2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dan Walker ‏@mrdanwalker 37m

I bet England don't play in Manaus #WatchThisSpace

Well,well,well....

Bit of old news, really.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20131205/manaus-mayor-we-dont-want-to-host-england.ap/

The mayor of the Brazilian city of Manaus says England will not be welcome during the World Cup

Areet Mr.News.

That's Dr. News to you.

Chile are very fit, young and well organised team.... they can get through without a doubt but as always with them i expect them to choke at some point.

I really like Group B actually.

Can't wait for Spain - Holland. Got tickets to that game and will be hoping someone smashes someone so Chile has a bigger chance of advancing. A draw would probably suck.

For whatever it's worth--which is like, you know, nothing--here are ESPN's "Soccer Power Index" predictions:

http://i.imgur.com/IjwfBMq.png

Holland have a 40% chance of progressing vs 80% for Chile. Rightio.. :lol:

Holland are shit nowadays mate. Nee Van Bommel, nee Gio, nee Patrick Kluivert, Frank De Boer or that other De Boer. You should try watching them once in a while, Anita plays every game in a false 9 for them and can't even get on our bench  :lol:

For whatever it's worth--which is like, you know, nothing--here are ESPN's "Soccer Power Index" predictions:

http://i.imgur.com/IjwfBMq.png

Holland have a 40% chance of progressing vs 80% for Chile. Rightio.. :lol:

Holland are s*** nowadays mate. Nee Van Bommel, nee Gio, nee Patrick Kluivert, Frank De Boer or that other De Boer. You should try watching them once in a while, Anita plays every game in a false 9 for them and can't even get on our bench  :lol:

:lol: :thup:

I think Chile will surprise. Chile and Spain through.

B*stard, you're just scared we're going to knock you out again.. :p

Like in '94 and '98 you mean? :yao:

Nah, more like 3 years ago. Is Felipe Melo still a Brazil NT player.. :lol:

3 years ago was one of the worst shit I've seen. The first 45 minutes we were rolling you over, I really thought we had booked a place in the semi-final, nothing could get in our way that day, but when Felipe Melo right at kick off made a backheel pass to Lucio or whoever it was and it almost screwed over I knew there was some sort of nervousness between the players. Never seen such a different first half to a second half and it had nothing to do with Holland.

Think Chile and Spain are pretty nailed on to advance from their group tbh. That said some of those predictions. :lol:

What? Nailed on!? We're talking about f***ing Chile here, not Brazil or Argentina. They may well be fit, young and organised, but they should not represent a huge threat for us. Now watch people dig this up in seven months time to rub it in my face.

3 years ago was one of the worst s*** I've seen. The first 45 minutes we were rolling you over, I really thought we had booked a place in the semi-final, nothing could get in our way that day, but when Felipe Melo right at kick off made a backheel pass to Lucio or whoever it was and it almost screwed over I knew there was some sort of nervousness between the players. Never seen such a different first half to a second half and it had nothing to do with Holland.

Good to see it still hurts. I hope we have the good fortune to meet again on your own turf to inflict some more pain.. :lol:

That projection thing is a whole bunch of bullshit :lol:

Italy 3rd ffs :lol:

Englands group is a bit "group of death", like 2002 where Argentina finished 3rd. Could happen, though i think England will finish 3rd.

3 years ago was one of the worst s*** I've seen. The first 45 minutes we were rolling you over, I really thought we had booked a place in the semi-final, nothing could get in our way that day, but when Felipe Melo right at kick off made a backheel pass to Lucio or whoever it was and it almost screwed over I knew there was some sort of nervousness between the players. Never seen such a different first half to a second half and it had nothing to do with Holland.

Good to see it still hurts. I hope we have the good fortune to meet again on your own turf to inflict some more pain.. :lol:

I don't think that will happen. Either you'll beat Spain or you'll lose to Chile :lol:

Think Chile and Spain are pretty nailed on to advance from their group tbh. That said some of those predictions. :lol:

What? Nailed on!? We're talking about f***ing Chile here, not Brazil or Argentina. They may well be fit, young and organised, but they should not represent a huge threat for us. Now watch people dig this up in seven months time to rub it in my face.

They're a very good team, you'll have tons of problem against them, especially playing the last game of the group against them. I still think you should have enough to beat them, but I think they are the surprise package if they play like they have been of late.