2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doing another fantasy league this year for £2. Think we need to wait for all the squads to be announced. Can see the last one here - was good FUN

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92341.msg3710041.html#msg3710041

There will be money prizes and physical prizes so look out for the thread soon..........

I'll do this... but... £2? Surely you could stretch that a bit... even £3 would make it more interesting. Inflation and all that.

What about Max Kruse?

That German team is f***ing stacked in defense and midfield IMO.

In defense? Really? Lahm is the only one that really stands out, their other fullback position is weak and a central defending pair of Mertesacker & Hummels feels to slow and clumsy, and Boateng isn't really that good.

As for their midfield :megusta: Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Khedira, Bender even Lahm can play there in the deeper positions and then Reus, Özil, Götze, Muller, Draxler, Schurrle in the offensive ones. Can really see this team scoring loads of goals in every game. Really hope they do well, not a typical german side, really love this generation of players they've had. No more Ballack or Frings.

I'm not convinced by that attack or midfield whatsoever.

As for their midfield :megusta:

Make your mind up man.

Meant attack and defense. :lol: Sorry about that.

Doing another fantasy league this year for £2. Think we need to wait for all the squads to be announced. Can see the last one here - was good FUN

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92341.msg3710041.html#msg3710041

There will be money prizes and physical prizes so look out for the thread soon..........

I'll do this... but... £2? Surely you could stretch that a bit... even £3 would make it more interesting. Inflation and all that.

Aye, will decide that. Tempted to get some 'i lov you hatem' shirts as prizes, although you already have one :lol:

Loved Ballack.

I agree the CB and main strikers aren't the best. They have lots of depth at CB of good-very good CB's.

Random question: Who would people have as the top 5ish CB's in the world?

Ballack was a very good player, just not a beautiful player to watch.

Thiago Silva, Dante, David Luiz, Miranda and Coloccini.

Loved Ballack.

I agree the CB and main strikers aren't the best. They have lots of depth at CB of good-very good CB's.

Ballack was a very good player, just not a beautiful player to watch.

Thiago Silva, Dante, David Luiz, Miranda and Coloccini.

:lol: very good.

James Collins, James Collins, James Collins, James Collins, James Collins.

Loved Ballack.

Thiago Silva

Kompany

Chiellini

Hummels

Then struggling, maybe Ramos.

Think Ramos is better than Kompany, Chiellini, Hummels - most due to being better in big matches.

The reason I ask, is I believe there's a lack of brilliant CB's these days. Chiellini? Absolutely miles away from a Nesta or Cannavaro. Kompany's never even played in a CL QF.

I would rank John Terry higher now in the world, than I would have 5-8 years ago.

Think Ramos is better than Kompany, Chiellini, Hummels - most due to being better in big matches.

The reason I ask, is I believe there's a lack of brilliant CB's these days. Chiellini? Absolutely miles away from a Nesta or Cannavaro. Kompany's never even played in a CL QF.

I would rank John Terry higher now in the world, than I would have 5-8 years ago.

:thup:

Only one real brilliant CB in the world at the moment, but think there are some very underrated out there like Barzagli and Benatia (both who for me have been the best in the Serie A, granted I've not watched enough to give a valid opinion, but from the little I've seen).

Ramos, and Kompany have both been at fault for so much but they have a higher ceiling than most.

I'd probably say my top five would be Thiago Silva, Barzagli, Benatia and then anyone of Hummels, Dante, Koscielny (although I know many prefer Mertesacker), Ramos, Pepe, Kompany, Chiellini, Terry/Cahill, Skrtel (amount of goals scored only :megusta:)

Only one real brilliant CB in the world at the moment.

Classic flip

Only one real brilliant CB in the world at the moment.

Classic flip

;)

Hummels is so classy on the ball. But proper defending? Give me John Terry.

I've been decently impressed by Cahill this season tbf, don't know if it's been because Chelsea has defended with 20 players, but he really gives his all like Terry used too. Think he's better than Terry personally.

Problem with Germany is as mentioned their CFs and defence as a whole leaves a lot to be desired, while they are good in midfield as anyone not called Spain its also a problem area.

As the manager still doesn't have a clue what the best 4 or 5 players are. Unlike the other contenders they don't have a settled team which will end up being a problem.

My first outlandish prediction for WC 2014: They won't make the Semi's.