The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Spurs won't finish above 4th while Levy is running them.  Seems to me he's more bothered about balancing books than attracting players to the club.

If that was the case, why did they spend every penny and then some from the Bale transfer? You can't say that someone is more interested in the finances when they've just spent over £100m in one summer :lol:

Aye, doesn't make sense. Levy has always backed the manager with funds.

As for attracting players to the club, how many did they sign this summer? :lol: and how many were highly rated, like Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen...

“Tim (Sherwood) should get the job permanently and work alongside Les Ferdinand,”

“Together, they are old-school Spurs and would do a tremendous job.

“I brought them both back to the club when I was there because they understand the place.

“They are great coaches and don’t forget Tim was captain of Blackburn when they won the Premier League in 1995.

“Why shouldn’t he get the job -- even though being English will probably go against him.”

Don't see how being captain of a title-winning side makes him more suited for the job.

And yeah, bitter as usual. :lol:

His Chelsea tenure has ultimately allowed people to come to lazy conclusions about his ability.

I don't think so. He's genuinely naive tactically.

He's done enough in his career to suggest that isn't the case. Think it might be getting on top of him a bit in the premier league.

But he really hasn't. Going undefeated in the league was a great achievement but the Portuguese especially in that season is pretty weak.

He's made some of the same mistakes time & time again.

Spurs won't finish above 4th while Levy is running them.  Seems to me he's more bothered about balancing books than attracting players to the club.

Like they did the season before AVB joined?

They didn't finish above fourth.

Wonder if there should be some sort of transfer window for managers as well or whether January would just be a free for all.

Personally think clubs should only be allowed to change manager in the summer. If you appoint a bad one then tough shit.

Would it make much difference to the league though? How often have mid-season managerial changes dramatically changed the fortunes of a team?

IMO the fabled 'new manager bounce' can often be the difference between being relegated and not for a number of teams.

IE Mussolini last season when O-Nil was sure to take the Mackems down.

Would it make much difference to the league though? How often have mid-season managerial changes dramatically changed the fortunes of a team?

I'd say that probably happens quite often.  Roeder, Robson and Keegan (twice) for us for a start.

lots of stats show there is an APPARENT bounce after replacing the manager  - for about 5 games

what it really is that  club fires the manager after a worse than average run - they then do better than average

but the same thing would happen if he'd stayed

I'd say that probably happens quite often.  Roeder, Robson and Keegan (twice) for us for a start.

It would interesting to see what impact it had on the attitudes of players who stopped playing for a manager or actively tried to get one sacked mid-season. They'll basically have to suck it up and get on with it.

Guest neesy111

If that was the case, why did they spend every penny and then some from the Bale transfer? You can't say that someone is more interested in the finances when they've just spent over £100m in one summer :lol:

They sold a player for £85m, even a pisahead could balance books with that onboard.

Guest neesy111

Often, hence why it still happens.

I think AVB is overrated, if anything. There's a reason Mourinho wants nothing to do with him. Makes it perfectly clear AVB was NEVER his assistant. I reckon he knows that AVB is going to be found out.

That's rubbish imo.  It's mourinho being a cunt as per usual to anyone who disowns him.

Maybe. I have no inside knowledge. It's just a gut feeling. But it's well known the reason AVB left was because he wanted more responsibility. Jose had him working as a scout and refused to promote him. Then they had a falling out.

The fact Mourinho didn't want to promote him speaks volumes to my ears.

I think AVB is overrated, if anything. There's a reason Mourinho wants nothing to do with him. Makes it perfectly clear AVB was NEVER his assistant. I reckon he knows that AVB is going to be found out.

That's rubbish imo.  It's mourinho being a cunt as per usual to anyone who disowns him.

Maybe. I have no inside knowledge. It's just a gut feeling. But it's well known the reason AVB left was because he wanted more responsibility. Jose had him working as a scout and refused to promote him. Then they had a falling out.

or shows that Mourinho is a complete cunt since AVB has hardly been a complete disaster and utterly clueless since he became a manager.

Guest reefatoon

That's rubbish imo.  It's mourinho being a c*** as per usual to anyone who disowns him.

or shows that Mourinho is a complete c*** since AVB has hardly been a complete disaster and utterly clueless since he became a manager.

Have to agree with that. A pair of ridiculous ego's there, they were bound to clash.