2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jefferson, Julio César e Victor.

Dante, David Luiz, Henrique e Thiago Silva.

Daniel Alves, Maicon, Marcelo e Maxwell.

Fernandinho, Hernanes, Luiz Gustavo, Oscar, Paulinho, Ramires, Willian.

Bernard, Fred, Hulk, Jô, Neymar.

Only ''surprise'' Henrique from Napoli. Really thought Miranda, Dede or Marquinhos were ahead, but Scolari knows him well from his time at Palmeiras. Also, no Atletico Madrid player with Maxwell getting ahead of Filipe Luis.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yxjhba.jpg

Bollocks squad tbf. Would liked to have seen Roberto Firmino get in there ahead of Bernard, who I've never really been impressed with when I've seen him play. Also as you said, Miranda (or possibly Luisao) and Filipe Luis ahead of Maxwell and Henrique, and Diego Alves deserved a goalkeeper spot.

Bollocks squad tbf. Would liked to have seen Roberto Firmino get in there ahead of Bernard, who I've never really been impressed with when I've seen him play. Also as you said, Miranda (or possibly Luisao) and Filipe Luis ahead of Maxwell and Henrique, and Diego Alves deserved a goalkeeper spot.

Roberto Firmino? He's a good player, but he's not at the same level as Coutinho, Lucas or Bernard who were fighting for that place. I think Miranda should've gone, but for some reason I like having someone like Maxwell there. He's a bit of a leader and more experienced and probably won't play a minute anyways. As for Diego Alves, he's a good shot stopper and all but Victor and Jefferson are better goalkeepers. Victor also seems to have some sort of god around him the way he pretty much singlehandedly won the Libertadores last season with some immense penalties and decisive saves.

Happy with the squad, would've probably taken Coutinho and Miranda instead of Bernard and Henrique, but both are Scolaris favourites and I've never been disappointed when Bernard has played. Has immense talent and is a constant threat when on the pitch.

No Coutinho?

Guess it was either Oscar or Coutinho. Coutinho must be gutted seeing shitebags like Willian get in ahead, though.

:lol: Taylor's one man mission to show the world the shiteness of Willian.

No Coutinho?

Guess it was either Oscar or Coutinho. Coutinho must be gutted seeing shitebags like Willian get in ahead, though.

:lol:

I guess it's going to be either Rickie Lambert or Rooney? (saying this because it was nowhere near a choice between a star of the team in Oscar and someone like Coutinho trying to get into the side). It was always going to be between Lucas, Coutinho and Bernard. The latter got ahead because he's clearly the most talented even if he's in a pretty bad form of late.

Shitebags, Willian, I wonder what Englands squad will be called.

Coutinho was also disappointing when Scolari came to watch him iirc.

Scolari also know it's not all about talent, it's about forming a group and Coutinho hasn't been part of this group the same way the others are. I don't think he was ever close tbf. Think Miranda, Dede, Filipe Luis, Rafinho, Diego Cavalieri and Lucas are the ones who missed out. The rest were pretty far off. Disappointed we haven't got anyone better than Jo, but he can scores goals and you can count on him giving 150% the few minutes he'll get a chance to prove himself.

Scolari also know it's not all about talent, it's about forming a group and Coutinho hasn't been part of this group the same way the others are. I don't think he was ever close tbf. Think Miranda, Dede, Filipe Luis, Rafinho, Diego Cavalieri and Lucas are the ones who missed out. The rest were pretty far off. Disappointed we haven't got anyone better than Jo, but he can scores goals and you can count on him giving 150% the few minutes he'll get a chance to prove himself.

Mm, would you say Maicon was a surprising selection ahead of Rafinha?

Ramires being both Brazilian and a Brazilian international is what's wrong with modern football.

I'd love to know for what reasons? As a Brazilian I'm like most are delighted he's in there. He offers something else, with his engine and ability to get into the box at the right time. Will be perfect cover for Paulinho or Hulk (the latter if we're in a tight game trying to get goals on the counter)

Mm, would you say Maicon was a surprising selection ahead of Rafinha?

No, I expected him tbh. Rafinha didn't do well when he got the chance while Maicon has gotten assist and has had a good season for Roma.

Ramires being both Brazilian and a Brazilian international is what's wrong with modern football.

I'd love to know for what reasons? As a Brazilian I'm like most are delighted he's in there. He offers something else, with his engine and ability to get into the box at the right time. Will be perfect cover for Paulinho or Hulk (the latter if we're in a tight game trying to get goals on the counter)

I think he's a horrible little bastard with no talent for a start, but mainly the 9 year old in me wants the Brazil team at the World Cup in the home country to be more stereotypical. I might boycoutt their games if Ramires and Fernandinho both start out of respect for the glory days.

I think he's a horrible little b****** with no talent for a start, but mainly the 9 year old in me wants the Brazil team at the World Cup in the home country to be more stereotypical. I might boycoutt their games if Ramires and Fernandinho both start out of respect for the glory days.

Well we entertained in the Confed beating everyone and scoring beautiful and plenty goals with the exact same starting eleven as we'll have in the World Cup. We'll start with Luiz Gustavo - Paulinho in midfield with Oscar, Hulk and Neymar supporting Fred. Don't think it's going to be enough to win the whole thing, but am expecting us to reach the semi's at the very least, think Germany will be a step to far if we arrive there though.