The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

You have to laugh at the 'let's get him in remarks'. No-one has any idea what has been going on.

Clearly something has gone wrong there, think about it Swansea have been fairly sensible with managers why would they all of a sudden brain fart? There's been something going on behind the scenes and I wouldn't be surprised if some of that Mirror article is true as it would fit with their performances this season.

We all just want a change. Pardew just saps all the energy out of me. He's a kill joy. I want to have a manager who doesn't get on my tits.

I envy the fuck out of all the Pardew supporters. How it must feel to have faith in the wank stain.

Surprised that he has gone before Hughton, mind. Of all the clubs down there, Norwich are just not clicking into gear at all.

It depends on momentum really. Hate to say it, but the cunts down the road have the best form of those down there right now. Fulham look in a bad shape. Evne sacking Jol and replacing him with Renee hasn't done much. Cardiff could escape if they have a momentum push like the mackems.

Fulham, West Ham and mackems would be my wish list but might end up with Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich.

You have to laugh at the 'let's get him in remarks'. No-one has any idea what has been going on.

Clearly something has gone wrong there, think about it Swansea have been fairly sensible with managers why would they all of a sudden brain fart? There's been something going on behind the scenes and I wouldn't be surprised if some of that Mirror article is true as it would fit with their performances this season.

We all just want a change. Pardew just saps all the energy out of me. He's a kill joy. I want to have a manager who doesn't get on my tits.

I envy the f*** out of all the Pardew supporters. How it must feel to have faith in the w*** stain.

Don't get me wrong mate I'm no Pardew supporter.

Based on a demise of Swansea (despite Europa) - no thanks!

Exactly. I would want to find out what has gone wrong first, not just 'get him in''

Whatever it was Swansea have just coughed up £4.5 million to get rid of him.

Why did Swansea see such a drop in form?

I was called a divvy for not understanding the external factors in his lack of longevity elsewhere.

Got £20m to spend this season, recouped nowt.  That's about the the best he could hope for at Newcastle as well.

seriously? :lol:

I have my ideas, but they're very similar to the ones that are rejected when Pardew offers them up.  So yes, I'm curious what other folk see.

It is interesting and i like you to expand on it because you did call him out at the beginning of the season.

I know we differ on his and Pardew's merits. I certainly thing Laudrup coaches better football than Pardew and i know we disagree on that.

You have however, correctly stated his 'success' as far as it can be called does seem to fall off after a couple of years (same can be said for Pardew, of course).

Fwiw, i think he'd do well with our squad and would appreciate the type of players Graham Carr identifies. I think they would be more in tune with each other.

I do wonder if his issues at his clubs are down to him agitating for something better or he has just had a remarkable run of bad luck when it comes to chairmen!

I have my ideas, but they're very similar to the ones that are rejected when Pardew offers them up.  So yes, I'm curious what other folk see.

It is interesting and i like you to expand on it because you did call him out at the beginning of the season.

I know we differ on his and Pardew's merits. I certainly thing Laudrup coaches better football than Pardew and i know we disagree on that.

You have however, correctly stated his 'success' as far as it can be called does seem to fall off after a couple of years (same can be said for Pardew, of course).

Fwiw, i think he'd do well with our squad and would appreciate the type of players Graham Carr identifies. I think they would be more in tune with each other.

I do wonder if his issues at his clubs are down to him agitating for something better or he has just had a remarkable run of bad luck when it comes to chairmen!

There's no doubt to me Laudrup coaches a better style of football and I wouldn't want anyone to think otherwise.  I also respect that he didn't make any excuses at all, always had a positive outlook and looked to lift his players rather than tell them they are tired even before games. 

Given the budgets at each club though, and the quality available, I do worry that his methods are too ... idealistic?  He absolutely refuses to do what might be effective rather than what he sees as ...pure?  Somewhere like Arsenal, if they spend big, someone as wiley as Wenger can sometimes win the league like that.  We would have to have someone prepared to do things ugly on occasion though...and that's what Swansea needed too.

The only thing I disagreed with at the time was that people were suggesting just about any other manager would be better for Newcastle United.  I didn't see the benefit in the upheaval that would be involved if we were to replace someone like Pardew with someone like Laudrup, who hadn't stayed with any job long term and had seen diminishing returns towards the end of his longer spells.

There's no doubt to me Laudrup coaches a better style of football and I wouldn't want anyone to think otherwise.  I also respect that he didn't make any excuses at all, always had a positive outlook and looked to lift his players rather than tell them they are tired even before games. 

Given the budgets at each club though, and the quality available, I do worry that his methods are too ... idealistic?  He absolutely refuses to do what might be effective rather than what he sees as ...pure?  Somewhere like Arsenal, if they spend big, someone as wiley as Wenger can sometimes win the league like that.  We would have to have someone prepared to do things ugly on occasion though...and that's what Swansea needed too.

The only thing I disagreed with at the time was that people were suggesting just about any other manager would be better for Newcastle United.  I didn't see the benefit in the upheaval that would be involved if we were to replace someone like Pardew with someone like Laudrup, who hadn't stayed with any job long term and had seen diminishing returns towards the end of his longer spells.

That's a very clear explanation of your views.

Tbf, it's a very good point regarding stylistic purity. You'd think with someone like Bony (who i actually didn't rate from what i'd seen) he had the option to try something else now and again.

Also, the fact he doesn't seem to do well in a job for more than a couple of years is a problem.

Maybe it's because he's always thinking he should be at a bigger club? Who knows.

It's a fair point mind. Who's to say 12-18 months down the line even if he's doing well, that he'd not up sticks again as soon as something better comes along. History suggests he would.

Reading the reports of what's been going on it almost sounds like he's actively been trying to get sacked.