2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seriously though, I'd much prefer a proactive rather than reactive approach to the issue. Cheating should have no place in the game. Anything that encourages it or accepts it is wrong.

Secondly, I am loathe to have you tell me on the one hand that it's a situation a Newcastle fan hasn't been in, whilst on the other telling me exactly how I and others would react in that situation.

Loathe :lol:

Real reason why I say that is because I've never seen one fan of any team ever complain in a situation like that of cheating. Making it a cultural thing as some have done is ridiculous as one of the most cheated World Cup was in favour of England and I've not read of English fan staying at home pissed that it happened.

If an NUFC player did it then I wouldn't leave the ground or switch the telly off, but I'd still think the player was an absolute prick.  And it's been that long since we won anything that I'd rather we did it properly without any of that shite, thanks.

Seriously though, I'd much prefer a proactive rather than reactive approach to the issue. Cheating should have no place in the game. Anything that encourages it or accepts it is wrong.

Secondly, I am loathe to have you tell me on the one hand that it's a situation a Newcastle fan hasn't been in, whilst on the other telling me exactly how I and others would react in that situation.

Loathe :lol:

Real reason why I say that is because I've never seen one fan of any team ever complain in a situation like that of cheating. Making it a cultural thing as some have done is ridiculous as one of the most cheated World Cup was in favour of England and I've not read of English fan staying at home p*ssed that it happened.

Fair enough shouldn't have had the 'e'. Loath meaning reluctant.

You lot pretending like you'd be p*ssed off if one of our own did that in CL quarter final. It's as much cheating as bringing someone down when going through on goal.

I'd say it was more the reaction that followed that made him an arsehole in that situation. Still, the World Cup will be worse off without him.

Yeah the reaction of leaving the pitch basically in tears until Gyan missed the penalty. I'm sorry, but had it been Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Alan Shearer everyone on here would be applauding it. Hypocritical as f***. (not aimed at you btw)

Flip, you're missing the point. There truly is more of a culture of that sort of gamesmanship/cheating in Uruguay and, say, Argentina, than there is in the UK. Not to say it doesn't happen here, but you're calling us hypocrites by transferring your own beliefs onto us. I don't know how I'd react to an England player doing what Suarez did in that situation because, well, an England player hasn't done what he did, but I know for a fact that most fans on here don't share your opinion on cheating in football because we've had this argument before.

There was a nice piece at the time of the handball which considered one argument - that Suarez should not be condemned because it was instinctive. The counterpoint was sure, his instinct was to cheat. Much as he instinctively pirouettes and screams under contact.

I think you need to come to terms with the fact that a lot of English fans truly think that stuff is wrong. We really do.

Leffe I don't buy it, sorry, but if it was your player doing it you'd be all lyrical. I'm not saying what Suarez did is right in the ethical sense, I'm just saying that what he did is what 99% of us would do ourselves or want our players to do in a situation like that. If some of you belong to that 1% then fair enough, you're better than most, but until you experience a situation like that and I see all of you being quite disgusted with qualifying and making petitions for you not to qualify as it's cheating I won't buy it. My soon 10 years on here I've seen a lot of decisions go our favour and us fans accepting it, many of these in meaningless Premier League games.

Pretending like it's a cultural aspect rather than the fact that everyone wants to win at all costs is laughable.

Steven Taylor did it and everyone found it profoundly embarrassing/disapproved. Leffe is spot on :thup:

You lot pretending like you'd be p*ssed off if one of our own did that in CL quarter final. It's as much cheating as bringing someone down when going through on goal.

I'd say it was more the reaction that followed that made him an arsehole in that situation. Still, the World Cup will be worse off without him.

Yeah the reaction of leaving the pitch basically in tears until Gyan missed the penalty. I'm sorry, but had it been Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Alan Shearer everyone on here would be applauding it. Hypocritical as f***. (not aimed at you btw)

Flip, you're missing the point. There truly is more of a culture of that sort of gamesmanship/cheating in Uruguay and, say, Argentina, than there is in the UK. Not to say it doesn't happen here, but you're calling us hypocrites by transferring your own beliefs onto us. I don't know how I'd react to an England player doing what Suarez did in that situation because, well, an England player hasn't done what he did, but I know for a fact that most fans on here don't share your opinion on cheating in football because we've had this argument before.

There was a nice piece at the time of the handball which considered one argument - that Suarez should not be condemned because it was instinctive. The counterpoint was sure, his instinct was to cheat. Much as he instinctively pirouettes and screams under contact.

I think you need to come to terms with the fact that a lot of English fans truly think that stuff is wrong. We really do.

Leffe I don't buy it, sorry, but if it was your player doing it you'd be all lyrical. I'm not saying what Suarez did is right in the ethical sense, I'm just saying that what he did is what 99% of us would do ourselves or want our players to do in a situation like that. If some of you belong to that 1% then fair enough, you're better than most, but until you experience a situation like that and I see all of you being quite disgusted with qualifying and making petitions for you not to qualify as it's cheating I won't buy it. My soon 10 years on here I've seen a lot of decisions go our favour and us fans accepting it, many of these in meaningless Premier League games.

Pretending like it's a cultural aspect rather than the fact that everyone wants to win at all costs is laughable.

Steven Taylor did it and everyone found it profoundly embarrassing/disapproved. Leffe is spot on :thup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah let's take the example where we're down 1-0 already in a meaningless PL game and compare it to the Suarez handball in WC stage where your nation has not been for I don't know how many decades. 

Also they scored, so we didn't take advantage from it.

It's a shame, because a fifth laughing smiley would have convinced me my own opinion on sportsmanship is flawed. You're just so, so wrong. It's not some mythical 1%, Flip.

It's a shame, because a fifth laughing smiley would have convinced me my own opinion on sportsmanship is flawed. You're just so, so wrong. It's not some mythical 1%, Flip.

Let's just completely skip the part when I said 1% was just a number.

I do wonder whether palnese, who is of such high moral grounds, was happy to see Norway through the group in 98 when I think it was Flo who threw himself on the ground to get a penalty. Norwegian commentators were ecstatic and so was the people. But I guess it's a cultural thing.

If Karma exists Holland (because Flip hates us) will knock Brazil out of the WC next month after a similar incident. I fully expect Flip to be reasonable and applaud the Dutch player in question.

Why would I applaud him when I'm on the opposite side? You're not the most intelligent on here and I respect that not everyone can be, but to make assumptions out of the blue like that is ridiculous. I'm talking from the point of view where yourself got the decision in favour of you. Why in the name of god would I applaud someone else, I'm not applauding anyone, I'm just saying he did what was right for his team. It's the same way when Arbeloa pulled Neymar down in the last Confed Final, I was p*ssed becasue he wasn't sent off, not because he did what he did.