. No hurry to tbh!

Any positives from today? Was our attacking incisive and measured at least to get our goals or did we have to over-commit (cf arsenal/man utd away fixtures)?

Guest Roger Kint

Any positives from today? Was our attacking incisive and measured at least to get our goals or did we have to over-commit (cf arsenal/man utd away fixtures)?

I wouldnt watch it ever tbh. Positives? Remy is getting fitter, Anita was good, Sissoko showed a bit and then am saying nothing.

We absolutely pummeled them for ten minutes (possession in that first ten must have been at least 80% us), they looked completely shot to shit. Then we shot ourselves in the foot and scored. We were utter shit for the rest of the half as we chased the Hull players round trying to give them the ball back and they scored, our well constructed gameplan up in smoke before a block fell nicely to Remy to bury at the worst possible time for us. We went into half time with a lead and we should all know what happens in those situations. In hindsight I should have put my house on Hull DNB at half time.