The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Purl didn't manage Hatem.  Hatem managed himself and get picked, that's it.  No one in the world can manage Hatem.

Funnily enough there's probably more truth in that than you actually meant. When Hatem manages himself he makes it impossible not to be picked. Generally though he has little discipline and it doesn't last long.

That's what I meant. 

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT's footballing road trip.  :lol:

It's no surprise after he visits a place they hate football.  ;)

That's the title of my book cheers :lol:

If Everton appoint someone forrin', the Soccer Saturday lads will be up in arms again as to why Giggs, Pardew, Hippo head, Moyes, heck they'll even suggest good old 'Arry  again for not getting a chance to manage in the Premier League.

Tony Cottee was on some Sky Sports show the other day talking about the Everton job and he was saying they should go British, the names he trotted out were fucking priceless. Pardew, Coleman, Allardyce, Big Dunc was mentioned - you get the idea.  This is a team with new owners who are looking to push onto the next level.  What is he on?!

Why don't some of these British managers go abroad for a bit, learn another language and some new tactics, take a spell at a lower league foreign club and actually show that they're willing to better themselves and gain some experience in order to secure a decent job in English football?

It's no different to any other industry - if you're not getting interviews or offers for roles on the next rung, you have two options - change industry or make yourself more attractive to potential employers. Don't just fucking moan to the press.

If I was a club owner i'd 100% go for a multi-lingual, tactically-astute, intelligent, experienced foreign manager over the likes of Tim Sherwood, Ryan Giggs, Alan Pardew etc. It's a total no-brainer!!

Until these fucking halfwits change their attitudes and their approach to the job market, they'll continue to be overlooked in favour of clearly superior options and rightly so.

I'm more bothered about those "pundits" robbing a living.

Get rid of those narrow minded, uneducated twats.

It might be a "working man's'" game, but this doesn't mean that we should put up with the likes of Merson and co.

FUCK. OFF!

Stuart Pearce last night on talkSPORT literally said surely there are some British managers available, decrying Leicester for hiring someone who “failed at a PL club” then suggested Pardew for the job. Couldn’t make it up 

:lol:

Pardew has left a trail of devastation behind him  :lol:

Why don't some of these British managers go abroad for a bit, learn another language and some new tactics, take a spell at a lower league foreign club and actually show that they're willing to better themselves and gain some experience in order to secure a decent job in English football?

It's no different to any other industry - if you're not getting interviews or offers for roles on the next rung, you have two options - change industry or make yourself more attractive to potential employers. Don't just f***ing moan to the press.

If I was a club owner i'd 100% go for a multi-lingual, tactically-astute, intelligent, experienced foreign manager over the likes of Tim Sherwood, Ryan Giggs, Alan Pardew etc. It's a total no-brainer!!

Until these f***ing halfwits change their attitudes and their approach to the job market, they'll continue to be overlooked in favour of clearly superior options and rightly so.

Bang on ?

None of them will do it though, especially when they can sit in a Sky or BT chair talking bollocks as an alternative.

It's no different to any other industry - if you're not getting interviews or offers for roles on the next rung, you have two options - change industry or make yourself more attractive to potential employers. Don't just fucking moan to the press.

Until these fucking halfwits change their attitudes and their approach to the job market, they'll continue to be overlooked in favour of clearly superior options and rightly so.

The best PFM moaning I've heard about this was somebody, can't remember who, last season complaining that the clubs at the top of the Championship were mainly foreign managed and why weren't English managers being given these roles, as if David Wagner getting the Huddersfield gig had been an example of Johnny Foreigner getting a big job ahead of Joe Bloggs, rather than them coming in and dragging a small club into the top flight on merit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its catch 22 with managers and players when it comes to the whole going abroad thing because the money involved in the game here is, well, fucking obscene. And its easy street. A rubbish player like say Colback can go from sunderland to Newcastle and pick up a shit load of money and not even make the bench. A rubbish manager can lose his job and the week later get another cushy job.

Its down to stupid chairmen though. I'd only ever appoint Big Sam for example these days to keep my club up. I'd never appoint him long-term. Pardew wouldn't get a job under me at Gateshead for example, he's rubbish.

Anyway, I was working in Gateshead today, and they think Watson is alright...

Its catch 22 with managers and players when it comes to the whole going abroad thing because the money involved in the game here is, well, f***ing obscene. And its easy street. A rubbish player like say Colback can go from sunderland to Newcastle and pick up a s*** load of money and not even make the bench. A rubbish manager can lose his job and the week later get another cushy job.

Its down to stupid chairmen though. I'd only ever appoint Big Sam for example these days to keep my club up. I'd never appoint him long-term. Pardew wouldn't get a job under me at Gateshead for example, he's rubbish.

British players staying in this country I understand, I don't agree with them but the vast majority of them are that thick and ignorant that they'd find integrating themselves into another culture very difficult. Unfortunately it also highlights the complete lack of ambition and motivation in some of them because they'd rather get splinters in their arses for £50k p/w than move somewhere they might actually get some game time.

For managers though, there's no excuse. Yes, the money is here but a lot of the British managers don't get any of it because they keep getting overlooked in favour of better candidates. So instead of doing something about it they take a cushy sofa job for a few months and spit out some cliched sob story at every opportunity.

Take Giggs for example, he's been looking for a job in the Premier League or Championship for what, 3-4 years??  Think what he could've achieved in that time - he could be fluent in German & Spanish and have 4 years worth of overseas coaching under his belt. Instead he still just has "I used to be Ryan Giggs" written on his managerial CV.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its catch 22 with managers and players when it comes to the whole going abroad thing because the money involved in the game here is, well, f***ing obscene. And its easy street. A rubbish player like say Colback can go from sunderland to Newcastle and pick up a s*** load of money and not even make the bench. A rubbish manager can lose his job and the week later get another cushy job.

British players staying in this country I understand, I don't agree with them but the vast majority of them are that thick and ignorant that they'd find integrating themselves into another culture very difficult. Unfortunately it also highlights the complete lack of ambition and motivation in some of them because they'd rather get splinters in their arses for £50k p/w than move somewhere they might actually get some game time.

For managers though, there's no excuse. Yes, the money is here but a lot of the British managers don't get any of it because they keep getting overlooked in favour of better candidates. So instead of doing something about it they take a cushy sofa job for a few months and spit out some cliched sob story at every opportunity.

Take Giggs for example, he's been looking for a job in the Premier League or Championship for what, 3-4 years??  Think what he could've achieved in that time - he could be fluent in German & Spanish and have 4 years worth of overseas coaching under his belt. Instead he still just has "I used to be Ryan Giggs" written on his managerial CV.

Agreed, especially RE Giggs, its like he is hoping his name will get him a job. I hope he does get a job soon and fails fucking miserably. If he manages as well as he manages punditry its guaranteed.

Ballague reckons that Everton have contacted Wolves' manager about him joining Everton but he wants to stay at Wolves

He doesn't want to go to a MASSIVE OLD club and play the Everton way? Maybe the tradition of mega-sexy football that they're known for intimidated him.