The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Remember Hughton playing it ridiculously conservative away to Leicester in our promotion season. They went a man down early on and would he f*** go for it despite the man advantage and we ended up drawing it. Was furious at the time. :lol:

Van Aanholt had a great game :aww:

Nearly scored with a cracking shot iirc.

And saved one with his arse

Guest bimpy474

Remember Hughton playing it ridiculously conservative away to Leicester in our promotion season. They went a man down early on and would he f*** go for it despite the man advantage and we ended up drawing it. Was furious at the time. :lol:

Van Aanholt had a great game :aww:

Nearly scored with a cracking shot iirc.

And saved one with his arse

Oh yeah forgot that.

We were attacking at home in the Championship, certainly.

Beat Villa 6-0 and the mackems 5-1 in his first few months as a PL manager, in the days before we stopped attacking and shut up shop when 1 or 2 goals clear.

At home we were beaten by Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn and drew against Wigan and Fulham. A defensive approach was blamed for most of these results.

Anyway, now's not the time to kick the dog.

We were attacking at home in the Championship, certainly.

Beat Villa 6-0 and the mackems 5-1 in his first few months as a PL manager, in the days before we stopped attacking and shut up shop when 1 or 2 goals clear.

At home we were beaten by Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn and drew against Wigan and Fulham. A defensive approach was blamed for most of these results.

Anyway, now's not the time to kick the dog.

He had less than half a season in the Premier League with us and led us to those 2 hammerings and also great results at Everton and Arsenal, amongst other decent results.  There is nowhere near enough evidence of him doing a crap job or overseeing crap football for you to be so conclusive about him.  You've just got a chip on your shoulder about him, not sure why since everyone else seemed happy enough.  Can distinctly recall you being happy we'd sacked off Hughton for a "proper manager", well suffice to say I disagree(d) with that.  See little to no difference between them in terms of overall managerial ability, but one is an absolute prick and the other isn't.  Know who I'd rather have.

Hughton had an untarnished record here. Best win percentage in NUFC's history. Cannit take it away from him.

Some people are trying pretty hard mind.

Bit sad innit. We have had enough inept cunts to whinge about over the years rather than bend over backwards to try and put down a decent bloke who did a very good job.

It's a familiar, rather nasty trait amongst our support. Look at the way some of our fans talk about Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer.

There is nowhere near enough evidence of him doing a crap job or overseeing crap football for you to be so conclusive about him. 

Who said he did a crap job? I said he only really played attacking football at home in the Championship, which is completely true.

You've just got a chip on your shoulder about him, not sure why since everyone else seemed happy enough.  Can distinctly recall you being happy we'd sacked off Hughton for a "proper manager"

I was one of the few on here to endorse the decision to give Hughton the job permanently in October '09. And at the time he was sacked I said it was the wrong decision unless we got someone in better, which should've been a distinct possibility. When Pardew was confirmed as his replacement I made it clear it was a ridiculous move and even (stupidly) said we should throw bricks at him for the Liverpool game. :lol: Though like everyone my stance on Pardew softened over time with results. Same as yourself and even Mick and HTT. :lol:

Basically, you're confused or making things up.

See little to no difference between them in terms of overall managerial ability, but one is an absolute prick and the other isn't.  Know who I'd rather have.

I agree.

He played attacking football at home to Villa and Sunderland, resulting in scorelines of 6-0 and 5-1 in games where we tried and succeeded to score goals from the first minute to the last.  So in a quarter of the home games he had in the Premier League (managing a team that had just been promoted and had barely brought anyone else in) we smashed teams in entertaining games.  So "he only really played attacking football at home in the Championship" is completely false.

Re Pardew it didn't take long at all for your position to "soften"", it certainly occurred long before most had and before we'd many seen any decent results.  Will see what I can dig up, I'd not bother but saying I'm "confused or making things up" is obnoxious for no reason whatsoever.

Re Pardew it didn't take long at all for your position to "soften"", it certainly occurred long before most had and before we'd many seen any decent results.  Will see what I can dig up, I'd not bother but saying I'm "confused or making things up" is obnoxious for no reason whatsoever.

Well, you've implied I reacted positively to Hughton's sacking and Pardew's appointment, which is completely false, as you've partially just acknowledged.

If you look hard you'll find a tongue-in-cheek reference to sunbed sessions after the Liverpool game and some fair praise of Pardew a few months down the line. Go for it.

Ronaldo was one of those who fell completely for Pardew's "suave sophistication" or whatever the fuck they used to call it, back when the Pardew thread had more than a sense of homoerotic undertones.

Happy to say I've always thought he was a complete cunt. Grudging credit is as much as I've ever given him, whereas I did a complete 180 degrees as far as Hughton was concerned. Changed my opinion and then some, the magnificent black-and-white headed man that he is.

Chris Hughton's last fourteen games: 13 points

(7 losses, 4 draws, 3 wins. 10 goals for, 20 against)

Alan Pardew's last fourteen games: 13 points

(9 defeats, 1 draw, 4 wins. 9 goals for, 27 against)

Almost enough to make you laugh. Almost.

how the hell did this start? Look nice guy did well to revive us in a bad situation and did well under difficult circumstances at birmingham but at Norwich he really hasn't done well, probably will mean he'll have to go to a championship club and we'll see how he will do then.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is nowhere near enough evidence of him doing a crap job or overseeing crap football for you to be so conclusive about him. 

Who said he did a crap job? I said he only really played attacking football at home in the Championship, which is completely true.

You've just got a chip on your shoulder about him, not sure why since everyone else seemed happy enough.  Can distinctly recall you being happy we'd sacked off Hughton for a "proper manager"

I was one of the few on here to endorse the decision to give Hughton the job permanently in October '09. And at the time he was sacked I said it was the wrong decision unless we got someone in better, which should've been a distinct possibility. When Pardew was confirmed as his replacement I made it clear it was a ridiculous move and even (stupidly) said we should throw bricks at him for the Liverpool game. :lol: Though like everyone my stance on Pardew softened over time with results. Same as yourself and even Mick and HTT. :lol:

Basically, you're confused or making things up.

See little to no difference between them in terms of overall managerial ability, but one is an absolute prick and the other isn't.  Know who I'd rather have.

I agree.

I have never once softened on Pardew. I always knew he was worse than shit. In all my time suppprting this wretched club, he is easily the worst manager we have ever had.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mate, come on, you went to a talk-in and got his autograph or whatever.

Photo and a convo where he said forget about tactics, formations etc. any Pardew side would play liquid football. I called him from the start and did so even when we were riding 'high' in 5th. The man is a fraud and easily our worst manager in the time I've been following us.