2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Argieball preliminary 32.

Attack: Messi, Agüero, Higuaín, Lavezzi, Palacio, Di Santo

Midfield: Gago, Mascherano, Di María, Banega, Biglia, Rodríguez, Álvarez, Fernández, Sosa, Pérez, Gaitán, Cambiasso, Romero, Kranevitter

Defenders: Zabaleta, Garay, Fernández, Rojo, Campagnaro, Basanta, Otamendi, López, Peruzzi, Demichelis

Goalkeepers: Romero, Andujar, Orion.

As expected Tevez left out. Mistake. An injury to Messi, Di Maria or Aguero and they're deeply f***ed. That defense is pure meh.

Germany, Brazil and Spain all have stronger squads in my opinion.

Defence isn't as bad as made out considering they have a very hard-working midfield. Zabaleta, Garay & Demichelis are all very decent from what i've seen. Campagnaro from Napoli? He's not terrible at all.

We'll have to agree to disagree, having watched plenty of Argentina I can promise you that if you also have and keeps to that opinion of yours then you're expectations are far lower than mine for a national team like Argentina.

Tbh i'm just looking at the names. On paper the defence and midfield is no weaker defensively as Brazil are on paper in attack in midfield when it comes to attacking.

But granted I haven't seen Argentina very much at all.

Midfield: Gago, Mascherano, Di María, Banega, Biglia, Rodríguez, Álvarez, Fernández, Sosa, Pérez, Gaitán, Cambiasso, Romero, Kranevitter

Defenders: Zabaleta, Garay, Fernández, Rojo, Campagnaro, Basanta, Otamendi, López, Peruzzi, Demichelis

As expected Tevez left out. Mistake. An injury to Messi, Di Maria or Aguero and they're deeply f***ed. That defense is pure meh.

Defence isn't as bad as made out considering they have a very hard-working midfield. Zabaleta, Garay & Demichelis are all very decent from what i've seen. Campagnaro from Napoli? He's not terrible at all.

We'll have to agree to disagree, having watched plenty of Argentina I can promise you that if you also have and keeps to that opinion of yours then you're expectations are far lower than mine for a national team like Argentina.

Tbh i'm just looking at the names. On paper the defence and midfield is no weaker defensively as Brazil are on paper in attack in midfield when it comes to attacking.

But granted I haven't seen Argentina very much at all.

Actually scratch that, I agree with you, you are definitely right.

So Motta, Romulo, Diego Costa, Pepe, Thiago, Giovani dos Santos, Eduardo who else is Brazilian and will be playing for another national team at this World Cup?

Sammir is in the Croatia preliminary squad.

So Motta, Romulo, Diego Costa, Pepe, Thiago, Giovani dos Santos, Eduardo who else is Brazilian and will be playing for another national team at this World Cup?

Sammir is in the Croatia preliminary squad.

Why hasn't Feilhaber been picked either? Isn't he like born in Brazil, should guarantee him a spot in Klinsmanns squad.

Argies were very strong in qualifying. Picked a functioning team rather than the best players, simply no need to fiddle with it.

They were strong, but not very strong to be completely honest. While they only really lost points in the altitude their play wasn't very convincing a lot of the time for the players they have at their disposal. Their friendlies have also been very average this year. Still see them as big favourites, but that is for me all dependent on Messi showing up.

Argentina have lost 4 games since 2011 :lol:

They are definitely one of the favourites, i'd go a step further if their defense wasn't so s*** can see them losing in Semi's due to that horrid back 4.

Where have anyone stated otherwise? I personally said their play hasn't been convincing, and the bad results have been in altitude.

They're a clear top 4 side, but for them to win it they need Messi to perform. As Aguero has been injured and they don't have their defense to turn back to in case their strikers don't perform.

[quote author=Felipão link :mike:=topic=94598.msg5011700#msg5011700 date=1399997682]

:mike:  :mike:

Demichelis was a bit off the pace when he first came but overall he's had a good season IMO. From about February onwards he hardly put a foot wrong. He's a leader and tactically smart player who marshals the backline well. 

He's well suited to international football too. There's more focus on defenders relieving pressure with the ball rather than the desperate defending we love so much. Not to mention the game is slower.

He made less mistakes than Kompany in the last 2/3 months in the season.

He's not as bad as he's made out to, but CD is out of his mind comparing that defence to Oscar, Hulk, Bernard, Neymar, Willian.

21 goals between 3 of those in the league this season.

Also tons of injuries, two of them adapting to a new league. Also, you're going by statistics on that one, if you want statistics see how many points Chelsea won with Willian on the pitch and how many the won with Hazard on the pitch in average per game. You'll see Willian is much better than Hazard.

which he obviously isn't

[emoji23][emoji23] I really hope Jose has been holding Willian back

:lol:

I hope he has as well, because if he has Willian is the next Garrincha somehow having performed the way he's done this season despite being held back. ;)

Demichelis was a bit off the pace when he first came but overall he's had a good season IMO. From about February onwards he hardly put a foot wrong. He's a leader and tactically smart player who marshals the backline well. 

He's well suited to international football too. There's more focus on defenders relieving pressure with the ball rather than the desperate defending we love so much. Not to mention the game is slower.

I agree with that, problem is Argentina's CBs are all very slow no? would help to pair him with someone more athletic.

I agree with that, problem is Argentina's CBs are all very slow no? would help to pair him with someone more athletic.

They're all slow and their left-backs are non-existent.

Aye just what i thought, as for LBs its karma for having Zanetti for 2 decades.

:lol:

Poor Argentina, was karma enough of having Diego Armando Maradona pick Jonas ahead of him at the last World Cup