2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paulinho has more about him offensively from what I've seen from him than Willian/Ramires have been. Although previously Ramires has looked better going forward so it could be the Mourinho factor

No doubt I prefer Paulinho to start and Scolari does too, I think Paulinho can be a great midfielder while Ramires is very limited in many areas. The good thing is that he can come in and offer a lot of different dimensions to the game. He's fast, he can break on the counter from deep, he wins balls and puts in tackles and gets into the box at the right time.

Who Ramires? In his second season he scored a dozen goals and provided 7 assists.

If you meant Paulinho. He plays in a different position with more defensive responsibility. He should have a dozen goals this season.  I expect him to push on next season and find the net more regularly as he's missed many chances this year (and been injured)

Paulinho has more about him offensively from what I've seen from him than Willian/Ramires have been. Although previously Ramires has looked better going forward so it could be the Mourinho factor

More than Willian, no chance.

Two completely different players though. Ramires and Paulinho are two comparable players. Willian is a completely different type. Would be like comparing Sissoko to Ben Arfa. Only Pardew can do that.

More than Willian, no chance.

Two completely different players though. Ramires and Paulinho are two comparable players. Willian is a completely different type. Would be like comparing Sissoko to Ben Arfa. Only Pardew can do that.

Yeah just posted after that  :lol:

Not sure why Willian is being put in with Ramires and Paulinho though, doesn't even play in their position or have similar attributes. Paulinho in the middle is obviouslt preferred choice and rightly so.

Tactically (under Mourinho) they are similar. They'll work hard defensively but burst forward with pace and strength on the counter and can do so for 90 minutes easily.

Similarly, when presented with a deep defence they'll both struggle to create going forward. And for Mourinho - they have to do both. 

Not sure why Willian is being put in with Ramires and Paulinho though, doesn't even play in their position or have similar attributes. Paulinho in the middle is obviouslt preferred choice and rightly so.

Tactically (under Mourinho) they are similar. They'll work hard defensively but burst forward with pace and strength on the counter and can do so for 90 minutes easily.

Similarly, when presented with a deep defence they'll both struggle to create going forward. And for Mourinho - they have to do both. 

Willian movement and ability to keep possession creates a lot of space for other players to score. Ramires runs from deep and I agree that in deep defences he's not the best player to start with as he's technically very limited. However, Willian is technically excellent, has excellent vision and accuracy. He also moves a lot. You're being overly harsh on Willian and seems to me your drawing conclusion from the Atletico game purely. He wasn't bought to score goals like Robben, he was bought to make sure the team score goals. He never scored many in Shaktar is I'm not mistaken.

Ramires played a game on the wing under Jose so now they get tactically compared? It was one match?  :lol:

Willian movement and ability to keep possession creates a lot of space for other players to score. Ramires runs from deep and I agree that in deep defences he's not the best player to start with as he's technically very limited. However, Willian is technically excellent, has excellent vision and accuracy. He also moves a lot. You're being overly harsh on Willian and seems to me your drawing conclusion from the Atletico game purely. He wasn't bought to score goals like Robben, he was bought to make sure the team score goals. He never scored many in Shaktar is I'm not mistaken.

:thup:

I've watched Willian all season. I watched him

I don't doubt that, I'm just doubting whether your analysis of his game comes from the whole season or purely the last game since everything your saying about both seems to be drawn from one game only. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though so :thup:

Just looking around a bit in the teams buildup to the World Cup and see England having three friendlies set up before the World Cup, Brazil playing two, Colombia playing only one by the looks of it, Argentina will play two as well.

Think Englands plans are excellent playing Peru, Ecuador and Honduras as warm up. Three teams that will run a lot and hit a lot. Will be a great test to get into World Cup mode, unless those teams take it at 35%.

Willian has been good of late tbh.  Coutinho has been outstanding and if there isn't a place for him it's slightly scary.

Yeah Coutinho has been excellent of late. 2nd spring in a row that he's been very very good. But I think the problem with Coutinho is that Scolari just doesn't rate him that highly. He's way too inconsistent compared to the others and his stamina is crazily bad. I don't know if he's a smoker or something but he doesn't have the heart to play the high pressure game that Brazil employs a la Atletico Madrid.

Will Willian go? I honestly don't get that no one seems to rate him on here. I really like him as player. Very good for transitioning defence to attack. Works hard, pacey. Think he's mint personally

It's basically just _01 that doesn't rate him. :lol:

Willian has been good of late tbh.  Coutinho has been outstanding and if there isn't a place for him it's slightly scary.

Yeah Coutinho has been excellent of late. 2nd spring in a row that he's been very very good. But I think the problem with Coutinho is that Scolari just doesn't rate him that highly. He's way too inconsistent compared to the others and his stamina is crazily bad. I don't know if he's a smoker or something but he doesn't have the heart to play the high pressure game that Brazil employs a la Atletico Madrid.

Will Willian go? I honestly don't get that no one seems to rate him on here. I really like him as player. Very good for transitioning defence to attack. Works hard, pacey. Think he's mint personally

It's basically just _01 that doesn't rate him. :lol:

Definitely a few others.

I think Willian's a good player. He's not anything special and doesn't have much flair but works his arse off and is good technically.

I think Ramires and Oscar have both gotten worse under Mourinho. Oscar was very good last season while this season he seems to spend too much time defending and isn't showing much going forward. He's not even a starter for Chelsea anymore

I've watched Willian all season. I watched him

I don't doubt that, I'm just doubting whether your analysis of his game comes from the whole season or purely the last game since everything your saying about both seems to be drawn from one game only. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though so :thup:

I've thought Chelsea lack genuine creativity all season and I said months back just before/after the West Ham home 0-0 draw that I thought they would drop points to organised sides because they lack genuine creativity and a striker. This applies to Oscar as much as it does Willian. I do admit i'm a tad biased, since his Madrid stint i've scrutinised Mourinho's every move and I was a Mata fanboy.

I thought it was poignant that when 1-0 down to Palace,. Mourinho chose not to bring on his £30m winger. That speaks volumes as to why i'm not a big fan of his.

He's not even a starter for Chelsea anymore

Course he is  :lol:

Is he? I'll admit I don't watch every game they play but the last few I've seen he hasn't been starting

Definitely still a starter, usually just brought off without fail. Didn't start against Atletico as it wasn't his type of game but i'd imagine he'll be back in at home.

I think Willian's a good player. He's not anything special and doesn't have much flair but works his arse off and is good technically.

I think Ramires and Oscar have both gotten worse under Mourinho. Oscar was very good last season while this season he seems to spend too much time defending and isn't showing much going forward. He's not even a starter for Chelsea anymore

Point 1: That cost £30m

Point 2 Ramires/Oscar: I agree, especially Ramires. Which makes less sense as before you could excuse the odd bad performance because he had to do all of Mata's running.

He's not even a starter for Chelsea anymore

Course he is  :lol:

Is he? I'll admit I don't watch every game they play but the last few I've seen he hasn't been starting

Definitely still a starter, usually just brought off without fail. Didn't start against Atletico as it wasn't his type of game but i'd imagine he'll be back in at home.

Aye he diiiiid