The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Eh, how is AVB expected to have a real chance of being assistant and having all those heavy responsibilities when Mourinho always wanted a local lad for the position? No idea who he had alienated at Spurs too. As fair as I'm aware, no Spurs players have spoken badly of AVB in public like some Chelsea players did. I think your assumption that AVB is a prick is harsh and doesn't have much to stand on.

Eh, how is AVB expected to have a real chance of being assistant and having all those heavy responsibilities when Mourinho always wanted a local lad for the position? No idea who he had alienated at Spurs too. As fair as I'm aware, no Spurs players have spoken badly of AVB in public like some Chelsea players did. I think your assumption that AVB is a prick is harsh and doesn't have much to stand on.

only one he seemed to have alienated almost for sure is Adebayor-which is hard to criticize him for

AVB was still doing a decent job at Spurs. They are still very much within a shout of the top 4 finish they crave, and thats with arguably more competition for the top 4 as well. They went through the Europa League with a 100% record, and are in the quarter finals of the League Cup. Sure they had a few disappointing results but I don't think he was given a chance to turn it around.

Sure Chelsea had a disappointing league positioning, but he was trying to change much of the team at the time and there was many players at the club there who were not performing and rumours were that Abramovich was deciding who should play and the non performers were amongst it. It sounds like his hands were tied at Chelsea.

Makes me laugh how the media never see anything remotely 'knee-jerk' in giving a previously untested caretaker manager a job based on one or two wins after the previous bloke was binned.

I'm finding even dafter that some are calling for Sherwood even before he had a game based purely on the logic "he's english"

I can't see many more sackings this season except maybe Chrissy H and Malky walking away from Cardiff. Or possibly lard arse getting the heave ho at West Ham

Makes me laugh how the media never see anything remotely 'knee-jerk' in giving a previously untested caretaker manager a job based on one or two wins after the previous bloke was binned.

I'm finding even dafter that some are calling for Sherwood even before he had a game based purely on the logic "he's english"

And "he used to play for them so he knows them"

Guest Howaythetoon

Perhaps Mourinho considered AVB some kind of threat to his position as manager?! Anyway, AVB clearly has potential and will go on to be a very successful manager IMO. I'd have him here in a heart-beat.

Guest Howaythetoon

Perhaps Mourinho considered AVB some kind of threat to his position as manager?! Anyway, AVB clearly has potential and will go on to be a very successful manager IMO. I'd have him here in a heart-beat.

What do you see in him?

Lovely beard, that voice, and a sense of charm not usually associated with PL bosses.

What do you see in him?

Lovely beard, that voice, and a sense of charm not usually associated with PL bosses.

Can't argue with that.

Guest bimpy474

What do you see in him?

Beautiful beautiful hair also.

What do you see in him?

I can see hamsters are not safe round your way. ;)

What do you see in him?

So he might make a decent actor or maybe a model. He's not going to make a decent manager...

He is a decent manager, just not one up to the jobs he's been given.

It's all relative. I read he's in the frame for WBA, which might be his level. Maybe.

In retrospect, it's a shame he didn't get one of the gigs he was touted for over summer - it would be funny watching him try to manage Cristiano Ronaldo or Zlatan Ibrahimovic :lol: