2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I agree with flip here on the whole Suarez thing. If Ireland were playing in a world cup quarter final I wouldn't care how we won as long as we did. In fact I would be angry if an Ireland player didn't do anything possible to stop a goal, even if that means getting sent off. Also you are all acting like Suarez had all the time in the world to think about what he was doing. In reality he had less than a second to react and did what naturally came to him.

Like somebody said earlier, if your instinct is to cheat then you're a cheat.  The guy spends most of his time trying to con the referee, he's never off the floor, never stops bitching and moaning.  He's a cheat, don't see why the instinct argument makes it any better - in fact it makes it worse.

I'm only talking about the Ghana game not any other incidents. The reality is if Gyan hadn't bottled the penalty there would be nothing said about it

What difference does that make?  He did miss the penalty and Suarez celebrated like he'd scored a 40-yarder.  The incident and what happened afterwards really weren't in the spirit of the game whatsoever.

He celebrated like that because his country had just qualified for a world cup semi final. Qualifying for a world cup semi final is a lot better than scoring a 40 yarder in some meaningless game

What I mean is that he celebrated as if he was directly responsible, which he was, but not in a positive way.  It was pretty disgusting to watch as a neutral, God knows what Ghana fans must have thought.

:thup: People unable to realize this, pulling all these different situations that are completely uncomparable.

As for Rompe. I know there was a shirt pull, but that was analyzed at the time as having nothing to do with the fall. Flo actually throws himself at the ground when Baiano jumps above him, ref if I'm not msitaken doesn't give a penalty for shirt pulling but for pushing him down. Might be completely wrong, haven't seen these images recently but remember being loads of talk about it.

The fall was clearly caused by being pulled back by Baiano, and the ref gave the penalty for the shirt pulling.

Fair enough, I'll have to look at it again. I'm acting a bit like SanToon did yesterday regarding the Dummett tackle so I apologize. :p

:lol: you're laughable man, honestly.

:p

:lol:  I ain't mad.

:yao:

Tbf I'll be impressed if someone blatantly cheats to put Brazil out of the WC and you still maintain this stance ;)

Like that's going to happen. Neymar is going to cheat everyone.

I agree with flip here on the whole Suarez thing. If Ireland were playing in a world cup quarter final I wouldn't care how we won as long as we did. In fact I would be angry if an Ireland player didn't do anything possible to stop a goal, even if that means getting sent off. Also you are all acting like Suarez had all the time in the world to think about what he was doing. In reality he had less than a second to react and did what naturally came to him.

Like somebody said earlier, if your instinct is to cheat then you're a cheat.  The guy spends most of his time trying to con the referee, he's never off the floor, never stops bitching and moaning.  He's a cheat, don't see why the instinct argument makes it any better - in fact it makes it worse.

I'm only talking about the Ghana game not any other incidents. The reality is if Gyan hadn't bottled the penalty there would be nothing said about it

What difference does that make?  He did miss the penalty and Suarez celebrated like he'd scored a 40-yarder.  The incident and what happened afterwards really weren't in the spirit of the game whatsoever.

He celebrated like that because his country had just qualified for a world cup semi final. Qualifying for a world cup semi final is a lot better than scoring a 40 yarder in some meaningless game

What I mean is that he celebrated as if he was directly responsible, which he was, but not in a positive way.  It was pretty disgusting to watch as a neutral, God knows what Ghana fans must have thought.

Bit of a leap of faith you've taken there mind.

Fuck Ghana.

Bit of a leap of faith you've taken there mind.

I just mean that if he had any sportsmanship about him whatsoever then (other than not doing it in the first place) it might have been a bit more respectful to the opposition if he'd went to the changing rooms and kept a low profile.

Guest palnese

I do wonder whether palnese, who is of such high moral grounds, was happy to see Norway through the group in 98 when I think it was Flo who threw himself on the ground to get a penalty. Norwegian commentators were ecstatic and so was the people. But I guess it's a cultural thing.

Wat.

Twas a stonewall pen.

I do wonder whether palnese, who is of such high moral grounds, was happy to see Norway through the group in 98 when I think it was Flo who threw himself on the ground to get a penalty. Norwegian commentators were ecstatic and so was the people. But I guess it's a cultural thing.

Wat.

Twas a stonewall pen.

Read about it again now, and it wasnt until 2 days after that another camera angle of the incident that proved it was stonewall penalty came out. Until then it never looked like a penalty yet you all celebrated lile there was no tomorrow.

Guest palnese

Wat.

Twas a stonewall pen.

Read about it again now, and it wasnt until 2 days after that another camera angle of the incident that proved it was stonewall penalty came out. Until then it never looked like a penalty yet you all celebrated lile there was no tomorrow.

Honestly,man. What's that got to do with cheating?

The polic crew are liars, that's what I say. Ball wasn't over the line in '66 but nee one gives a shit about that, we won the world cup. Had we punched the ball off the line at some point and they missed the pen, we still would've won the world cup, and after 6 months had passed, that's all that people would remember.

The history books only show who won, not how they won. [/jerrythekinglawler]

The polic crew are liars, that's what I say. Ball wasn't over the line in '66 but nee one gives a s*** about that, we won the world cup. Had we punched the ball off the line at some point and they missed the pen, we still would've won the world cup, and after 6 months had passed, that's all that people would remember.

If that's the case, why are you still talking about it alomst half a century later?

The polic crew are liars, that's what I say. Ball wasn't over the line in '66 but nee one gives a s*** about that, we won the world cup. Had we punched the ball off the line at some point and they missed the pen, we still would've won the world cup, and after 6 months had passed, that's all that people would remember.

If that's the case, why are you still talking about it alomst half a century later?

Absolutely woeful point. I know it happened and I am using it as an example of something that absolutely no-one in the UK considers as tarnishing our world cup win. It's a perfectly salient point, and I have little time to deal with shite replies like this. If you've not got anything worthwhile to add, at least post a hilarious animated gif. Now jog on, shithouse.

The polic crew are liars, that's what I say. Ball wasn't over the line in '66 but nee one gives a shit about that, we won the world cup. Had we punched the ball off the line at some point and they missed the pen, we still would've won the world cup, and after 6 months had passed, that's all that people would remember.

There were spectators on the pitch during the 4th goal. Should also have been ruled out.

How did we cheat in 1966?  Plus we won 4-2, wish everyone would stop prattling on about it.

I didn't watch the World Cup (since I wasn't alive), but it's considered by many to be the most blatant cheated World Cup in history. Dan has his charm but he also has a point. There's tons of occassions and not once can I remember a fan complaining of gaining advantage.

How did we cheat in 1966?  Plus we won 4-2, wish everyone would stop prattling on about it.

I didn't watch the World Cup (since I wasn't alive), but it's considered by many to be the most blatant cheated World Cup in history. Dan has his charm but he also has a point. There's tons of occassions and not once can I remember a fan complaining of gaining advantage.

:lol: Just making things up now.  It may have been one of the most contentious decisions but we didn't cheat to get it.

:lol: Just making things up now.  It may have been one of the most contentious decisions but we didn't cheat to get it.

I'm really not. This is what I've been told by most people who have been alive to see all of them. The '66 one and the '78 in Argentina (where the military junta controlled it all) were the two World Cup where I've been told that there was obvious cheating and bias towards the homeside. Like I've said, this is what I've read and been told. In 2002 we had South Korea gain advantage, but I'm sure those referees made the same abysmal decision in other games in that tournament as well.