2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been using it in Argentina since I was there 4 years ago, seems daft that it hasn't been made universal.

:thup:

All of South America has used it for over a decade I think.

In fairness, though, you ARE a bunch of cheating b******s.

:lol:

Going to book my flights today.  :frantic:

:thup: Good idea. Got any tickets for the matches?

Only just decided to do in the last week or so, so no, not yet but I'll be trying to get tickets for the following:

Nigeria v Argentina, Estadio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre, 17:00

South Korea v Algeria, Estadio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre, 20:00

Winner Group G v Runner-up Group H, Estadio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre, 21:00

The plan is to fly into Sao Paulo on 18 June, so if I could somehow get a ticket for the England game that would be amazing. Then fly to Porto Alegre on 20 June to stay with a friend and his family for two weeks, including spending some time up at his small holding about 90 miles away. Then head up to Rio for the last week and then fly home the day after the final.

Done.

British AirwaysBA1333 / BA516 / IB6827

Depart:Newcastle Airport(NCL)15:50Tue, 17 Jun 2014

Arrive:Guarulhos International Airport(GRU)06:25Wed, 18 Jun 2014

Inbound Guarulhos International Airport to Newcastle Airport

British AirwaysBA4246 / BA8752 / BA1332

Depart:Guarulhos International Airport(GRU)15:05Mon, 14 Jul 2014

Arrive:Newcastle Airport(NCL)14:50

Did it cost considerably more than it usually would?

I have no idea what the usual price is, flights cost me just over £1k. Still need to sort two internal flights and somewhere to stop in Rio for a few nights.

They reckon with what hotels are charging the only option available is to get locked up. Not sure i'd fancy that much.

Thankfully I only need a hotel for a few days in Rio due to staying with friends when in Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre, also popping over to Ubatuba for a bit as I've got a friend there.

They reckon with what hotels are charging the only option available is to get locked up. Not sure i'd fancy that much.

Rio is charging a fortune for hotels already. If anyone is looking for a much cheaper option but still possibly rather expensive contact me through PM for Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro and I could try and help out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that is all my accommodation sorted, 27 nights costing a total of approx £950 for two people, not bad really until you realise we will be staying with friends for 21 of the 27 nights.

I think that is all my accommodation sorted, 27 nights costing a total of approx £950 for two people, not bad really until you realise we will be staying with friends for 21 of the 27 nights.

You're staying there for the whole WC? You've got tickets?

Not quite the whole WC, arrive a week in.

No tickets yet. :lol:

We shall see what we get out of the ballot but even without tickets it will be great to stay with friends we've not seen for a very long time and to explore the country.

Not quite the whole WC, arrive a week in.

No tickets yet. :lol:

We shall see what we get out of the ballot but even without tickets it will be great to stay with friends we've not seen for a very long time and to explore the country.

Fair enough, should be a great experience anyway :thup: