2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

If we're doing swapsies on here, I might have to get myself a book like. Do they still do shinies? I haven't had one since like 1997.

If we're doing swapsies on here, I might have to get myself a book like. Do they still do shinies? I haven't had one since like 1997.

Still shinies and teams/ stadiums. I'd be up for swaps like. A specific thread?

Definitely WOAT. Would bring a lot to the forum.

Guest neesy111

Definitely WOAT. Would bring a lot to the forum.

:thup:

I've a few building up now.

Scolari released 8 players on his list to the World Cup. His four captains Fred, Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva and David Luiz. + 4 London based players Willian, Ramires, Oscar and Paulinho.

No complains this far. Really glad he opted for Willian and Ramires they offer something different to the Confed squad.

There are so many more better than Will.i.an. Lucas better go or I'll be raging.

Ask the Chelsea fans what they think about Willian and many will say that at the beginning they were questioning his £30m tag. If anything he's starting to put Oscar out of the side. Lucas is not even close to being on the same level as Willian. Willian isn't a spectacular player per se, but he'll run his socks of while having excellent technique and intelligence. He's just let down by the fact that he doesn't take any risks in the final third and rarely shoots so those who don't want Chelsea much won't find him that good of a player. He works hard though, and if we need a player to control the game we'll have three with Oscar, Willian and Neymar on the field as well as having some speed.

I'd have Lucas over Bernard, but Bernard is Scolari's puppet so doubt we'll see that. I'd probably take Coutinho over both though.

Willian has been good of late tbh.  Coutinho has been outstanding and if there isn't a place for him it's slightly scary.

Yeah Coutinho has been excellent of late. 2nd spring in a row that he's been very very good. But I think the problem with Coutinho is that Scolari just doesn't rate him that highly. He's way too inconsistent compared to the others and his stamina is crazily bad. I don't know if he's a smoker or something but he doesn't have the heart to play the high pressure game that Brazil employs a la Atletico Madrid.

Willian has been good of late tbh.  Coutinho has been outstanding and if there isn't a place for him it's slightly scary.

Yeah Coutinho has been excellent of late. 2nd spring in a row that he's been very very good. But I think the problem with Coutinho is that Scolari just doesn't rate him that highly. He's way too inconsistent compared to the others and his stamina is crazily bad. I don't know if he's a smoker or something but he doesn't have the heart to play the high pressure game that Brazil employs a la Atletico Madrid.

Will Willian go? I honestly don't get that no one seems to rate him on here. I really like him as player. Very good for transitioning defence to attack. Works hard, pacey. Think he's mint personally

Yeah Willian, Ramires, Paulinho and Oscar were confirmed by Scolari along with Julio Cesar, David Luiz, Thiago Silva and Fred unless injuries or something else happens to them. I agree with you, but on here players like him, Ramires, Oscar have all been called garbage, while Chelsea and Brazilian fans adore them.

Scolari released 8 players on his list to the World Cup. His four captains Fred, Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva and David Luiz. + 4 London based players Willian, Ramires, Oscar and Paulinho.

No complains this far. Really glad he opted for Willian and Ramires they offer something different to the Confed squad.

Run.

Will Willian go? I honestly don't get that no one seems to rate him on here. I really like him as player. Very good for transitioning defence to attack. Works hard, pacey. Think he's mint personally

Because he's not exciting. He's very technically sound, he won't keep losing possession like a Sissoko, he's quick and strong... but you would expect something more exciting from a £30m wide man. He cost more than Arjen Robben has ever cost a single club, or Ribery.

I fully expect him to go on to score the winning goal against Atleti now. A screamer at that. But to me, he's your boring typical Mourinho lad.

Because he's not exciting. He's very technically sound, he won't keep losing possession like a Sissoko, he's quick and strong... but you would expect something more exciting from a £30m wide man. He cost more than Arjen Robben has ever cost a single club, or Ribery.

I fully expect him to go on to score the winning goal against Atleti now. A screamer at that. But to me, he's your boring typical Mourinho lad.

:thup:

A bit worrying that a 30m attacking player is afraid to shoot and is poor in the final third.

Willian, is spot on. Harsh judging a player on his price tag, not their fault if a club pays over the odds for them. He’s not worth 30 million but he’s still a gifted player.

Willian offers Chelsea a hell of a lot and has got better and better as the season has progressed and he's had a solid first season in the PL. Goals and assists will come in time at Chelsea, i'm sure of it. He's offering Jose so much defensively as well though that it takes a shine off his ability in the final third but it will come.

He and Ramires in the same side is painful to watch too. If those two start I expect Brazil to struggle to break sides down.

The same way Brazil struggled to break down Italy and Spain with Hulk, Paulinho and Luiz Gustavo in the team you say? Here in Europe people rate Hulk so much, but he's been poor every single time for the national team, I'd start Willian, Ramires or Lucas in Hulks place every single day of the week.

Willian is the wide version of Ramires with a better physique.

They're nothing a like man :lol: Seriously, there's zero about them that is equal except both work hard but still in two completely different ways.

Paulinho has more about him offensively from what I've seen from him than Willian/Ramires have been. Although previously Ramires has looked better going forward so it could be the Mourinho factor

More than Willian, no chance.