The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

I see the bald fraud has taken exception to Carraghers analysis last night.  Sign of a manager under pressure....

The Dutch Ming the Merciless looking one?

19 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I hope they sack him because the smart thing to do given their financial situation and his track record is to give him some more time. I did think he'd make more of an impact by now though.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think he'll nail it if given another season.

They’ve actually started to look a lot more like a team recently. The best thing they could do is sack him (for us that is)

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I want them to not qualify for Europe so badly. I'm waiting on that firesale.

They will make 60m just from Maatsen and Hall this summer. The  probably 40m for Gallagher. Also Chabolah for 25m?

It's not going to be as bleak as people think for Chelsea.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

They will make 60m just from Maatsen and Hall this summer. The  probably 40m for Gallagher. Also Chabolah for 25m?

It’s sickening how clubs constantly bail out the top teams. They all make an absolute fortune from shite players, simply because they play for them.

How anyone can ever exchange 60m for Mount, a 7m loan fee for 6 months of Phillips etc. is beyond me.

Same further down with young players. £10m here and there for a player that has never played for them, just comes with a tag of being involved in the club.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Gallagher is their captain. Lovely sale.

Reece James is, followed by Chilwell. As both of those have been injured a lot Gallagher has capped them, but its clear they want to move him.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Todd and co. yeh. Not the manager.

IMO Poch is possibly the biggest problem. Game has evolved since his Spurs success, he hasn't

Not seen the evidence to suggest Pochettino is out of his depth. He made a stupid decision to go to Chelsea just like Potter did. They’re a fucking mess of a football club, owned by someone incredibly out of their depth. Their transfer strategy has been among the worst football has ever seen. It was always going to take more than half a season to get them into any kind of working order. You can finally see certain things working for them, would be hilarious if they sacked Poch now 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Every manager seems to like Gallagher tbh. The less successful Chelsea are the better. They are the most susceptible of the top 6 to fall off their perch by some distance. Praying for their downfall.

Fair point - I have a blind spot to him and really don't see it but better judges than me really rate him

25 minutes ago, TRC said:

Yeah, they will get to where they need to but that's just to make them compliant. I don't see how they'll have much wiggle room for any big spending this summer having missed the CL again. 

In their current three year period, this season, which features no Champions League and almost certainly out of the top 6, is replacing 2020/21 when they won the Champions League. That's almost £120m in revenue gone from the books.

Next season, 2024/25, which will almost certainly not have CL revenue, will replace 2021/22 which included a CL QF and £123m in player sales.

Chelsea do not have the matchday or commercial income of the others. They have survived on big Champions League money and player sales. Without CL money, less PL merit money, and selling from a decreasing position of strength they are in a dangerous position. A manager clicking with a group of young players is increasingly feeling like their only way out.

On 27/02/2024 at 14:56, TRC said:

Probably not, but that’s more young players being sold and likely replaced with expensive replacements that offer nothing more.

Another step down the road to mid table mediocrity. Whilst they’re limited to a 40k stadium, they can’t afford to stay on the outside for too long. Ourselves, Villa and Spurs are all better positioned longer term with stadiums and investment to stay close to the main 3. Starting seasons off where 6 clubs are better, makes it a constant up hill battle just to finish top 7. 

Edited by Sibierski