2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gutted he's left out Lucas tbqh. Hope somebody gets injured.

I've been impressed for him when playing with PSG, but always so out of depth with the national team. So not surprised he's been left out. I'd probably have taken him or Coutinho instead of Hernanes whom I don't rate that highly.

Lucas is so unbelievably fast and entertaining. Gutted.

That's the thing though, how are you going to pick someone who can't translate that into it's game. Doesn't matter if you can run fast and be entertaining when you can't perform at the highest of levels. David Odonkor didn't to that well in 2006 tbf.

Guest firetotheworks

He's the type of player that world cups are all about. Weird comparison but it's like a WC in the '90s without even a cameo from Denilson.

Jo and Fred :lol:

I thought the latter was spared of criticism after scoring Italy x2, Uruguay and Spain x2 in the Confederations. Then again, I guess you'll never be accepted as an excellent footballer unless you play in Europe.

He's the type of player that world cups are all about. Weird comparison but it's like a WC in the '90s without even a cameo from Denilson.

Lucas? We have Bernard who is as entertaining and a better footballer. We have Neymar who is by far the most entertaining player on the team. I would've left Lucas out for the reasons I mentioned earlier, I'm much more for Coutinho and Bernard than Lucas.

http://www.7amkickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Diego-Costa-Brazil.jpg

:troll:

Still pissed at that. The cunt :lol: I respect his decision though, just pissed he picked the wrong team.

http://www.7amkickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Diego-Costa-Brazil.jpg

:troll:

Still p*ssed at that. The c*** :lol: I respect his decision though, just p*ssed he picked the wrong team.

Why the fuck do you respect his decision?

Guest firetotheworks

Lucas? We have Bernard who is as entertaining and a better footballer. We have Neymar who is by far the most entertaining player on the team. I would've left Lucas out for the reasons I mentioned earlier, I'm much more for Coutinho and Bernard than Lucas.

That's not really what I'm getting at. Denilson wasn't a starter for Brazil because there were better players in Romario, Bebeto, Leonardo, Ronaldo etc. Denilson wasn't even effective, he was just a clown basically, but very entertaining. I'm disappointed that I won't get to see a player for that reason. Not because he's a clown btw, just because he's entertaining.

Always thought it was a poor decision to recall Big Phil as national manager since I saw him badly relegate Palmeiras, with seemingly no motivation or ideas. Looked like someone whose time in top-flight management was well behind him. This team does little to temper my doubts about him... The Argies also have the problem of having a mediocre coach as well, if that's any consolation.

Regarding the striker situation, with Diego Costa gone, Luis Fabiano is probably still the best Brazilian centre forward. I'm surprised he doesn't get called up anymore with the meagre options in that department.

I respect his decision, because in the end it's his life, Spain is where he believes himself to have been given the chance. He's done what he thinks is the right move and I think every human should be able to decide given the choice is realistic.

Christ, I can see it now: Brazil winning the World Cup and people bitching and moaning about it not being done in a "beautiful" way.

We won with the exact same team last time around. Think Mourinho has killed the way people look at players like David Luiz, Ramires, Oscar and Willian who are all extremely entertaining players when they play it their way.

Felipao - do you think and/or expect Brazil to win the World Cup? (Genuine question btw)

I'm in some kind of brainstorming pre-WC time to get as many opinions as possible and all that...

Felipao - do you think and/or expect Brazil to win the World Cup? (Genuine question btw)

I'm in some kind of brainstorming pre-WC time to get as many opinions as possible and all that...

Said it before. I think we're a top 4 team. Do think that a semi-final against Germany or final against Spain/Argentina could end in any way. I'd say I EXPECT us to reach semi-finals, from there I don't have a clue. We have a good enough team to beat anyone, but it's a World Cup and we might even go out in the group stages since anything can happen.

Said it before. I think we're a top 4 team. Do think that a semi-final against Germany or final against Spain/Argentina could end in any way. I'd say I EXPECT us to reach semi-finals, from there I don't have a clue. We have a good enough team to beat anyone, but it's a World Cup and we might even go out in the group stages since anything can happen.

Ok then. Think you're make the semi's personally.

Then, as you say, anything can happen. Details once again decide the games and Brazil maybe, just maybe won't be good enough defensively then. We'll see.

Always thought it was a poor decision to recall Big Phil as national manager since I saw him badly relegate Palmeiras, with seemingly no motivation or ideas. Looked like someone whose time in top-flight management was well behind him. This team does little to temper my doubts about him... The Argies also have the problem of having a mediocre coach as well, if that's any consolation.

Regarding the striker situation, with Diego Costa gone, Luis Fabiano is probably still the best Brazilian centre forward. I'm surprised he doesn't get called up anymore with the meagre options in that department.

That is the worst opinion I've seen on here. I'll accept people not liking players here and there, but saying that bringing Scolari in who in a short time got the team back in winning ways, playing good football and getting the hope back after the shit presented by Mano before is a bad decision is beyond me. He might've been part of a relegated Palmeiras (a team who wasn't relegated for the first time in a short period either and a team that had a squad full of problems) but he also won them Copa do Brasil and qualified them for the Libertadores while the next guy in was unable to save them from relegation.

Basically what you wrote is loads of shit man. :thup:

Ok then. Think you're make the semi's personally.

Then, as you say, anything can happen. Details once again decide the games and Brazil maybe, just maybe won't be good enough defensively then. We'll see.

Personally I think defensively we're the best team in the world. It's going forward I'm scared off, we rely to heavily on Neymar and Oscar to perform since Fred and Hulk are good but not great players.

Absolut joke Felipe Luis isn't going tbh, rest is neither here nor there. Luis on the other hand s***s all over Maxwell from a great height.

We're bringing Maxwell's stroke of luck. Man has won so many titles every year, he'll win us another one :lol: