2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it's going to be interesting to see how the teams will cope playing in the different temperatures....gonna be shorts and t short for fans for some games , then warm coats for other games (not for us Brits though I suppose):lol:

In the cities by the sea (namely: Natal, Recife, Fortaleza, Salvador and Rio de Janeiro), average temperatures are high, even during the winter. In Manaus and Cuiabá, which are located near the Equatorial Line, temperatures are also high during all year (30 degrees+)

Belo Horizonte and São Paulo , located near the Tropic Line, and both are at a high altitude (around 800 m, 2,500 ft); this makes the weather of these cities more unpredictable.

Southern host cities of Porto Alegre and Curitiba, temperatures can drop to freezing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2011/10/tim_vickery_1.html

Ultra stoked for this, especially after that debacle in south africa. Can't wait to just crank my tv up and listen to the atmosphere. For a few moments before our wankjob talking heads start chattering about david beckham for no reason, at least.

Samba > vuvuzellas

Oh and it's a great excuse to break out my stars & stripes tanktop and get liqoured up by two in the afternoon. AMERICA!!!

I may have been a little harsh on Russia but I still don't rank them as a footballing nation in the same way I would with Brazil.

It's not like the country is churning out superstars with any regularity.

Qatar, I wouldn't even call a civilized country, nevermind a football country.

I may have been a little harsh on Russia but I still don't rank them as a footballing nation in the same way I would with Brazil.

Russia is ranked higher than England, was in the semifinals of Euro 2008, has one of the better leagues in the world, and has a deep history of success dating back to the CCCP. If we are limiting ourselves to places that are more of a hotbed than Russia, not many places will be hosting.

In what way is Qatar not civilised?

Russia is ranked higher than England, was in the semifinals of Euro 2008, has one of the better leagues in the world, and has a deep history of success dating back to the CCCP. If we are limiting ourselves to places that are more of a hotbed than Russia, not many places will be hosting.

One of the countries where if a woman gets raped and reports it it's a higher possibility she'll go to jail than the rapist, for one.

I forgot that rules, laws, and practices the West disagrees with=an uncivilised nation. Qatar is a fully industrialised  and extremely organised nation with a very high standard of living for its people and a very educated populace.

that thinks rape is really adultery and then punish them for that.

I forgot that rules, laws, and practices the West disagrees with=an uncivilised nation. Qatar is a fully industrialised  and extremely organised nation with a very high standard of living for its menfolk and a very educated male populace.

FYP

Have I said these things?My opinion bears no policy on the government of Qatar, and I would seriously doubt that the written laws of this nation say that rape victims should be incarcerated in any case. I would assume that people base this off of isolated incidents that have been given to the media as always. Disprove my assumption if you feel the need.

To say the country is not civilized is insulting and a joke. Their people live very well, there is little crime and there is little disorder. Uncivilised is a very ugly term and should be reserved for failed states such as Nigeria.

Well, tbf, I can agree that uncivilized is taking it a bit far as it involves so many other aspects of the culture/society failing. I just struggle with accepting countries that have such a large disparacy between genders. I'm also against Russia having the Olympics and the 2018 WC due to their laws regarding homosexuals as well. In my mind everyone should be treated as equal humans, regardless of gender, skin color or sexual preference. Be it a westernized outlook on society or not.

In short, not covering everything but my main basic issues with the two nations:

On sporting grounds I really have no issue with Russia getting the WC. But given the struggle to have homosexuality accepted within the sport, for FIFA to not even give Russia a public slap on the wrist for that obscene homosexuality law they passed is horrifying and make me lose what little faith I still had left in the organisational part of football.

The same goes for Qatar, FIFA trying hard to make gender differences matter less in the sport yet having no issue handing the biggest tournament to a nation with a massive gulf in gender equality. On sporting grounds it's insane a nation like Qatar would get it and better evidence for the massive corruption within FIFA doesn't exist.

Have I said these things?My opinion bears no policy on the government of Qatar, and I would seriously doubt that the written laws of this nation say that rape victims should be incarcerated in any case. I would assume that people base this off of isolated incidents that have been given to the media as always. Disprove my assumption if you feel the need.

To say the country is not civilized is insulting and a joke. Their people live very well, there is little crime and there is little disorder. Uncivilised is a very ugly term and should be reserved for failed states such as Nigeria.

on the other hand what you have said really that it is a rich country, with all that brings, technology etc and while uncivilised may seem strong the rape thing and many reports of institutionalised abuse of migrant workers hardly makes them scandinavian.

One of the countries where if a woman gets raped and reports it it's a higher possibility she'll go to jail than the rapist, for one.

Is this really true though? Or is this your opinion based on what happened to that norwegian girl?

Is this really true though? Or is this your opinion based on what happened to that norwegian girl?

if it happened to the norwegian girl then its true, no ?

if it happened to the norwegian girl then its true, no ?

Wait what :lol: Give over, you can't be serious? So because it happened to one person, the probability is higher? Seriously confused right now?

The Norwegian girl happened in Dubai. I checked up the rape laws  in Qatar after the fact though. (Though fair enough I only checked it at the time to see if I could use it as another argument against Qatar. :lol:)

Also, if the media hadn't made such a fuzz as they did she'd be locked up in Dubai right now, no doubt.